Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on packing for flying.

Advice on packing for flying.

Girls,

Planning my first ever, ever trip flying. Any tips on how to pack your female cloths, stuff, etc.

Any advice?

Hugs!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I need these tips too!

I don't think that your suitcase would be the first one that they'd have seen with lingerie or dresses in it. Homeland Security isn't looking for crossdressers. Unless your packing some kind of device that goes *BANG*in those breast forms. If your worried about it or shy, and staying at a hotel at the other end of the plane ride you could just ship your stuff ahead via Fedex or UPS (What can Brown do for You!!!).

If you were travelling with your SO and sharing luggage, would it have even crossed your mind? How many bags do you think the airport staff see every day which have both male and female items in.... Why should they think anything of it?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

In Search of Sunrise WildLotus29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlintgsd View Post
    If your worried about it or shy, and staying at a hotel at the other end of the plane ride you could just ship your stuff ahead via Fedex or UPS (What can Brown do for You!!!).
    I would do this. Ship your stuff to your destination ahead of time via FedEx or UPS. This allows you to insure it and if it's lost you can get some financial reimbursement. Good luck getting that done with an airline if they lose your things. Also, TSA is bad for stealing things from baggage checks.

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Sandy...Pack just as you would with any other clothing..Keep it from wrinkling and messed up...Ok..I know that's a given...But here's one of my past experiences...A few years ago I used to take bi yearly vacations to Richmond Virginia..( lovely place )..And that was my time to let Kendra "be" basically 24/7 ...Ok..."He" had an overnight bag with a couple pair of jeans, a couple of shirts, and some underwear as well as toiletries ( male and female ) as carry on...Mean while, Kendra..had two ( yes that's 2 large suitcases full of "her" things..) On a side note..I'll never complain about a woman packing enough for a year's trip when she's only staying a few days.. Ok, no problem...Check in at the curb and since I already had my boarding pass...I went right through security..Now...I was flying into Dulles airport...Mind you this was "pre-911" so security wasn't all that strict...But on my trip coming back...no checking in at the curb...Ticket counter for me...Again..No problem...UNTIL, they pulled my bags for a "random"...Still ok...They pulled me and my bags aside...and proceeded to send my bags through this "new" x ray machine...Only it didn't look "through" things...it actually saw what was in the bags...Ok...I was getting a little nervous ...She manipulated the image...Rotating it and looking from all different angles...Then she came upon these "Two gelatneous blobs" in my bag.... Yep...My forms...She lingered and maniplated the image trying to figure out if they were of any danger...( not to her, but I was about to have a heart attack )..Short of it..She sent me through and nothing happened ( except nerves being frazzled )...All you can do is pack like any other person and TRY not to be nervous...Cause they are watching you as well as looking at your bags..If they ask you about anything in the bag...Remember..it may not be as embarassing to tell them "They are my clothes" then the possible hassles that may arrise if you lie about the clothes in there and have to explain in the security office...And as a post script to this event..My friend Emmy...was standing there next to me about to bust up laughing while this was going on..."Yeah I love you too Em"..
    Of course you can do like Kimberly Tx does...Fly enfemme...Goodness I'm sooooo jealous of her...
    [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

A while back my mom flew to England from Canada, and on the way back, she got stopped at security when they scanned her bag. They didn't want to let her on the plane. Know why?

She had a curling iron, that they thought was a dis-assembled firearm. Seriously.

Anyway, a very good point was made, they check bags all day and see clothes with men's and women's stuff in it all the time, like on a family vacation. Just be careful if you bring a firearm...I mean curling iron.

Wow! Thanks for all the replies ladies. Great advice, I feel alot more comfortable now. I'll pack like I would for a road trip, hope for the best, and just be me.

Big hugs to you all!

SandyR

whatever you do, do NOT let a guitar, or any other serious instrument, be taken from your possession.

I'm pretty sure that the baggage handlers see them as lawn darts.

paging TXKimberly!!! TXKimberly, please report to this post!!

going with "those unmentionables"

my, what I have seen in those bags.... Guess what? Those that do this job of going through stuff have seen it all. By knowledge, they don't care what you have packed, as long as it is within the guidelines of what is permitted on board. Had an interesting conversation with a crossdresser the other day. Here is the story. If a person shows up looking different than his/her drivers liscense or passport depicts, a closer look may be needed. People grow beards, shave, color hair, lose weight, gain weight, etc...Worse case scenario is an additional look at you and your items. If you are presented as a female and need a further look, you will be looked at by a female in most cases. Just be yourself and all will be well, look real nervous and you may just get that additional look. Don't sweat the small stuff. You paid for your ticket and will/should be treated respectfully.

For carryon bags: all liquid, gels and aerosols must be 3.4 oz or smaller, no more than what can fit in a 1 qt baggie, limit 1 qt bag. Has to be removed from your carryon and sent seperately through x-ray. ie: shampoo, toothpaste, liquid makeup, nail polish, lip gloss, perfume. (unlimited in checked baggage) No drinks through the area, its a liquid.
    If you have a laptop or lg electronic (PS2, Wii, DVD player) take it out of its bag/case and send it seperately through x-ray.
    Remove all metal: belt buckle, large metal jewelry (earrings, bracelets, necklaces) money clips. bobby pins can set those things off.....
    Do what you can not to draw attention to yourself and all will be well. I hope that this helped.....
    So Jill

I fly all the time for work. I always carry on my suitcase (since my trips are short) and my clothes are always mixed. No comments even when the Canadian Customs officer hand inspected my clothing items one at a time.

I flew in femme for Be-All back in May and, even though it was a week, I ended up packing two weeks worth of clothes. You can read all about it if you go to this link Be-All: Chicago.
    98% of what I packed was femme clothes and I checked-in a big suitcase and a garment bag.
    I wasn't worried about anything since the baggage screeners don't know me.
    It was a piece of cake.
    Like what Kendra said, pack as you would normally do and don't make a big deal out of it.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Yeah... bring two suitcases... and be prepared to pay extra for being overweight on both... I always am... ohhh and throw in a couple male things too, just incase!!! hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Only one important comment. If you are bringing breast forms pack in there original box or a proper carrying case. Other wise just pack the TSA or other staff do not care. And besides they make a mess of it anyway. Often they just stuff things back in which is the reason to have forms in a proper container. I actually have found the packing bags work well. The ones you either suck or squeeze the air out of. I have yet to have one of them broken open.
    Last edited by KimberlyS; 08-14-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I had just glanced at one of the Transmasculine postings, so when I read the title of this thread, "packing for flying" had a very different meaning!

Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    I had just glanced at one of the Transmasculine postings, so when I read the title of this thread, "packing for flying" had a very different meaning!

Touche, T-L

I don't see why packing anything would be a big deal to baggage handlers and airlines, as long as it's legal. You know, no weapons, explosives, etc. It's nobody's business what you have in your suitcase and whether it's yours or someone else's clothes. I have a friend who had to fly back from North Africa (conservative muslim territory) with his wife's clothes in his suitcase - nobody cared. I have another friend (male) who, though not a crossdresser, wears makeup (though not noticeably) and travels with it in carryon bags. He's had these bags opened and the items examined publicy, and nobody bats an eye. In fact, he's happy to volunteer, "oh that's just my mascara".

So what's the big deal?
    Last edited by CaptLex; 07-31-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Your bag was opened for TSA inspection."

My wife and I flew to Puerto Rico for a week and packed ... lets see...

- Latex outfits in large and smaller sizes
    - Breast forms
    - 5 different sized vibrators and D****'s
    - Straps and hooks
    - Several tubes of lube
    - Nasty leather bustiers and such...

The TSA wrapped a nice little sticker around the handle to tell up that they had opened and searched that bag

I can only imagine that it made a remarkable Xray image and required closer evaluation

Really, the only thing you need worry about is weight and number of checked bags, as either could result in increased cost. If not worried about cost, no worries.

To reduce weight and luggage space, always pack with mix and match in mind. One can get quite a number of ensembles out of a just a few mix&match items.

I always include two copies of my flight info in each bag. One loose copy in a zip-lock bag on top, and one secured to the luggage in a zip-lock bag.

So far, no luggage lost.
    DonnaT

Once i let my wife pack all her clothes in first and just left mine in a pile to pack latter, unknown to me her sister came around and said that she would help and pack my clothes to save my wife doing it , my wife had completely forgotten that i only wear fem undies, her sister did not mention anything about it

so i would not worry to much about it as i am sure they have seen it all before.

joanne

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I remember the first cruise I took. The couple in front of me were newlyweds. They were taken aside after the X-ray of their carry-on revealed HANDCUFFS!

What a way to start your marriage!
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

We are north of Atlanta Ga. Nice house in the woods.

guy cloths

My biggest problem packing is leaving room for some guy cloths.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wife likes to wear my cloths

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    American Express, don't leave home without it! Just pack as you normally would, I"m sure TSA has seen it all, just don't take something you're not supposed to. My SO and I just got back from a SCUBA diving trip and flew to Ft. Lauderdale. You can always tell divers, we each have a big, 49.5 pound rolling suitcase each with 3 grand worth of diving gear and huge, but legal size carry ons. If you check more that one bag or if a bag is over 50 pounds, you'll have to pay extra. At least they inspect the bags behind the scenes now and not in plain sight of everyone! I'm sure things will be just fine.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I've flown a lot with femme things. The only thing I usually don't take along is my forms I'm worried about how they may show up on the scanner and flagged as a problem.

Other than that, I've never had a problem with my carry on bag stuffed with lingere, pantyhose, makeup, jewelry, shoes and a nightgown. The bag has been opened several times for inspection, but the only consequence has been the one time the inspector took my lacy nightgown out of the bag and set it aside on the table so he could get to the things below it. I'm glad I wasn't traveling with work mates THAT day!

I'm flying again next week, but won't have any time to dress at my destination but I'll still be packing some basics (panties, bras, nightgown, some hose) in with my 'guy' stuff.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Ok,

So hear is what I am hearing. Pack 2 bags......pay for it, its worth it! Put your breast forms in bags. Try to control the wrinkles. But most of all have fun!

Thanks for the wonderful advice, I do appreciate it!

Will be sure to post pics from the trip latter this month.

Hugs!

Sandy