Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What prevents u from fully transitioning?

I have often thought about the possibility of having a sexual re-orientation, as it's often called. I am still thinking about it, and during the time I recently had to present myself en femme, I thought about it even more.
    Family, job, social conventions--all have been factors in my choice to remain male. The monetary costs are not small either.
    One might ask or say, "Then you don't REALLY want to change." However, I would respond that, as with other choices in my life, this one would not be made in a vacuum. Many choices individuals make have effects on other people; individuals don't necessarily bear the burden of responsibility for other persons' response to the choices, but still those others may bear some of the consequences. For example, I have sometimes thought that it would be a great to live in a true wilderness. I have never done it long-term though that is what I said I wanted. However, my three children would not have had many very important educational and social experiences (ones that I had that led me to the wilderness idea) if they had been reared in the wilderness. I had to weigh one value against another, one desire against another.
    my career is almost over; my children are grown and on their own. Perhaps now is the time. It's still a hard decision.
    warmly, Linnea

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Though my wife has joked around with me having real boobs, the fact remains that she married a man who happens to enjoy dressing like a woman and I happen to be a man that likes, well, being a man at times.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Silver Member
    If I had been born 40 years later than I had been and had the finances I would have done it. I am 60 years old and think that it is too late in my life to consider this. Besides I now have acceppted being a cd and it is a life I enjoy. I easily cope with both of the people that live in my head.

Amazing Member
    When I think of transition, I would mean living as a woman full time, with a female identity, but not very likely having the (SRS) surgery. (I hate surgery, especially major surgery for one thing, and indeed find it scary.)

I do think about often, what keeps me from it is the life I have built with my wife. Our past, present and future that we've built with each other at this time and the respect for her keeps Sandra in check. If and I'm not wanting anything to happen to her does happen to her then I will be looking seriously into the SRS, however I'm not sure I would do the total change. The removal of certian parts and the development of certian upper parts would probably be the extent of my SRS.

Banned Read only
    My family and friends keep me tied up as a male.

There was a very recent movie that starred Michelle Pfeiffer as one of three sisters who are all witches. In the movie, she is able to completely transform a male farmhand into a beautiful girl in the blink of an eye by magic to aid her in a quest for a fallen star. The ability to immediately transform my body and clothes to female but stay who I am mentally and then immediately transform back to male would be so cool just so I could experience real female feelings with all real female parts. It's always been a tremendous curiosity of mine to experience life as a female so I could compare with my experiences of the same things as male. Fantasy is as close as I'll ever get.
    Lisa

I bet everybody's tought of it before. On the one hand, it would be fun. On the other, it would be expensive and make relationships with friends and family more difficult.....Jamie

If I was 25 years younger and had the money at the time I would have fully transitioned. But now at 47, and my career that I have working in a school district. I can't see that happening for myself now.

Definitely. The big show stoppers are family, career/money.
    Marie

Lingering Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    The only way I'd transition is if God changed me by a miracle into a real woman with periods and childbirth.

No surguries can make me a real woman! So I don't do it!
    Being a "real woman" is more than having periods and childbirth, but thanks for perpetuating the ancient view of women as creatures born to bleed and breed.

In any case, you are right that no surgery can make someone a woman (or truly female) if they aren't already one. However, for those of us who were born female, but with birth anatomy that was not congruent with our gender, surgery can be very helpful in setting things right.

FWIW, for those who cite career/money concerns as a reason to not transition, I walked away from a successful career when I went full time. I went back to college and started over in a completely new field. I don't regret it in the least. It's true, money can't buy happiness. I'd have a lot more money right now if I hadn't transitioned completely, but I'd be a lot less happy and fulfilled. If you are truly TS and you are letting ties to your existing career hold you back, I suspect you are making a huge mistake.

Banned Read only
    Not being able to have kids, and be called daddy. That is # 1 on the list.

I am realistic in separating crossdressing from internal desire. I love to crossdress and I do wish I was born a girl.

With that said I also know I am a male and I am blessed to have a wife and son I love very much.

Years before I got married I thought I would seek the full transition including SRS but I was afraid to start on the hormones because of the bodily changes. I welcomed the thought of becoming more feminine in apparence and developing breasts but I just got overwhelmed with fear and was not sure how to survive with transition. I even spoke to medical doctors about the Harry Benjamin standards of care and the whole transition process and what it meant to be a transgendered person. I also always wanted to have a kid and knew if I transitioned this would not be possible. And also what would happen if I was not accepted?

I have come to the reality that although I consider myself a lifelong crossdresser and a transgendered M-F individual I will never transition. I do not wish to lose all that I have worked so hard for. I can still wear my dresses but in secret. This is the hardest part for a closet crossdresser but i am so used to it. I need my family and I love my wife and son too much!

emmi

Family, friends and Job.
    I’m not sure I would want to fully transition, but I would like a few things. To be free to permanently have higher highbrows, real long hair, finger nails and a more feminine figure would be great.

It’s a great fantasy

Friends and family are the biggest part, money plays into it a bit though since none of it is cheap.

Been 24/7 for 2 yrs and not going to transition cuz I'd miss the "thump" sound whenever I'm jumping up and down! =P

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    For me, It is coming down to Money. I'm broke, I've been 40% of the required steps (up to waiting on HRT) Living 80% of my live at a woman. but I don't have the money to buy anything, med, docs, and the surgical stuff. I so wish I had the money.

Mariah
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

I often think that I would have transitioned if I had known what the possibilities were as a youngster. Of course, from my vantage point, the possibilities have changed dramatically in the last 10-20 years. I am so happy for the younger TGs among us, as they are living at a time of greater understanding and opportunity. At 6o years of age, I have a lot of baggage, most quite good, some not so. There are so many others that my transitioning would affect that I will not consider it now, not to mention the missed opportunity to avoid all the affects of that evil testosterone. I have had a good life inspite of my deepest darkest desire and I am grateful for that. If by some chance I have to do another lap on planet Earth, I hope the next time I can spend it as the woman I believe I was meant to be.

Mainly my wife is what keeps me from transitioning. I'd be hard-presssed to replace her. She likes just about everything I do and puts up with my dressing so I've got too much to lose. Now if something were to happen to her and I suddenly found myself single again (happily married now 22 years), that would be another story. Besides, as she once said to a (knowing) friend, "Where else can I get boyfriend, girlfriend, husband and lover all in the same package?"
    Joni

But some Gurls just want to have fun!! Some days I feel like a girl, some days I don't.
    Tina B.

Prevents from full transitioning

I'd love to .I think it would be wonderful to become a woman but I know that I never will because of family and friends.They mean too much to me and I know that the rejection would be far too severe for me to handle.

maybe in my next life??
    Pattie O

To be honest, I wish I was born a girl. Theres a variety of reasons why, but I'll keep thsoe to myself unless people really want to know.

Theres a couple things that keep me from fully transforming. First, I'm scared to death by surgery. Second is that although my family may tollerate it, I know they would be slightly dissapointed and I wouldnt want to do that.

stops from transitioning

Hi,

What is slowing me down is income. Since the foreclosure, I had little income to continue. I am restarting, I found a way to get a job as a woman, and this would allow me to live as I wish with the clothes and social relationships I would like.

Diana

Former Member
    I would never transition. I like being a man. I just have a girlie side that needs to be expressed occasionally.

Fantasy is one thing, and I do enjoy the fantasy frequently.
    Reality is another thing and the reality is I like being a guy too much to go 100% the other way. Plus, and this should have come first, I love my wife very much and want to be with her for the rest of my wife. She would never be able to accept me transitioning and I don't blame her. Fortunately, I don't have to make a choice.
    I love my dress up sessions and doing some (well, maybe quite a bit) real time feminizing of myself, and the rest of the time I'm content to be a guy.