So it's pride week here in Ottawa. Lots to see and do for the gay, lesbian TG ....and yes for us CD's. And occasionally...in and around town...you catch little glimpses of "It's okay to be yourself""
So it is I'm happily thrustling through the local factory direct store ( I wont name the location to protect the innocent but here in ottawa there's a few off them around) with my two oldest kids in tow. I'm totally en drab. I get to the checkout and I'm attended by a male...no wait...well i cant say for sure. See "'He" was en drab but only partially . His nails were a good inch and a 1/4 bright red, with an effeminante watch, but was in male clothing otherwise and just a hint of makeup left. Which errupted big embarrassed smiles from me. A little leftover hair on the arms, almost on purpose but fair haired so it worked.
In the end I said nothing as I noticed the crystal studs in the ears. I'm totally disappointed in myself, but in the end I tink if it was me I wouldnt want to be embarrassed by a question or comment, a smile would do.

I love pride week.

I might go out dressed this week. I'm definitely going to be at the parade, but probably in drab as I'll have my kids along. And with a big group of friends. I doubt I'll have time to get away much for anyting else.

Amanda