Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: choosing a female name

bella wants to look good! patddfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress Lainie View Post
    [SIZE=4]You could use a name that is someone in your family you admire. Or just wait, it will come to you, I think.[/SIZE]
    ok!

You can't use "Shagundulla." When they get a really good one, they retire it, and nobody else can use it ever again. This is why you never heard of a parent naming their daughter Shagundulla!

Thank you Dom Delouise, wherever you are. "And now, Shagundulla gonna' get into the Box!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    mine came to me out of the blue, I have a unisex name(taylor) but when i'm dressed i am a different person so i choose a different name. the one good thing is if i do a legal name change my intials will still be the same KTM which helps legally. Just ask your self how different are you dressed as oppsed to drab and what your personality is like and the name will come to you naturally.
    when in doubt, dress

I dont know where it came from but one day I was sitting just writing some stuff down (I write thoughts down cause sometimes they are good) and just signed the bottom of the page "Amber Jane"... I use my real last name to finish it and I love it.

Silver Member
    I gave myself the name Susan many years ago. I chose this because it starts with an 's' and has five letters just like my guy name. Also I have known several GG's with this name that I admired. This suits me and don't know why I would ever want to change it.

I called myself Fiona as it was the name I would have been given if I had been born a girl.

My somewhat silly approach was to list all the names of my cousins, nieces and aunts and then pick a name not used by them.

Hum, maybe Monique?

Quote Originally Posted by patddfan View Post
    ... anyone got any suggestions?
    Well, I recommend the cutest girlname of all time: Traci

(just kidding)

Some girls name themselves for someone they admire, some just for the sound of the name, some for the sort of personality they assume when dressed, some ask a wife/SO to "christen" them, some base it on their male name....I think it's mainly a case of "whatever works for you."

Good luck. *huggg*

Choosing My Female Name

I choose Andrea after the name of one of my former girl friends. And I added Raven to differentiate me from other Andrea's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In Search of Sunrise WildLotus29's Avatar
    My name just randomly came to mind one evening. Like some of the previous posters have said, I think your girl name chooses you.

bella wants to look good! patddfan's Avatar
    ok then! i'm going to decide august 17th and post it on here for everyone to see!

is choosing a female name important or not? if so, anyone got any suggestions?
    The first night I went out dressed with friends they needed a name to use so one girl came up with Katheryn, the exact spelling is my choice, to be a bit different.

So it's been Katheryn or Kate ever since.

K
    "No, I'm not hitting on you, Ma'am, when I said I wanted to get in your pants, I meant I wanted to try them on!"

I chose the name I like best

I simply feminised my male name. It could have been Laura or Lori but I finally just added an 'a' to my nickname. And I fell in love with it.
    "Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman."

Margaret Fuller (1810 - 1850)

I seem to be in the minority here, but I don't use a female name. I was born Larry and am comfortable with that name and feel no need to use anything else. I am the same person whether I am wearing pants or a skirt, bra, and stockings.

I don't try to pass, however, so can understand that those who wish to pass as female would want to use a female name.

Larry

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Talking

ok then! i'm going to decide august 17th and post it on here for everyone to see!
    Eagerly awaiting your choice.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Chris or Christine

I chose Christine because when it is shortened to Chris it sounds like a man's name.

I did this because when I shop I usually tell the SA that my name is Chris Collier. It is safer than using my real name, and since it sounds like a guy's name no one ever questions it and assumes that Chris Collier is my real name.

So all the SA's I deal with at the various stores I shop in all know me as Chris Collier (whisper, whisper - the old guy who likes to dress up like a girl)!

Hugs

Christie Ann

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Well, calling me "Doug" while dressed en femme kinda ruins the whole mood! I picked Debbie, but my SO suggested Debbee, just to be different! Like they say, pick something you like, but you can always change it!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I picked Jessica Nicole since I probably would have been named that if I were a girl, and I really like the sound of it, and both names independently. Plus, it's a name that fits my age group, considering it was the most popular name when I was born (consider that type of thing when you choose a name - you might want to avoid a very younger sounding name if you're older, or vice versa).

I didn't think to much about it really at the time. I looked through a list of baby names for girls and found Allison, which I loved. Then I kept going, alphabetically, forever, until I stumbled upon Kaylee. I was torn, I loved them both! Then I found out Allison is also a last name, so now I'm Kaylee Allison!

Actually for me Lori was my given birth name. But it was spelt Lauri. It is of finnish descent and is a common mans name there.

Nowadays sight unseen I still get mistaken for a girl if people call me by that name. I was at the emergency room(nothing serious), and the nurse doing the initial check up said sit here "maam" as I was walking to the booth.