Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you 5'7" - 5'9" tall?

I'm 5' 9" and 152 pounds, so I'm in your zone. My stats are 37 bust, 31 waist and 38 hips.
    I always reckoned I looked kind of wimpey as a man but I'm better in a dress.
    UK sizes are a little different - I can wear a size 12 dress in most brands though some are a little too snug and I have to go up to 14. Definitely size 12 for skirts.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Size

I'm 5'9 and 160lbs. I have a 31 inch waist. I still have alot of trouble in the sizing department. Depending on where I get the item from and how it's made, my size changes. Right now I need to work on slimming my belly down(rolling waistband).

I'm 5'7" and weigh 135lbs. I'm rather small framed and usually wear a size 8, and sometimes a 6. My waist is 30". Idealy I would like to put on a few pounds while doing daily crunches to keep my waist down. (easier said than done).

5' 9" and 175.... If I get much below 165 and I feel terrible....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Do you really want to know ? I suppose so or else the query would not be here and nor would I be in
    this post.
    5'10" ; Somewhere around 140lbs ; 36C ;
    Size 10 -12 uk

~Samm

I'm a tad under 5'9" and weigh 160 (give or take a pound or two on any given day). While I keep an eye on my weight to maintain, losing 5 or 10 pounds would do absolutely nothing for my feminine presentation. If nothing else, it would probably pull from what curves I do have. Sizing out there is crazy. I consider myself a true medium but have dresses in 6 and even 8 and jeans which range from 4 to 10. Tops I usually go with medium or large but depending on the designer, sometimes I have to resort to an XL. But you can't let that stuff get you down, that's just how clothes are made these days, sizes all over the map.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Dear Patti, I wish I was as svelte as you but alas, I am 5'8" and weigh 162 lbs. I just measured myself today so I could place a catalog order from JC Penney, and my waist is 33" hips 38" and I wear a 38 DD bra. I would love to get down to a size 8 but I think it's only a dream. I have lost some weight but I doubt I'll ever see a 30" waist again.

I was at my peak of 195# in 2003 and could barely squeeze into a 16. Losing 33 lbs has put me back to my size 12 which is what I consider normal for my body mass. If there is the slightest chance that I can get down to a 10 I'll be a happy girl. I'm just going to take a wait and see attitude. I'm not dieting but I'm eating less than before. I consider it quite a success to go from a 36 waist back down to a 33. Maybe if I lose another 10 to 15 lbs. I can fir into a 10 dress Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

5'10''

I am 5'10'' and weigh 145 lbs I can go as low as 135 lbs but only on extremes, my waist is 29, bust 36. I can wear a size 10 with no problem and I totally agree some fat here and there is better.

What's Your Ideal weight?

While I am 5'10" tall, 150 pounds average weight with a 28" waist, I found that 44C breast forms gives me a enveable proportionate figure. I am light boned and can wear a size 10 dress, and large blouses work for me. Just remember GG's come in all shapes and sizes. So shall we. It is not the weight to height ratio that is as crucial to passing, as the permanent removal of facial hair. Nothing gives you away quicker than 5 o'clock shadow. I recommend you dress you age, if you are 50+, don't go out in mini-skirts or goth if you want to pass. However, for your health and appearance, I agree with the others, reduce you weight (it shoud make you happier & healthier).

Andrea
    Last edited by RavenAndrea; 07-26-2008 at 06:29 PM.

I'm about 5'-8-1/2" and weigh about 150#. In skirts and pants I take a 6 or an 8. In elastic waist skirts, I am a small. For dresses, I take a 14. My bra size is 38B.

Jodi

6 foot 4 inches and about 200 lbs here,

hugs misty

I'm 5ft 8 ins and weigh 76kg (167 pounds)

I've been loosing some weight recently, but am very mindful of the fact that if my face starts to get too thin it will look less feminine - that is, less of a rounder shape. So I'm cautious. It's a carefull balancing act I guess.

I'm 5ft 9, 138 pounds,29 in. waist, size 4-6

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieC View Post
    I'm 5ft 9, 138 pounds,29 in. waist, size 4-6
    I hate you woman!!!!! (kidding of course)
    Envy is my problem

well I'm 5'9" and weigh 140waist29-30. Now I thought as girls we wernt supposed to tell other people these things Oh well

You girls that are small in body size regardless of your height are so lucky. I am 5'8" and weigh about 215 lbs. I am broad shouldered with a 46" chest, 34" waist. It makes passing in public impossible. It also makes finding dresses that fit top and bottom equally as hard. I wear about a 16-18 in tops and a size 8 in bottoms. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    5'9" and 152 lbs. I can wear skirts anywhere from US size 8 to 12 but tops and dresses generally have to be size 14 to fit over my rib cage. :-(
    Same here, except I'm 5'6". The green ladies suit I recently posted pictures of I almost didn't buy because it was labled a size 8 and yet it fit almost perfectly.

I have clothes that are marked "petite" and they fit perfectly, and I have clothes that are marked "large" and I have to squeeze into them. Most misses sizes tend to fit quite well on me however.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I'm 5'91/2" and weigh 160 lbs. I wear a size 4 pants. Not sure what size bra or dress as I've never bought one. My waiste is 32". I feel if I get any lighter, I look too thin (for a guy anyway).

'bout 5'8" & 150-160 lbs. (closer to 160 today, had dinner at Buca de Beppo last night) Usually wear a size 12, sometimes 10.
    Used to hate being the 'little' guy, but I love being a big gurl.
    No closet is big enough!

I may be small numerically, but don't feel like it...

I am 5'7, weigh 145, and wear size 3/4 dresses, 6 jeans (with heels), wear size 8.5/9 heels, and wear S tops/skirts. I must say, however, that I would like to be around low 130s. i feel like i would be more feminine at 130.
    Last edited by tgirlinva; 07-28-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    I hate you woman!!!!! (kidding of course)
    Envy is my problem
    me too big time .. lets all go eat pizza and beer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm 5'7 and 3/4 inches tall or I just tell people I'm 5'8. I am amazingly overweight with a male pants size of about 36-37. People rarely notice or comment on my "spare tires" and "couch pillows" because it's all sorta spread out evenly on me in body distribution and I don't look fat and corpulant. But,hey,I'm 52 and for health reasons I've been tryin' to diet for a year now and the last 2 times I was at the doctor I'd lost about 15 pounds. My GG freind who's passed away was almost exactly the same size and height as me and we wore eachother's clothes all the time.

5'9"...134lbs....usually size 6

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    me too big time .. lets all go eat pizza and beer
    I'm with MJ... I have had a constant battle with my weight, I did well a few years when i had a physically demanding job (lugging 20kg bags of flour) i lost 30kgs and was looking heathy and fitting into sizes i'd never dreamt of before, now, not a chance.... back into size 14 - 16 have trouble finding dresses that fit my broad shoulders but have discovered that i can wear jeans and give that illusion of being skinny and looking sexy.

I am 5'8" and heavier (185) than my usual with (160) sizes depend on the article of clothing (skirts 14 or 16, tops 18 or 20)