View Poll Results: Where do you consider yourself on the male/female gender continuum?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • -5 (Totally male)

14 4.11%
  • -4 (Almost all male)

18 5.28%
  • -3 (Mostly male)

59 17.30%
  • -2 (Somewhat male)

28 8.21%
  • -1 (A tad male)

14 4.11%
  • 0 (Androygenous)

25 7.33%
  • +1 (A tad female)

31 9.09%
  • +2 (Somewhat female)

71 20.82%
  • +3 (Mostly female)

48 14.08%
  • +4 (Almost all female)

24 7.04%
  • +5 (Totally female)

9 2.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are you on the continuum?

I tend to move up and down this scale depending on how I feel at any given time.
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

UNPASSABLE
    voted 1 total male just love to dress femaleRoberta

I'm a guy who sometimes wishes to be a girl and sometimes sometimes becomes most of the time.

I feel more like a girl when I'm in my dresses and more like a guy when I'm in my suit and tie.

I have the best of both worlds!

emmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    I hear you, I very much know that folks are wired differently, but you're not understanding my point. It's just that being a member and active participant in a MtF site, and identifying 100% as "male" (hence a -5 rating), is an oxymoron, IMO.
    I am understanding you - but why should you be able to say that someone shouldn't be a member here who thinks of themselves as very male, yet finds they need to wear female items of clothing? Surely that then defines them as a crossdresser?

I dislike the concept of you implying 'you have no place here', even though I disagree (like Deja) with the premise of the poll. I don't think it's that simple.

And - why shouldn't some of the F2Ms have voted on the poll, even though it's in the M2F sub-forum? M2Fs here seem to take great delight in voting on polls in the Transmasculine forum, even when they're clearly marked as F2M ONLY..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    And - why shouldn't some of the F2Ms have voted on the poll, even though it's in the M2F sub-forum? M2Fs here seem to take great delight in voting on polls in the Transmasculine forum, even when they're clearly marked as F2M ONLY..
    There is NO reason a FTM can't vote, the thread/poll might be posted in the MTF, but it ISN'T stated that the OP only wanted MTF's to post/vote.

Sedona, we have males on this forum, who are FTM, they identify fully as men, what's so hard to understand about that? This section isn't just for MTF members, this section is to 'discuss' MTF CD'ing and unless stated, anyone can post, reply, vote etc in here. This section isn't limited to members, it is a discussion section, there's a huge difference... ain't rocket science is it

Oh.. and I voted... +5
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    There is NO reason a FTM can't vote, the thread/poll might be posted in the MTF, but it ISN'T stated that the OP only wanted MTF's to post/vote.

Sedona, we have males on this forum, who are FTM, they identify fully as men, what's so hard to understand about that? This section isn't just for MTF members, this section is to 'discuss' MTF CD'ing and unless stated, anyone can post, reply, vote etc in here. This section isn't limited to members, it is a discussion section, there's a huge difference... ain't rocket science is it
    Voted...

I voted zero!

I feel I'm neither and both. If I had to choose on either side it would be a -3 and a +3. This is because depending on either presentment I'm not a stereotypical male or female.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

+3 - I'm mostly female, with a few male traits.

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post

Oh.. and I voted... +5
    I'm thinking some people need to go and see this thread.

Oh, and I happen to be one of those impossible -5. Because I AM a man, and what's more, I don't feel particularly feminine.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Understood. I suppose that many of us have a lot of reasons for our own personal definitions, even if it might not make complete sense at times.

Cheers,
    You expect any of this to make sense?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I like to live in the moment so it varies.

I am a full time crossdresser and would consider myself a +5 but since I still like to do stuff like playing videogames, fart and sometimes I unknowingly place my hand at the pee-pee, so it's a +4

Im extremely effiminate as well =P

Wow, sorry folks, didn't mean to get Tamara involved.

Point taken about FtMs participating in this thread. Bad assumption on my part. But, I still stand by my original idea (assuming only MtF participation in this poll of course).

Just for the sake of discussion, maybe some of our FtM members can take this on. Would a FtM who would vote as a +5 (a woman who identifies completely and 100% as a GG) make any sense, on any level? If so, please explain.

Before everyone starts hating, I've been around these parts for a while now, and should get the benefit of the doubt. Something else that's important to keep in mind: I did my undergrad (and some graduate work) in biology, and am very scientifically wired. I am not saying that because I think I know more than anybody else, I bring that up because context helps, and because of my background, I come at the subject from a scientific Xs and Os viewpoint first, and an emotional/psychological viewpoint second.
    Last edited by Sedona; 08-08-2008 at 04:02 AM.
    -Sedona

Wow, sorry folks, didn't mean to get Tamara involved.

Point taken about FtMs participating in this thread. Bad assumption on my part. But, I still stand by my original idea (assuming only MtF participation in this poll of course).

Just for the sake of discussion, maybe some of our FtM members can take this on. Would a FtM who would vote as a +5 (a woman who identifies completely and 100% as a GG) make any sense, on any level? If so, please explain.
    Why are you sorry I got involved? I am also a member ya know....

You can't stand by your original idea, the poll isn't just for MTF's, if it was, then yes, the poll would be rather silly.

As for your question to the FTM's, I really doubt ANY of them would vote that, the majority aren't CD's, they are Transsexual...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Physically, -5 and then some :'(

I wish I was a lot closer to 0

Tamara, just kidding on the first point. I always like it when you get into the discussion.

About the stuff I've brought up, I think we're all really on the same page. It's just a matter of semantics.
    -Sedona

I gave myself a -3. I got one point for the occasional desire to put on a dress and one point for having a personality most would consider more feminine (sensitive, empathetic, don't like sports, etc.).
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    This is a hard one I would say depending on how I am dressed when dressed I do not feel like a male I feel female.

Sorry, can't answer that 'cause I don't identify that way (I'm in the -4 category), but I'm sure they do exist. It's a big, wide world full of all possibilities and no two of us are exactly the same.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only

The Best Of Both Worlds.

I feel and know that I was androygenous, I love the fact that I can pick who I want to be and how I will live that day.

LA CINDY LOVE

I voted +5, love being just whom I am.
    Doll

I had to vote 0. I'm +5 and -5 at the same time. It's all in what you let show.

+1

I'm going to vote +1 but I may be closer to a +2. If people looked really close I think they would notice.
    Keely

One of the Reds

cant it vary on how you feel? maybe more female at times. maybe more male at times.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I answered 2. I look at myself in 2 different ways. Slightly male with a very large femme side. Or slightly female with a very large male side.