Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What prevents u from fully transitioning?

What prevents u from fully transitioning?

Do u often / sometimes / or at least occasionally think and wish u could fully transition into the opposite sex.

If so. What are the major reasons that prevent u from doing it?

I just wanna know if all of the crossdressers experience this fantasies or only some of them besides the transgenders.

When I was younger I would have those thoughts. Now I know I would rather be a cd.

Today I went down to our heritage day festival in drab, nice silk shirt and shorts, but when I arrived, there were moments I wish I was able to dress.
    The afghan women in their purple velvet tunics, satin green pants and lovely shoes, with a chiffon scarf wrapped around their necks looked lovely as did the Indian girls in very colourful saris. Then there were the girls in pleated mini skirts boots and a loose satin top layered over the bottoms... all looking great. Yes that was one of those days.
    To be a girl on a day like this would be fun.

Hi Merkina

Not everyone who crossdresses has a need to transition

I am sure we have all considered the possibility at some time. It is not an easy decision to transition with many difficulties to overcome. Those who do have an overwhelming need as they were born with the wrong body.

Some will live 24/7 and still not transition this could be for several reason but the main thing is being happy with yourself

I myself have no desire to transition
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have the real things - breasts, and "down there", but its more idle curiosity than a desire to transition.
    Other than that, I'm happy being a CD.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I have not transitioned full time as a woman because I want to get my income to a healthy cashflow so I can live full time, I am not transexual and do not want the surgery, however I consider myself more female than male. I plan on living full time as a woman in the near future.

Interesting one. I think about dressing full time most of the time. I sometimes wish there was something wrong with the `old man` and it could be taken away. I feel more femm than male and it's only fear stopping me dressing full time. Would I transistion, have thought about it but still trying to find out who and what I really am.
    Love
    Steviexx
    Stevie B

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    It might not be an option if you are in a long term relationship. I know my wife wouldn't be interested if I started transitioning. Sometimes life's choices are difficult.
    Dana Ryan

Oh sure, thats a wonderful fantasy to think about, but for me, it just a fantasy. Most of the time I view myself as a male and happy to be. I always thought that a M to F TS was a female trapped in a male body, while a CD'er was a male who would love to be trapped in a female body (at least temporarily).
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I do think about it, but it just costs too much. I also am careful about reactions in my environment

Dream is becoming a Reality

Transitioning?

Well years ago I didn't think I'd ever want to, as I thought I'd grow out of this over time - but the opposite was true.

Then it became a dream and a fantasy ~ but because of the following, I felt I could never do it:

Partner agreeing to the change
    Being able to pass in public
    Having young children who deserve a father figure
    Being able to carry on with your chosen employment - as you're still going to need money, male or female.

But things can and do change:

My partner now agrees as she knows I can't carry on with my 'twin life'
    I can now pass in public
    Children have grown up and accept the changes
    My employer and work friends are supportive

Now I can't imagine not doing this.

So TIME can change EVERYTHING.
    What was impossible can become very possible.

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 08-04-2008 at 03:59 AM.

for me, I very often daydream of transitioning, and the things that stop me are my age, my family commitments, my career commitments, not to mention the monetary factor. So this gurl has to be content with my "girl time" as is!!!! Actually it's not all that bad except for the fact I need a much"BIGGER CLOSET"

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

I do not think I would fully transition. I would probably start on hormones and live full-time though.

What stops me? My relationship with Lori, who is too good to put into words. I would never risk loosing what I have with her. It's too valuable.

What keeps me from transitioning? I sometimes ask myself that same question. I do have a little over 3 years to go at work to max out my pension however most of the people I work with know of Karen, some have seen her, and there wouldn't be an issue there. I do see the day when I live 24/7 as Karen but transitioning with hormones and the like, that is something that remains to be seen.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

My SO has been 24/7 for the past 3 nearly 4 years, before that it was when she got the time to dress. She has know intention on doing the hormones or surgery, why? because she is happy and content in just wearing the clothes, makeup etc. She doesn't feel the need to be a woman eg have the womans body.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Sure, I guess I've thought of it from time to time, but no intentions or desires to transition. I usually take a week each year and play dress-up/make up. At the end of the week, I'm more than happy to go back to being my regular guy-self (plus the panties).
    -Sedona

I have often fantasized about it. But then I realize that I have the best of both worlds to play with. I'll never be a woman no matter what I do. I try to work with what I have and change what I can.
    Now if you'll excuse me I have a date with a sandblaster...
    "Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman."

Margaret Fuller (1810 - 1850)

I've stated in other posts I would have transitioned if it wasn't for career and family. Those two things have always been my primary concern. I'm happy where I'm at with my life. But if I could do it all over again, then yes I would.

Huggs, Renee

I'm happy being a CD. No need for anything else.

I prevent myself from fully transitioning... cause I don't want to be a woman....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Loving my SO and family is what stops me from going down the transitioning road. I'm not prepared to lose that.

Sarah...

I went 24/7 about ten years ago when I got my first job working as an openly transgendered woman. I love living this way and couldn't imagine going back to living as a man or trying to get back into the closet.

Go further? I tried over the counter hormones for a few weeks a few years ago. I didn't like how they made me feel--I felt sick to my stomach a lot, and was beginning to lose interest in sexuality. I have no desire to get rid of my "manly bits." They do fun things and add a spicy edge to living as a woman. So I have no real interest in "going further" in my transition.

Many of the responses in this great thread are written by people who think about going further but are restrained by their inhibitions. Inhibitions are internalized fears that we learned from our parents and from society. As I came out of the closet and went full time, my inhibitions lost control of me. I became free of my fears, and began to discover how life really works. I experienced (and still experience) the exhiliration of freedom. There is nothing like it in the world! Daily life continues to be a "wow!" experience. I try to express that freedom and exhiliration in the way I dress. I like bright colors, flowing fabrics, and a bit of sexiness to communicate that freedom and excitement.

When we free ourselves from our inhibitions, they don't go away. They're still there, lurking in the shadows. I still have moments when I catch myself wondering, "Isn't somebody going to stop me from living this way?" The truth is, no one can stop me, because the only power they might have is the power I formerly chose to give them. There are still people who would try, however. When they become aware of free people like me around them, they become fearful and angry. They seek out positions of power and authority. They offer others a little freedom in exchange for fostering the myth that they invented that freedom. Since the freedom they offer is really control, I've learned that it is in fact counterfeit freedom. On a practical level, that means things like going full time is a lot easier when one is financially independent, i.e. retired.

Another practical consideration is the fact that there are far more people in this world who are followers of various counterfeit freedoms, than those who are free. Would they want freedom if they were able to have it? I'm not sure. I don't think it really appeals to many people. There is a loneliness to freedom, in other words. So if you're going to be free, you have to be prepared to be alone until you find other free people.

When we're no longer guarded by our lnhibitions, we learn to listen very carefully to our surroundings. If we don't, the only way we learn is by trial and error, in other words, by making costly mistakes. I've made some of those! It's all part of the learning process.

Blessings,
    Rikki

What's preventing me from fully tranistioning...Well you see the thing is...

Oh wait i have already set a few wheels in motion to start transitioning

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post
    Transitioning?

Well years ago I didn't think I'd ever want to, as I thought I'd grow out of this over time - but the opposite was true.

Now I can't imagine not doing this.

i'm the same, i fell into thinking i could be 'comfortable' just as i am. now i'm thinking that i don't want to miss the opportunity whilst i'm still young, and i don't ever want to get to the point later when i cave in and regret my reluctance now. thats the thought that always wins it for me when i get scared about it, stand still in the stream and get washed into the silt or get out and walk around in the garden, pick some fruit, talk to a snake or whatever i want lol.

so whats stopping me is the time the process is going to take, which gives me ample time to put the brakes on if i have to. but my fear of not transitioning heavily outweighs my fears about doing it

but whilst i was being 'comfortable' what was stopping me was simply the idea that if i did do it i'd be chasing something i could never really have and there was no dignity in standing outside the door forever peering in at a party i wasn't formally invited to

x

The thought of transitioning intrigues me very much.. To be honest, I'd love to live full time as a woman. That would be amazing!

But my reality is, I have dreams and goals that wouldn't allow me to do that. Plus, I have a very serious girlfriend whom I love very much (and she will soon be my wife.. I've already got the engagement ring!). She puts up with the dressing, but I'm sure she would leave me if I went further and I wouldn't blame her. She signed up to be with a man, not a man who is turning into a woman.

So, no transitioning for this girl... I'll just stick to cd'ing.

xoxo
    Ally