View Poll Results: Where do you consider yourself on the male/female gender continuum?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • -5 (Totally male)

14 4.11%
  • -4 (Almost all male)

18 5.28%
  • -3 (Mostly male)

59 17.30%
  • -2 (Somewhat male)

28 8.21%
  • -1 (A tad male)

14 4.11%
  • 0 (Androygenous)

25 7.33%
  • +1 (A tad female)

31 9.09%
  • +2 (Somewhat female)

71 20.82%
  • +3 (Mostly female)

48 14.08%
  • +4 (Almost all female)

24 7.04%
  • +5 (Totally female)

9 2.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you on the continuum?

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar

Where are you on the continuum?

A simple poll (I hope).

Assume a scale of -5 (Totally male) to +5 (Totally female). Where would you place yourself right now.

Toodles!
    Byllie
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Right now......I,m -4..Almost all male, but i did reach +4 almost all female until recently!!
    I guess things change and some of us wander closer and further away over time!!

More Female than male
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Totally female.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm not sure how to vote because actually I consider myself a -3 mostly male and a +2 somewhat female at the same time.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Gold Member

-3 (Mostly male)

I feel female when I'm on this site a couple of hours of the day

In Search of Sunrise WildLotus29's Avatar
    I feel as if I'm equally both. My mind can go from completely male to completely female in a split second.

I voted +3 mostly female.

Platinum Member
    lol not male and not female but a rather confusing mix of just me ..... i went through a phase were i needed to be all male then i thought i needed to be as female as i could ..... now being me is enough.............and that's not on your list.........

A -4 seems to fit well.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I'm not androgynous, but some of both at the same time?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I'm a +3.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I said +2 fem, however, like most here, if you do this poll in 6 months the number might be differnt. I notice mine urges wax and wane
    Drumming, My other hobby

Banned Read only
    I can't vote, because I waver between several states.

I am not sure how to vote on that one. For the most part if I haven't played with at least five different power tools, then I wasted my weekend. I take great pride and enjoyment on my "manly" hobbies. But despite concetration on the project at hand, there is a small piece of my mind asking which dress am I going to wear after this is done. I'm in the mood to wear a particular pair of shoes, but I don't want to wear the dress that goes with them. The dress I do want to wear I have cute matching shoes for but I want something with a higher heel. I'm probly better off getting rid of those shoes and finding a similar colored pair with a higher heel. In fact I could use a couple more tops and one or two more skirts so I can mix and match and not be stuck with the full dress and and fixed color scheme. And on and on I go. Then when I finally do get dressed up to relax and lounge, I have to make deliberate effort to ignore the calouses on my hands and protruding blood viens on my arms 'cause that just ruins the mode for me, but I still feel good. Not feminine, just good. Maybe a little feminine, but definitly good. I'm not sure how to vote on that one.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

After further review ...

I voted a +2, but should have rounded off a +1.357 to a +1.
    Since a work in a predominantly male world, I keep appropriate outward appearences up. What a pity.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    -2 and +4. Both. Though not both at the same time. I can be +4 and then the phone rings and I'm back to -2 in a flash.

***Jenna Lynne***

i'm mostly androgynous in the way i think, speak ect. i have a lot of girly traits, a few boyish traits (running jumping climbing trees) but i want to come at androgyny from the other side. so really its a 0.+4.-2, like 3d battleships. and i'm the dingy. so i missed

Banned Read only cd_britney_426's Avatar
    I would say I am a -2. I have crossdressed quite a few times now and really enjoy it but the majority of my life is dressed as a male. In terms of internal feelings, I have an interesting mix of both genders. I listen to a lot of more feminine music and a lot of time when I "hear" myself think about stuff, I "hear" it as a female instead of a male. A lot of times my general gestures, smiles, and other body language will appear fairly feminine but then on the other hand the way I overall conduct myself is in a more masculine way. I would assume that most occasional crossdressers who are genetic males are going to be between 0 and -5 on the scale and that most full time crossdressers and transsexuals will of course be 0 to 5. Interesting poll, here. Britney

I selected mostly all male and if you saw me in a dress you would probably agree. Mostly male but I dearly love my femanine side.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

On the continuum

In the wee small hours of this morning I was feeling quite feminine wearing my black lingerie and a strapless bra in bed.But as I began dreaming and drifting in and out of sleep I felt that what I was doing was probably not that feminine as most GGs would not go to bed with a bra on ? It did start to feel quite tight and it leaves me with bra marks in the morning but I still love the feel of it on and felt that the excitement is so exhilarating that I dreamt of what it would be like to just be a woman all the time.When it came time to work it was off I go dressed in drab .I voted a tad female because of what I desire rather than what I can pass as or what everyone else sees me as.

Nightdreaming,Pattie O
    Last edited by Pattie O; 08-04-2008 at 12:50 AM.

I put a -3. A -2 might have been a possibility, but settled on the -3. I kind of defined the scale in these terms:

A -5 is just your regular straight/non girly guy out in public, who doesn't CD, and hasn't had the thought to. In fact, I don't believe that anybody participating in these forums, could have a -5 rating.

A 0, androgynous, rating to me would mean that one wears girl clothes and styles interchangeably with guy ones. Maybe they have plucked eyebrows, and wear a cute skirt, but also have on a suit shirt and tie with penny loafers. Ok, bad visual, but you get the idea. Routinely shave/wax half of the body (say chest, back and pits), but leave the rest.

A +5 would mean all girly, all the time.

What's your definition?
    -Sedona

+2.5 or +2.8 would be more accurate for me

Banned Read only
    Grrr! I hate this insistence on a "continuum".

There is no 2 dimensional sliding scale of sexuality in my mind.

A continuum implies a transition from "pure" male to "pure" female, a yes or no and shades of gray in between.

It's just not like that for me, and I don't feel I fit anywhere in an either/or world.

I tried to explain a 3 dimensional concept of sexuality many months ago,and quite honestly, I'm too lazy to go look for that post. It seemed to be ignored anyway,so I'll just give up on trying to push another hazily worded argument in that direction.

We don't live in a 2 dimensional world, we live in a much more complicated world than that. And trying to make us squeeze the incredible complexity of sexuality into a formula like that does a great disservice to our souls. There's a great disconnect somewhere in trying to fit a spiritual feeling into a rational theory.

Somebody here a while ago said that she was a square peg in a round world. Why do I feel like a 5 sided peg in a world made of cubes?

Former Member
    I answered -4. I am almost totally male, and feel almost totally male and present myself as totally male. My hobbies would all be considered "male" hobbies. I just have a feminine side that needs to be expressed occasionally.