Thread: Don’t Wear a Bra to bed !

Don’t Wear a Bra to bed !

I woke up this morning as normal and the first thing I do is put on my bra.

I have attachable forms and they are attached with Super 77 every time.

I sleep braless it’s a lot better than wearing a bra to bed that’s for sure.

I recently lost control of my left hand; I could not open/close or move it.

After a Neurosurgeon, MIR and Nerve speed test, that’s 1.5 hours of electro shock treatment, they have found no cause.

I know what happened, but have not tolled any one; I got a bit tipsy and when to sleep wearing my bra.

I had pinched the Radial Never, this goes under the arm and can be pinched by hanging your arm over the back of a chair as there are some very small area’s under the arm where it is located.

The good news is it has healed it self and every thing is working fine now, but a word of warning, if you want to sleep with breast do, but don’t wear a bra to bed unless you have to!!.

Now I always take my bra off before bed, I’ve learned the hard way.

I’m passing this on as a warning to all the GG’s and CD'ers, bra’s are for breast it you have them, wear a bra daytime, if you don’t get some but do not sleep in your bra!!

Hugs all

Judyk
    Founder and 1st President
    Gender Mosaic Ottawa

Thanks for the heads up on that Judy. I;d like to sak how do you clean up the Super 77 hun.
    Angie

I always sleep with a Bra on. I do know what you mean about your arm going to sleep when over the top of your head and off the bed. When it happens I have to pick my arm up with my other arm and bring it back down to where it will get blood again.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judyk View Post
    I got a bit tipsy and when to sleep wearing my bra.

I had pinched the Radial Never, this goes under the arm and can be pinched by hanging your arm over the back of a chair as there are some very small area’s under the arm where it is located.

The good news is it has healed it self and every thing is working fine now,
    Thanks for the info. It sounds important so I'd like to understand this better. If the radial nerve goes under the arm, how do you feel the bra (which goes over the shoulder) caused this?

BTW How long did recovery take?

Gen

Stop using the 77!!!

I just found the MSDS Safety sheet for 3m Super 77

STOP USING IT!!!

One of the side effects from prolonged skin contact is numbness and neuropathy...this is probably what caused you to lose feeling...

Also causes central nervour system depression, and liver and kidney damage!

Lost Control

Hi

Anaig G

I use Low Odour Varsol, just wet a cotton ball and place it behind at the top of the forms, leave your bra on and in 10 minutes your forms will just fall off.

Amy Wannabe
    Jenifer Tel

It was a bit small and I think it crawled up under my arm pit while I was sleeping.

I was able to get 40% movement back in 5 hours or so but the numbness’ on my thumb and finger took a week to go way.

Hugs

Judyk.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    I just found the MSDS Safety sheet for 3m Super 77

STOP USING IT!!!

One of the side effects from prolonged skin contact is numbness and neuropathy...this is probably what caused you to lose feeling...

Also causes central nervour system depression, and liver and kidney damage!
    I don't understand why people don't just use Hollisters 7730? Yeah it is a bit expensive but is anything too much to pay for our health? The forms will probably last longer too.

Gen

Red face

When I was in high school that use to happen to me all the time,but I wasn't wearing a bra at the time don't know what caused it so I don't think it was because you were wearing a bra to sleep. I sleep with mybra and forms all the time and never had that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I don't understand why people don't just use Hollisters 7730? Gen
    I tried Hollisters 7730 once and what a mess. I used the Hollisters remover and it was difficult getting the 7730 off the forms and myself and my chest was sticky and red for a couple of days and also my forms are still tacky 2 years later. The forms did stay in place. Any idea about I might have done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lee View Post
    I tried Hollisters 7730 once and what a mess. I used the Hollisters remover and it was difficult getting the 7730 off the forms and myself and my chest was sticky and red for a couple of days and also my forms are still tacky 2 years later. The forms did stay in place. Any idea about I might have done wrong.

I have used 7730 for 6 years and had great results. I even leave the glue on the forms for 6 to 10 uses (adding a fresh coat each time). I have never used the hollisters remover. I use Goo Gone. I imagine it is similar but I can't be certain. It takes patience to clean the forms but it all comes off every time.

My typical pattern is spray / soak / scrub/ repeat. Usually let it sit about 15 min each time and scrubbing is done lightly with an old tooth brush. What the scubbing actually does is mix the fresh goo gone liquid into the mush (of dissolved glue) that is collecting on the forms. After I feel I have scrubbed though all the glue I wipe with paper towel pushing the remaining glue towards the edge and off the form. If any glue remains, another spray of goo gone will get it. Then I use dawn dish detergent to clean the goo gone residue.

As for why yours were so sticky, how much did you put on? did you let it dry a little first? I never press hard on the nozzle of the 7730 can. I press only enough to get a light spray pattern to come out. I spray the back of the form till it has a complete even coat. After this, I wait about 3-4 minutes until the glue is tacky but no longer wet to touch. (duiring this time i put my bra on but keep it low and out of the way) Then I apply the forms and slide my bra up into place while holding the froms with the other hand.

Not sure about the rash. Maybe I've had some but never enough to cause concern. No one to hide it from. Any hairs in the area? Were you sweating alot? Goo Gone can also get remaining glue off your chest.

Hope this helps.

Gen

I've worn my bra to bed many times including last night. Never have had the slightest problem.

Glad that you're better, but I've never heard of anyting like that happening. Were you perhaps wearing a really tight bra?

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I have woke up with a "dead arm" a few times all due to the way I slept. kind of scarey and totally weird
    Drumming, My other hobby

After a Neurosurgeon, MIR and Nerve speed test, that’s 1.5 hours of electro shock treatment, they have found no cause.

I know what happened, but have not tolled any one; I got a bit tipsy and when to sleep wearing my bra.

The good news is it has healed it self and every thing is working fine now, but a word of warning, if you want to sleep with breast do, but don’t wear a bra to bed unless you have to!!.

I’m passing this on as a warning to all the GG’s and CD'ers, bra’s are for breast it you have them, wear a bra daytime, if you don’t get some but do not sleep in your bra!!

Hugs all

Judyk
    Gender Mosaic Ottawa
    Yes Judy, you have what is called a high radial nerve injury, which is caused by compression on the nerve for a period of time. This condition will cause a wrist drop and the inability to supinate the hand ( turn the palm up). Fortunately, the radial nerve will regenerate. The book says that a nerve will regenerate about 1" a month. So, if your compression was about 18" up the arm, you can do the math. This may require a wrist cockup splint to be worn on the hand during recovery so you don't get a muscle contraction in the dropped position. You will also have to range the wrist joint in all directions daily to preclude contractures.

This condition is also known in the medical rehab field as "honeymoon palsy" or "drunk's palsy". The honeymoon palsy occurs when the bride and groom fall asleep with the bride's head resting right on the grooms shoulder and not moving all night. The drunk's palsy is when a person is dead drunk, falls asleep with the head cocked over with pressure on the radial nerve on the shoulder.

I did a career in physical rehab and have worked with quite a few of radial nerve injuries.

Jodi

Thank you

Hi Jodi

That was more useful information than I have from any of the 3 doctors I have seen since this happened.

Thank You

You’re a doll !!

Hugs

Judyk

Smile info

Hi Jodi

That was more useful information than I have from any of the 3 doctors I have seen since this happened.

Thank You

You’re a doll !!

Hugs

Judyk
    Once again this forum shows how wide ranging our members reach. This is great information.Hope all is well with you Judy.

Silver Member
    I wear a bra to bed all the time and have never had anything like that happen to me. I used Holister 7730 glue one time and got a very severe chemical burn from it. I will not use it again.

This condition is also known in the medical rehab field as "honeymoon palsy" or "drunk's palsy". The honeymoon palsy occurs when the bride and groom fall asleep with the bride's head resting right on the grooms shoulder and not moving all night. The drunk's palsy is when a person is dead drunk, falls asleep with the head cocked over with pressure on the radial nerve on the shoulder.

known in UK as 'Saturday night palsy' in the days I learned medicine. In those days one couldn't afford to get drunk every night of the week like kids can now

I too wear a bra to bed every night(with forms) and never have had this happen to me. I guess its the way someone would sleep!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Thumbs down Industrial solvents

Girls for crying out loud STOP using industrial solvents on your skin!!!!

3M 77 or any other industrial solvent based adhesive contain lethal chemicals which can be and are absorbed through the skin with devasting and PERMANENT damage to nerves and skin!!! They are not designed for skin use and can in fact cause neuropathy and that can develop further into what is called polyneuropathy.

Polyneuropathy affects nerves all over the body and can also affect the Vagus nerve which is the nerve bundle controlling the digestive tract. This damaging effect can cause a permanent disruption of the motility (movement) of the gastric tract resulting in constipation, diarrhea, reduced absorption of nutrients, incontinence nd a host of other issues. Other nerve damage may include loss of motor control, tremors or loss of sensation.

In addition, the outer layer of skin as well as sub-cutaneous layers can be severely damaged by the adhesive and the solvents used to remove the adhesive.

There is also the inhalation hazard during application and removal. Spray or aerosol adhesives produce a cloud of very fine globules of the chemical that can easily be inhaled or drift into the eyes. What it does to your skin is nothing compared to what it does to mucous membranes.

There are skin-safe adhesives out there specifically made to be safe and non damaging to the skin.

Using industrial adhesives for artificial breasts is about as sensible as using automotive silicone for pumping your lips and cheeks. It has been done hundreds of times with horrific results including death (frequent) but because the word SILICONE is in the product name many uneducated people think silicone is silicone. They do not understand that the adhesive silicone is NOT medical grade silicone and that even medical grade silicone must be encapsulated under the skin or it hardens and migrates throughout the body causing horrific damage.

Please , please, PLEASE girls, as we say in the shop- USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!!!!

3M 77 and all the other industrial adhesives are for carpets, automotive, laminates etc NOT for boobs on delicate skin!!!!

Christine
    Last edited by Christinedreamer; 08-16-2008 at 05:29 AM.

sleep with bra

Hugs all

Judyk
    Gender Mosaic Ottawa
    I have 3 or 4 sports bras, I purchased them at WAL MARTafter my breast cancer operation, they are very comfortable and not binding and I sleep quite often with them on,they were recomended by the information sheet that is given before the operation, , I also ware them during the day, feels good when moving around and as the name implies , Charolette