Thread: Ever Been "Outed" Online?

Ever Been "Outed" Online?

All this paranoia about posting pictures and someone you know finding them...has that ever happened?

I have a theory that no one you know in "regular life" will ever stumble across your Internet CD photos UNLESS they are specifically looking for them. Am I wrong? Ever been "outed"?
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    No, but if I am I'll ask them what they were doing surfing a crossdressing website...
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Hard to say Hon. It's been my experience that there are more "straight" people interested in CDers and TG folks than most people may think.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    They'd have a bit of a hard time saying that they were happily cruising the web, not looking for anything in particular, and just happened upon a photo - which upon really close inspection - determined it was probably you!

Don't worry, be happy!

I think about this, but like TommiTN said, I too would ask why they were looking up crossdressing anyways.

I think I'd use the opportunity to talk about it, assuming they confronted me about it in an adult way; in other words...pulling me aside to ask, or calling me.

As far as confronting me in an immature way...well, I guess it depends on the situation.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayna2008 View Post
    I think about this, but like TommiTN said, I too would ask why they were looking up crossdressing anyways.

I think I'd use the opportunity to talk about it, assuming they confronted me about it in an adult way; in other words...pulling me aside to ask, or calling me.

As far as confronting me in an immature way...well, I guess it depends on the situation.

Anyone who comes to this site arrived with a purpose. One may logically assume they have an interest in the subject or they wouldn't be here in the first place. If they try to blackmail you, you can turn the tables and have them arrested since extortion is definitely illegal while CDing isn't.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Nope, and I don't intend to.
    -Sedona

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    Here comes my 2 cents.

While it might be true that if a person were to bring up a photo they thought was you, they could have found it in a couple ways: 1. found it here on this site directly (which most of the posts address) 2. someone found it, thought that "chick" looked hot, and posted it somewhere else, and that's where the friend found it.

In the last case, as Shayna said, it would depend upon how they brought it up. The context would have to determine the fight or flee reaction.

The broader point is that if one posts a pic here on this site, one must be prepared that the secret might come to light in an uncomfortable fashion. Advance preparation (advising those whom you care about, etc) is the key. At least that way, one can have some modicum of control. Can't really be half in the closet and half out, no?
    Heidi99

and as long as you do not post your real name with your cd pics for a search of your real name to find.

Color my earlier thead paranoid but although the chances of being outed on the internet are very slim, there is still a chance. I'll choose to play it safe for the time being.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I came out in a Notebook forum Off Topic Section and they had a negative reaction to me. A few accepted me but others kept making fun of me and it's not fun posting there anymore.

I've been a member of Cyclingforums.com for 4.5 years, got outed in a thread, and most everybody wasn't bothered by me because I had a long history there and they knew me well before being outed.

With thousands of photos and movies of me enfemme and in drab floating out there.... Nope... hasn't happened yet....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have not, From personal experience of my boss seeing me dressed in a photos which was all of 15 seconds he thought I was a relative that was cute. I know that some of us look so different until only our mothers and or S.O. would be able to tell in photos.

If anyone recognises my photo, please let me know, we'll go have a drink.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I was sort of outed online... but it was a good thing! I'm also a member of another CD site geared towards younger folk like me, and a girl I added to my buddy list (who I was talking to regularly as a friend) started freaking out when I showed her a picture of my guy self.

Why?

She's my best friends little brother.

Weird, huh?

Its cool though, because (s)he's like a brother (and now sister!) to me, and we can talk about this stuff openly together! I'm glad it happened!

xoxo
    Ally