Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair real or wigs

Hair real or wigs

I have been letting my hair grow . I can almost put it all back in a tail and at night I love to have some one run there fingers through it . During the day I have to have my hair up and out of my eyes and stuff . My one boss has been busting me about my hair geting long and getting girley I just tell him that just because he is getting old don't rewin it for the rest of us young people . I had very short hair for a while and had it half way down my back at one point when I was younger and in callage. I am trying to find some way to do my hair but im not sure about havin bangs . I have told people Im gowing for the Willey Nelson look . ok maybe his sister . can you do more with wigs than real hair. is having long hair worth it. I can feel girley when I run my fingers through my long hair and no one knowes but me . let me know what you think

Banned Read only
    Just wanted to say that I think if you are happy and enjoy growing long hair then why not keep growing it.

I grew my hair long several years ago and now its about halfway down my back. So now I have a choice!

I would love to add some color to my natural hair but I get enough looks on the ponytail everyday anyway!

Wig

Natural.
    I have since dye it back to my natural color. All the grey is gone

My hair is halfway down my back. Unfortunaltey it starts out with a soft wave and gets curly toward the end so it ends up just below my shoulders. My bangs reach below my chin. I keep them long to avoid haveing a certifiable mullet. Personally, I like my hair long. Not to feel "girly", I just don't like the way I look with short hair. So if you don't mind teh extra time it takes to deal with excess hair then go for it. Grow the bangs too. Play with all teh styles you can untill you find a couple that suit you. And if bangs become too cumbersome and don't fit your style, then cut them off. I know nothing about wigs so I have no advice.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

I've been wearing my hair long for years. For me it's easier to deal with than short hair (and I like the way it feels on my shoulders). You could always get it cut later if you decide it's not for you.
    It's too hot for a good part of the year where I live to wear wigs (although I've heard you can get really good ones that are ventilated).

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Real hair here been growing it for over a year and it's well past the shoulders now, I have had it highlighted and wear it the same way no matter how I'm dressed. I do have to say in "drab" I get missed and maamed alot, but because I do so without the makeup I blend so much better dressed. At my age I say if you are hair challenged then you have to wear the wigs but I love having my own hair and it is worth the extra effort [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I let my hair grow out about 12 years ago and like it better than wigs. Over the years there have been a few comments, but for the most part no real problems.
    Dana Ryan

I wish we all had the choice. If I had a choice and my hair was as thick as it was in high school, I would definitely let it grow out. In high school, it was below shoulder length and thick, red, and wavy - my youngest daughter has the hair I used to have.

I won't describe how nature has decided to play a joke on me... I think you can figure it out for yourself.

Melissa

Karen,
    I find long hair on men very attractive. I can think of several celebs and indeed male models that grow their hair onto their shoulder and i think it looks dead sexy. On the other hand I also find bald men attractive wheres the logic in that. If your boss has a problem with it just run your equal opps and anti discrimanation policy by him and remind him of his responsibilities as an employer. One of the guys in our office wears clear nail polish, it used to cause a bit of a gossip between the girls, but its old hat now and theyve moved onto something else.
    Take care
    Bev

My hair is long and my own!
    Kinda sad to say that I have turned down a few great job opurtunities, due to just wanting to keep it, as it IS Me.
    I wont get rid of it either, that is unless they offer me a VERY good paycheck.
    I love my long hair..

My real hair easily fall onto my shoulders.

I am still growing it, but have an appointment on Monday, as I want the top long with the back cut (so as to thin down the thickness).

As far as employment is concerned, just say that on my poor wages I can't afford a hair cut! That would really upset the boss!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    My hair falls to my shoulders, too. It also falls to my pillow, to the floor and everywhere else except where I would like it. I have no choice; I must wig.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    At 44 years old, I am follicley challanged so I have to us a wig.
    As far as my own hair, when I was younger it was very curly and annoying.
    Drumming, My other hobby

I told my boss seversl times I cant aford to cut my hair but im always on time for work.

[SIZE=4]I am the world's biggest advocate for wigs, only because I have to use them. I am also a hair stylist so I see many clients that are "growing their hair out". For most it is a good thing, it gives me more to work with and cut and color and fuss about. For others, it really is just a desire to keep what they have left even if it is not attractive at all.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When someone comes to me with apparently thinning hair, I generally end up giving them an attractive haircut that accentuates their features rather than focus on their thinner spots, which really show.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]However, when I have a client that has thick abundant hair and want an attractive haircut that highlights their hair and features, I just love it. Their feet never hit the floor as they leave, they are so elated. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So, my two cents say to grow it if you can and it looks good. For the rest of us we just have to do the best we can with wigs, and believe me, I work at it![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I like my hair long, much cooler than a wig(but I have a couple for different looks).

A few weeks ago my new foreman told me to cut it, I flipped it back and explained that it hides my hearing aids. He hasn't said a word since. I hope he does, I need the money.

I am growing my hair out, but when I go out I use a Red wig, I also have a black wig too.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I always wear a wig. First of all, were I to run around in guy mode with that hair, well...my cover would be blown out of the water. It's girl hair! And I need it. My real hair keeps falling out.

You asked, can you do more with a wig than with real hair? Are you kidding? If you have enough real hair, then you can do anything with it. After all, wigs are supposed to emulate real hair, right? And real hair is stronger and more resilient than fake hair, too.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Platinum Member
    i don't own a wig ... my hair is almost down to my butt... grow it out.......in "HIM" mode it's up in a pony tail and still it's long and can't be hidden.......i love my hair not cuts for me........

girl about town

Real hair

I say: 'Grow it while you can!'
    And to hell what anyone thinks about it!
    Some of us don't have that option anymore.

I've let my hair grow out to my shoulders and I love it. It's cooler then a wig and I can put it up if it get to hot out. I do from time to time get some teasing at work but that don't bother my I also have both ears pierced and keep my legs shaved yearround.
    Angie

Of course I would grow my hair long if I could. I can't so I am grateful for wigs.

Well for me I have to keep my own hair short for my occupation, plus I'm a little thin on top. So wigs are the only answer for me.

Huggs, Renee

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I'm not keen on wigs, because I want to be as true as possible to my own self, and in as much as I don't see any deliniation between who I am am when dressed as a girl and who I am am when, dare I say it, crossdressed as a boy (wow don't I have a weird sense of things!), I want to have long hair like some girls do.

That said, apart from a light trim last year, and bit of a trim by my wife Debbie, I went to a stylist for the first time in about 10 years last Thursday. Actually both Debbie and I went. She gets a short style, and I got mine styled in a longer layered look ... both of which were inpired by the images in the girls section of hairstyle books the place had.

I have considered, at times, getting a short girls style, but I figure that THAT would be a bigger give away in boy mode than long hair!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Thumbs up go for the long hair

Long hair is in style nowadays for both the male and female side of you. I say if you can grow it long, go for it. I love long hair.

My middle son, who semi-crossdresses to female, has grown his hair almost to the bra-line in a straight cut. He has beautiful dark brown (almost black) very thick hair. He says he wants it as long as mine, to the top of my pants (belt-line). When he is being a male, he usually keeps it pulled back in a low pony-tail. My husband, who is having trouble adjusting to the CD world, cringes because it is longer than both his sisters' hair. Of course, this same man had long red hair with feathered wings in the 70s. So go figure.

Seriously hon. You decide what makes you feel beautiful and go for it. The rest of the world can either like it or look away. I was just in the beauty shop looking at boy haircuts for the youngest son and saw several decent long hair cuts that work for both female and male personas. Check these two out online. This first long style worn on Brad Pitt would be great for a french braid or some ribbony hair clips (http://www.hrmenshair.com/long_hair3.htm). Of course this other cut (http://www.hrmenshair.com/long_hair5.htm) would be great to play with a curling iron - maybe a loose bun with stray loose curls trailing down from it. Long hair is so versatile.

Have fun.
    Beth (mom to a 16-yr-old CDer)