Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you 5'7" - 5'9" tall?

Are you 5'7" - 5'9" tall?

Hi all,
    Are you 5'7" - 5'9" tall? I am just about 5' 8" (173cm) tall and weight about 150 lb (68kg) with about a 30-31in (76-79cm) waistline. Id like to hear from others that are 5'7" - 5'9" tall. What do you weigh and what size girls/womens clothes fit you? Im try to get down to about 130 lbs to further reduce my waistline - do you think this is possible? Anyone 5'7" - 5'9" tall and weigh 135 lbs or less? What is you waistline and what sizes do you fit?

Thanks
    Luv and Hugs,
    Patti Remick
    Massachusetts, USA - 20 miles (32 km) west of Boston.

'm 5'7'' 154 lb's 36in. waist I wear a size 12 in some thing Can get in a 10.
    Angie

Coda...
    I'm 5'11 and 140lbs. I can do a 10 or less, but I have to go up a bit in leotards due to a long torso. I actually have a thin feminine frame. Never thought it would come in handy until recently...

You are pretty close to my size. I couldn't go much lighter unless I want to be skin and bones. I am 150 and was down to 145 for a while and that gave me a pretty thin waitline, but it caused me to loose fat off my chest and waistline so now padding is required. It seems like if you loose almost all of your body fat, your system does a reset and depending on your hormone levels when you gain the fat back it distributes differently than it was before...at least it seems like that to me. Note, I'm active and have some muscle. My size is somewhere in the 8 -12 or medium to large depending what clothing it is.

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    I am 5' 8" too and weight 139 lbs. I have a thin frame as Zenith said so I look feminine when I dress, unfortunately my waistline is not what I'd like it to be. To be honest, I'm fat because I can't shut my mouth and eat all kinds of food I shouldn't. Don't take me wrong, I'm not over my ideal weight because I have thin bones, but my belly is something I'm not proud of.

I run 3 miles (not every day but I try) so that helps me keep my figure but getting rid of this horrible belly takes more than that... and I just don't have the will to eat "healthier" so to speak. The only solution I found was great though... CORSET!

I can do a 9 easily, 8 is also fine, but less than that only in some clothes.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

I am 5'6" and 138 lbs with 30" waist now. I am size 8 dresses, 3 or 4 bottoms, and medium size tops. I was 142lbs, about three weeks ago. I am working on getting to 130 too but am really not sure if my waistline will change. I will let you know when i get there. Though, I do remembered when I was 125 lbs, I had 28" waist.

you sound like you just about right for your height to me. if i were you, i wouldnt diet to loose weight, rather just exercise to tone. you could probably stay same weight but still loose an inch off your waist.
    The troble with dieting is you cant control where the weight comes off. For me, once i get to the lower end of my ideal weight for height zone, i start loosing weight off my legs...and they look worse for it.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

5' 9" Big Girl

I'm 5'9", slightly under 300 lbs, 46" waist, and I wear a size 18/20 or 22 dress size.

You sound like you are just the right size at ~150ish... I haven't been that size since boot camp.

We are north of Atlanta Ga. Nice house in the woods.

5'9"

Im 5'9" tall , weigh 155#. I wear a size 10 dress and medium skirts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wife likes to wear my cloths

vary big girl

I'm 5'8 234.5 ibs and i start my diet now !!!!
    my bra is a 38 d dress size depending on the make 14 ,15 ,16
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Well Patti...It's gonna depend on your bone structure, too. If you're big-boned, you may need some extra muscle mass to make everything work correctly.

I'm 5"9 and fluctuate between 129 (my high school weight) and 140 (when I become a couch potato in the winter time. Who knew that cable TV causes weight gain?). But, I'm a rather thin-boned kinda beanpole anway, always have been. Ectomorph, they call it. When my mom worried that I was too skinny, she took me to the family doctor who advised that if I wanted to gain weight, I'd have to eat over 10,000 calories a day!

When I get to that 140, and have to buy jeans with a 31" waist, I feel uncomfortable. So I go on my non-diet diet. Less carb-filled junk food, more veggies, less meat, no bacon, and never soda! I also try not to eat any carbs after 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

I don't exercise regularly on purpose, but I do live pretty actively with lots of swimming, hiking, and at work I take the 3 flights of stairs about 20 times a day.

But I'm also one of those hyper-active types, that never sits still. When I'm sitting down, I'm still always moving, whether it's foot tapping or leg swinging or even finger-tapping. Even this little bit of constant motion can rid us of a substantial number of calories, if we're not constantly refueling with a bag of cheetos and a mountain dew at hand.

Figure out your body type, (ecto-, endo- or mesomorph) and then just work at getting to and maintaing the lowest healthy weight for that type. Don't starve yourself...

And don't forget your mlti-vitamins!

Oh! and sizes? Well, having a slim, but trianglar shaped body, I often have to get a 10 or 12 top just to get shoulder width or sleeve length, but wear a 7 (29") in jeans. (I often get larger jeans or skirts, though, and pad out hips, butt and thighs to get a better proportioned shape.)
    Last edited by deja true; 07-26-2008 at 07:10 AM.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 132 lbs. My waist measures 30". I'm in the UK and dress sizes here are different from the US, but FWIW I seem to be somewhere between UK sizes 12 and 14 (US 10 and 12). According to the official size guides published many places, I should be a 14 UK with a 30" waist, but in practice most size 14 skirts and jeans are about 32-34" waist, and much too big for me in the hips as well. Mostly size 12 (10 US)is about right in pants and skirts, but I have to be careful, as I have seen size 12 clothes with a 26" waist, which I could never squeeze into. And then, I find that many size 12 dresses and tops are a bit narrow in the shoulders, and tight under the arms, so I tend to buy size 14 more often in those garments.

I am still dieting and trying to lose more weight, as I would like to get down to a 28" waist and wear size 10 UK (8 US). The only fat on my body is around the waist; if I eat too much carbs all the weight I gain goes right there. Nothing on the hips, butt or bust, where I would love to have it. So the only way to get a better figure is make the waist smaller, and I hate seeing fat there anyway. I am losing 2 lbs per week on my diet and exercise program, and staying fit and healthy; another month should get me there.
    A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
    Groucho Marx

5'9" and 152 lbs. I can wear skirts anywhere from US size 8 to 12 but tops and dresses generally have to be size 14 to fit over my rib cage. :-(

I'm too tall for this question...but I have probably see as many CD/Tgirls/etc as anyone in person...so will take a stab at it.

Frist off your height and weight sound pretty dang good to me. But it could not hurt to diet a bit and see how ya look. If you have a small frame you might be able to pull off a super skinny look. But then again I see some tgirls that are too thin..they get that Triangle Look going...Big shoulders that angles in to small hips then skinny legs. You might need a little meat on your bones!

Finally low impact exersice is the key...tone up those muscles yet avoid bulking up or getting cut muscles if ya know what I mean. I have from time to time gotten myself down to 175 pounds on a 5' 10" frame. Thats still probably a bit heavy but I was exersising so much I was toned and very happy with da look!

All That being said I totally blew my diet and exersise program and now am back on it fighting my way back to a 20 pound reduction to get me back to where I was last year.

I'm 5' 9" and weigh about 155 to 160, depending on the day. I wear a size 10-12 regular, and a 14-16 vintage. My waistline is about 32 inches.

The nerve of you asking such questions!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    5'9" and a flat 200lbs.30 " waist and 44" chest. size 8 jeans are comfortable, can still get into my 7's some days,but need at least a 14-16 in tops. would love to have the figure of some of you girls,but without shoulder reduction surgery,my chances are slimmer than i'll ever be...
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

6'3-6'4 depends what convient store leaving.lol

I am 5'7" flatfooted, but 5'10" in my shoes, and 160 lb. Too heavy, by about 20 lb.

Size 10 in most items.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Question Excluded

[SIZE=4]Patti, sorry I am excluded from your heights. But for the sake of general information give my stats. Also I am very envious of girls your size. I had a 28inch waist in high school but by 5 yrs later it was more like 40.

So I am 5'11". weigh 200-210, Dont laugh: bust 44, waist 43, hips 42 (not counting the fat overhang)

Wonder if that is called a pyramidal figure?

With a belt to squeeze my middle, I do appear to have larger hips than waist. What an illusion!

I wear an XL in tops and skirts or a 16/18, and a 38/40 in one blouse, but its loose even with my 44D's.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

I'm 5' 7", 155 lbs.... but want to get down to 150. Lower than that, I'm too skinny... my waist is about 32. Size 8 pants and skirts... XL in tops.... I have a 40" chest and athletic build, so my shoulders are too wide to suit me. I never thought I would be saying that. LOL I always wanted to be taller, but now I'm happy with my size. It makes it easier for me to pass as a girl. :-)
    As soon as I put on heels, I AM a girl!

I know I don't qualify for the question, but I envy all of you girls who are small framed. Makes everything so much easier doesn't it. Unfortunately I'll never be able to do that as I'm big boned, and built like an NFL Linebacker, the best I ever did was 190, when I was 18. Oh the cruelty of it all.

Christy

Hi All,

I'm 5'9" and weigh 174. I wear a size 14 I'm working on shedding a few more pounds. Would like to lose another ten pounds or so. I was down to 150 back in my early thirties. But my metabolisum is'nt what it was then. I've been biking twenty five miles. In the morning when I'm home and find a stationary bike when I'm on the road. Do love what it's done for my BP I'm 120 over 70. Was 145 over 90. One of these days I'll be able to get into a size 10!! LOL

Huggs, Renee

top to big

I am 5'8' tall and about 157 lb. I work out 5 days a week and should lay off the weights because I have a 42 in. chest and wide shoulders which cause me to wear a size 14 in dresses. In skirts I can wear a size 10, but I seem to be a bit top heavy. Been lifting longer than dressing, and it is hard to stop, just like dressing would be.

5'8", 135 lbs., size 6 jeans with a belt, medium skirts, tops, and dresses. Size 8 high heels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

I agree with Deidra. Many t-girls who are too thin don't look femme at all, regardless how they are dressed. It's better to have some fat here and there to look natural.

I'm 5'8" and 155-160, and feel it's a good balance for both drab and femme. Size 12's work well for most things, and, at least in my mirrors, I look reasonably proportioned as a woman.

An aside...I've always tried to hide my upper arms in femme mode because they were kinda big, and used to be a bit muscular. Just the other day, I wore a junior t with very short sleeves since it was quite warm. A gurl at Carla's remarked how lucky I was to have "plump" arms, so typical of mature women. Hmmm, gotta show 'em off more, just don't flex

Mitzi