• My SO knows and frequently participates in my CD'ing activities

54 31.95%
  • My SO knows and we're always together as girls

13 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Significant Other's Acceptance

Banned Read only

Significant Other's Acceptance

A lot of us are in relationships, with varying degrees of acceptance from our SO's. What are the levels of acceptance?

Bonus question: Are you at the level of acceptance you want to be, or do you want to push things further?

My wife is quite open minded. I know she'll never leave me because of me being TG but I know she has issues dealing with it most times. I used to be quite open and would feel free to speak about anything Jenn-related to her, but after a somewhat sore exchange after a leg-shaving incident in May, it's been a period of losing ground, or more like undoing the progress that was made over the last year.

She is understanding and I suppose would like to be supportive so I guess she feels that she can best do this by not bringing it into the light through any kind of conversation so that there is no possibility of taking a discussion into a negative area. We have enough other troubles as it is, now and then.

As far as wanting it to be accepted,... Hmmm,.. sure I'd think that would make me feel quite wonderful about myself overall. I don't expect that to ever happen tho.

jenn
    Last edited by jennCD; 07-22-2008 at 09:51 AM.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I answered "frequently" for my SO's participation. This is usually related to underdressing although she has participated in an observational capacity in full dressing. So, on that basis, yes - I would like to push things further. But not yet. The majority of the time she is not ready for that so no more advances right now. We've a lot of talking to do yet so we both understand how my being TG is going to impact the rest of our life together.

Sarah...

My SO is very accepting of Amber and we often dress together and enjoy different activities. She even buys Amber clothes and jewelry she thinks would look good. I couldn't ask for a more accepting, understanding Lady. Hugs, Amber
    "in varietate concordia"

To answer your bonus question, I would like things to change but it's not exactly participation I want. My SO is always anxious about other people finding out about Ruth, so I respect this and don't do anything indiscreet: but I wish she could be more relaxed about it and realise that the world in general is not that interested in my peculiarities.
    Still, things are not too bad - we always tend to want more than we've got.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Togeather

I was surprised that when I read the results (so far) only 4 percent said their SO's were like sisters, So really I should go out a buy mine a big bunch of flowers, actually that's not a bad idea. Thanks for the idea.
    Love is beautiful, good health you have to work at, long lasting Love is beautiful, but you have to work at it.
    Lesley Ann

I selected the third choice, because it fits my situation. When my SO decides to participte. It is at her choice and degree. I am very happy with this relation. She always makes time for me to dress at least once a week.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    You don't have to be perfect to be great, as you and this poll are.

There's a lot to learn from the poll as it is!

That said, I think I found an oversight that may lead to a different, and interesting poll...perhaps the one you intended ?

The "I don't have an SO" is present, while another category that explains not answering the level of SO participation is missing: "My SO doesn't know."

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Smile

My SO participates in many activies, we both injoy shopping and looking for items for the other. We both know the others likes and dislikes in styles.

Former Member
    My wife has known since very early in our relationship. She has always been supportive. I answered "frequently" because I don't have the opportunity to dress often, but she is supportive when I do.

Bonus question: I like things just the way they are......well, maybe I would like to dress just a little more often.....

I had to go with the second choice baecase My SO knows but isn't quite ready to meet Jill face to face yet. I don't know if her giving me advice counts as participation. Sh has been extermely suportive to the point where she has joined the forum to learn more about me and our (crossdressers) lifestyle as a whole.

I am grateful to have a supportive SO because I don't have to hide anything from her, and I can ask for her opinion and advice. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

My wife has been very helpful since we got married, buying, & even making things for me, but that's as far as it goes. She doesn't mind me dressing or shopping, but said she doesn't want to see me dressed. As long as I get some girl time every now & then I'm quite happy.

Exclamation Acceptance?

The other question is: How well do we accept our SO's level of acceptance.

Still another time it was difficult for me to answer accurately.
    I chose this one :
    << My SO knows, but doesn't participate in my CD'ing activities >> ,
    because she doesn't like at all my CDing, as she only tolerates I do it when she is not in.

Nevertheless my SO participated very significantly in my CD'ing inasmuch she gave me dozens of very nice outfits of hers, koz she does wear them no more.
    They are by far much more girlie and gorgeous than the femme clothes I used to buy, and my wardrobe is now extremely appealing. Moreover SO agrees I wear most of her clothes and jewelry in her absence.

All that has boosted my femme appearence and I love wearing SO's clothes, and her daughter's ones as well.

Hugs

Nadia
    Last edited by Nadia-Maria; 07-22-2008 at 04:50 AM.

Gold Member

doesn't participate

She found pictures a few years ago and asked the questions that day, since then it's never been mentioned again, heck it's like I'm still hiding the secrete form her yet to this day.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    You don't have to be perfect to be great, as you and this poll are.

There's a lot to learn from the poll as it is!

That said, I think I found an oversight that may lead to a different, and interesting poll...perhaps the one you intended ?

The "I don't have an SO" is present, while another category that explains not answering the level of SO participation is missing: "My SO doesn't know."

Roberta
    Thanks for the kind words.

You are indeed correct, I missed out "I have a SO, but she doesn't know".

Sorry for that. Hopefully the poll still shows some value in the possible variations.

I am one of the lucky bunch. My SO and I are true girlfriends. I am a total girl when we are home and sometimes when we are out. I am not a girl at work.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Acceptance

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    My wife is accepting of my dressing. She helps me shop and advises me on what I should wear and such. She suspected for years, I came out fully about 3 years ago and she has helped me grow and accept myself. I would like to meet other CD'ers, but she is afraid I would leave her. I guess I'm still working on that one.

My wife has been great the last 3 years I'd say 99% acceptance. And yes I'm pretty happy where I'm at with my dressing hun.
    Angie

Wink

I am very happy with the level we are on! My wife is very envolved with Kaitlin, she supports me 150% We do "a lot" together when I'm dressed. We have talked many times about what we would do and where we would go if I was able to pass. But I'm not able to so we just enjoy things here at home. The only thing out of the home is the complete underdressing 24/7!! Luvs Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I answered that my SO knows, but does not participate.

Bonus Question: I think I am happy with it the way it is. After 23 years of marriage, it would seem awkward to have her participating with with her.

I answered that my wife knows, and occassionally participates. This is at the once a year Northern Concord weekend at a fairly remote hotel, when the club takes over the entire hotel.
    I think my wife would be up for more involvement, but her point is quite a valid one; I am in disguise when dressed - wig, makeup et al. She on the other hand is "naked", as it were, so if a friend or (worse) one of her work colleagues saw her/us, the gossip would be very quick in coming, and it would get very messy, very quickly as the crossover (sic) between work friends and personal friends talking happened.
    Has any forum member considered this when desiring their SO to be seen "out" with them? I know I'd never thought about it like that.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I had a Significant Other
    She didn,t accept.
    Now she,s no longer Significant
    And she,s not my Other

I take it this Poll is for MTF's judging by the poll answers... so I gather it would really piss you off if non MTF's voted in it and ruined it eh?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I picked that she does it sometimes even though she would be willing to do it all the time if i wanted she is very accepting however I'm a pretty androgynous person and I "like" going back and forth so for me its only a sometimes thing.