Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: broke student can't afford tri-ess, cheaper option?

Ivy
    I was in Tri-Ess in Charlotte for awhile. Yes, it was primarily for hetero CD's, but we had trans girls and bi girls come as well. A few people in the club had some problems with that, but I was happy to see our club grow every month. "Does not encourage or permit alcohol"? That was never once stated to me, we always had a glass before the meeting and usually went to a bar afterwards. As long as no one was trying to "hook up" during the meetings, not much was said. Some of the TS gals did not feel comfortable being at the meeting because of a few people, so they would show up at the restaurant or bar we went to after the meeting and that was that. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gagirl1 View Post
    my school has a LGBT club, but it is very small and i don't think it is accepting of crossdressers. lots of gay people where i live, but not nearly as many crossdressers (as far as i know).
    the T stands for transgendered, and most crossdressers are transgendered, so you have every right to join, or at least see what it's all about.
    DonnaT

Crazy Lady
    As far as LGBT clubs at school, I cannot say, but at where I work, with about 5000 employees at the site, we are starting up a PRIDE Affinity group (been heck getting the bylaws approved) and of about 7 GLBTs, I am the token "T" so far, but hoping to find others. The funny thing (or nice thing) is that women that wouldn't give me the time of day as a man, are actually friendly and smile at me because I am T, (a CDer).

Dallas Tri-ess

We are much the same in the Dallas/Ft Worth Chapter. We actually meet monthly with another group that has more gay/lesbian/ts people than crossdressers. We have several members that are bi/gay. As long as they obey the protocols and behave, we are not concerned with their "outside" activities. But we do want to provide a setting where wives of our hetero crossdressers will feel comfortable and not be concerned about what happens when they are not there. Simple cuteousness is all that is required. And I know that we would find a way to help someone out financially. All of us have been there before!.

Hugs

Nicole