Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why some GGs don't wear a dress

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar

Why some GGs don't wear a dress

At a party last night (crossdressers and friends thereof), I caught part of a conversation. The host was remarking to one of the GG guests that the host had not often seen the guest in a dress; she was wearing one yesterday evening. The GG (a lovely young black woman apparently from northern Africa), replied that when she was young, her family had often made her wear a dress even though she didn't want to, and that now that she was in Canada and had a choice about what to wear, she usually preferred not to wear a dress.

(I hadn't met her before, so I don't know what her more usual attire is: jeans like the friend she was with seems most plausible.)

Yes, I am one of the people who enjoys seeing dresses and skirts on women, and Yes, I do have some share of the disappointment that several people have expressed that relatively few women are opting for such clothing these days -- but hearing of circumstances like this helps keep fresh in one's mind why freedom of expression in clothing is important.

It really is a shame more GGs don't wear dresses, most don't unless they are going somewhere, like to work or out for the night.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

OMG I am Headless!
    I think it's great when women dont wear dresses skirts etc... I dont mind a boyish lady and think it's great

I simply wish it was possible for m2fers to come out the same way.

not that it matters. it would probably make crossdressing less special for M2Fs so I guess it is good that it isnt a 2 way street

I too like to see GGs in a dress, however GGs have the right to wear pants whether they are womens pants or mens pants, I dont think it is a shame GGs dont wear dresses because then it might be considered a shame that GMs does not wear pants. I am happy that we can wear dresses and the GGs can wear pants if they so choose to. I had GGs tell me the reason they dont wear dresses is because they dont like when the wind blows their skirts up and men trying to look up there skirts, those kind of things make them uncomfortable when wearing a dress.
    Let the GGs have there freedom to wear pants, and I like the freedom to wear dresses, it is a two way street for everybody involved.

Gold Member
    Oh I think they wear them when they want and have the place to, I mean why all ways wear one? It's not the old days when thats all they wore, they now have rights and do things now a days that being in a skirt or dress just makes no sense.

After a while, you may discover you often feel safer out, wearing pants, just like many genetic women do..

Plus, IME, pants can often be significantly cooler than skirts and hosiery?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Call me crazy, but I think more women ARE wearing skirts and dresses in the last few years. I see a lot of young ladies out and about in cute sun dresses that I wish like hell I could wear.
    I dunno, maybe women shied away from the skirts and dresses a bit in the feminists movement but now some are coming back to them for the same reasons we like them - their cute and comfy and pretty!

This GG wears them around the house, it is cooler than pants. Cold weather it is pants most of the time. I had to wear them all the time as a child, so I do not wear them all the time now.
    In pants or a dress I'm still the same girl.
    Brenda

I find wearing dresses is cooler than wearing pants even with leggs shear energy hosery. I like seeing GGs in pants also because it makes their buts look sooo cute.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    After a while, you may discover you often feel safer out, wearing pants, just like many genetic women do..

Must be why we don't see hosiery on women that much any more?

OMG I am Headless!
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think more women ARE wearing skirts and dresses in the last few years. I see a lot of young ladies out and about in cute sun dresses that I wish like hell I could wear.
    I dunno, maybe women shied away from the skirts and dresses a bit in the feminists movement but now some are coming back to them for the same reasons we like them - their cute and comfy and pretty!
    hi crazy im kayla sorry had to

I agree... skirts and dresses are in and have been for a few years now fashion wise... not that tomboyism is out, but more that it isnt so exclusive any more... I looooove fashion and I am always happy with what direction it is going... I think all those people who decide what is going to come next do a good job of figuring out what we all want to come next

Quote Originally Posted by vivianann View Post
    I find wearing dresses is cooler than wearing pants even with leggs shear energy hosery. I like seeing GGs in pants also because it makes their buts look sooo cute.
    without a doubt, proper jeans are the best for a booty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    Must be why we don't see hosiery on women that much any more?
    perhaps... although I personally prefer a nude leg. on myself and on other women I think it just seems softer and more provocative

I have a gg friend that works at a high end womens clothing store. She told me that they have sold more dresses and skirts this spring and summer that they had sold in the prior 3 years combined. Yes, skirts and dresses must be in right now.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Michaela View Post
    I think it's great when women dont wear dresses skirts etc... I dont mind a boyish lady and think it's great

I simply wish it was possible for m2fers to come out the same way.

not that it matters. it would probably make crossdressing less special for M2Fs so I guess it is good that it isnt a 2 way street
    I've never considered a woman wearing pants "boyish". A woman is still sexy and feminine in a pair of jeans, a feat none of us can accomplish which is why I stick with dressses. And I think Vivianann is right. Jeans can accent a womans butt and thighs but a skirt or dress downplays that aspect of thier beauty. Even dress slacks don't show off that part of a woman the way jeans do.

There was a couple comments about hose. I love them. I love the way they feel on me, and I like the way they look on GG's. Especially contrast ensambles like white hose with red or black shoes. Hosery seems to highten the natural beauty of a womans legs. I would like to hear some GG's oipinions on wearing pantyhose as they don't seem to let ones legs breathe as well as they should.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post

Cooler in what sense of the word?

I agree with TxKimberly. Styles definitely moved towards the more feminine with all the cute little sun dresses this summer, and I think the trend will continue into fall with more body hugging sheath dresses. Think Audrey Hepburn.

I have taken to wearing more skirts since being with DH. If she can show off her legs, so can I! I also want to dress in a way that he finds appealing!
    Reine

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    this is true in Dallas, i asked a female co worker at the retail store I work ands she said that skirts and sun dresses are in this season, but not to offend anyone, I like whatever makes some look nice

OMG I am Headless!
    Quote Originally Posted by bah-bah-bobbie View Post
    A woman is still sexy and feminine in a pair of jeans, a feat none of us can accomplish which is why I stick with dressses.
    not exactly... back when I was in shape and wore jeans they often made my rear end look quite alright

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Think Audrey Hepburn.
    no need to suggest, I cant help but to think audrey hepburn I just love her ever so much!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've been traveling a little this year and it seems that in the downtown areas of some cities I see more women in skirts and dresses than in some others. Is it a regional thing? By the way, it seems that San Diego was the highest on the list and during the day and early evening in Las Vegas it was the lowest.

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I love seeing GG's in dresses too...I've chatted with a lot of them who have said "it's too much trouble" to wear a dress...stockings, or shaved legs, shoes and other accessories...it's much easier for them to pull on a nice fitted pair of jeans, a cami ( maybe with a cute blouse tied at the waist ) and slip on some sandals or maybe even a pair of sneaks...I for one feel like..If I'm going to be dressed as a woman, I'm going to wear a nice dress, or at least a skirt with a nice top...My "evil twin" always wears pants and I want to be as 180 degrees from him as I can...Besides...I love the feeling of a breeze on my legs ( espcially in the hot Summer like we are having now here in TX )... Don't get me wrong..there's nothing wrong with a GG in a nice pair of "Rockies" showing off her shape...Sometimes I wish I could wear Rockies..I may reconsider my feelings towards pants...[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

I agree with the original post that the reason so many women resist wearing dresses, skirts and hose is that they were FORCED to as young girls. My wife was forced to wear dresses and tights as a young girl and now hates them. I've heard many women tell the same story... being forced to 'dress up' in what they considered uncomfortable clothes when all THEY wanted to do was go outside and play, or even worse yet forced to wear school jumpers and tights every day of the year. No wonder the LAST thing they want to do when it is over is to ever wear a skirt again!

If you want to make somebody hate something (even something that has no real negative value in itself) all you have to do is force it upon them against their will often enough. Heck, you could probably even make me hate Ben and Jerry's ice cream if you MADE me eat it three times a day for a month!

My bet is that if girls were given equal access to skirts or pants but were never pressured to go either way, they wouldn't have this aversion to dressing up that many appear to have now.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

OMG I am Headless!
    las vegas is a hard one to judge because the culture is so different from area to area...

if you mean the strip then thats a matter of how far the tourists are wiling to go... if you mean henderson, summerlin, or the southwest that is pretty much subburb area and is only mildly following of the trends yet vegas burb fashion is always behind by at least a couple of years so you will prolly see the skirts really hit off there in tweny ten or eleven... if you mean the inner city or north east then there is a little more of a local feel and it really depends on how the neighborhood goes...

I have always said, my wife wears the pants it our family. Witch is fine by me, because I get to wear the dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    They'll wear a dress when they are trying to get your attention!

OMG I am Headless!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    They'll wear a dress when they are trying to get your attention!
    I cant blame em so do I!

Amazing Member
    Perhaps my great-great-great.....great grandfather complained in the late Roman Empire, that guys stopped wearing togas except to get married in or buried in. Of course college party animals did revive the toga for a while, for special celebrations. Maybe in a hundred years time, sororities will discover that a dress party, will be as much fun as a toga party.