Thread: Great Day of Shopping

Great Day of Shopping

Had the day off from work today, since I have not been shopping in months decided today was the day. I wore panties and cami under my usual drab attire. First store I hit was Kohls, look at a few items but could not get up the courage to try anything on. I did buy a new bra and three panties. Somewhat of a disappointing start. Next stop Dress Barn. I decided in the parking lot that if I was going in, I was going to try things on. Walked in and greeted by SA. As usual, she asked if I need help. My reply was I am looking for an outfit, may I just look around until I find something I like. I did not mention who the outfit was for. I picked out several tops, bottoms and dresses. I was carrying items around and putting them on the side of a rack to see what went with what. After a period of time the SA came over to see how I was doing. I asked her advice on a couple of the outfits. We discussed styles and color combinations, she did make a couple of recommendations of things I had over looked. After reviewing them, I asked if I could try them on. THe SA said "sure" and immediately opened a fitting room. As she was hanging things in the room, I said if there were any other outfits she would recommend, please grab them for me. As I was trying things on , she gave me another 5 outfits and a couple of pairs of shoes. She asked to see me in a couple of them, which I did. She commented on things that look good and things that did not fit quite right. I was truly treated like another customer. I made my selections and paid for them, slightly over $300.00. As I was leaving, I thanked her and asked her for her name. I have sent an email to Dress Barn Corporate praising her for her help. After that experience, my courage was really high so off to Macy's, Fashion Bug and Payless. Again, no problem trying things on.

In all it was a great day. I am sitting here in my new skirt suit enjoying the feeling and reliving the day.

It sounds like you had a great day out
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member
    Way to go! I wish I had the nerve to go through with that. Thanks for sharing, it gives me courage!

Shannen

Way to go Jamie!
    Glad you had a nice time shopping.
    The more you do it, the easier it gets.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Where is the pics of the outfits Jamie.
    Angie

Cha-ching!

Jamie, way to go! Especially for taking the time to recognize the SA in your follow up email.

Nice one Jamie, Im so close to the fitting room experience, you certainly give me more encouragement. I wouldve acknowledged the SA as well
    "Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, 'cause it's ok to be a boy. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, 'cause you think that being a girl is degrading. But secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl" ~ Madonna