Thread: Visting Seattle WA, need suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Visting Seattle WA, need suggestions

Hello to all my fellow ladies,

I will be visiting Seattle in a couple of weeks for a business trip, but I have never been to Seattle before. I understand the area is mostly cd friendly, but if anyone has been there or lives there, can you offer me some suggestions of what to see and do? I'm hoping to go out in the evenings for a little fun, shopping, maybe a drink or two, but I want to be sure I'm heading to the right places, since I don't have a LOT of experience going out dressed. I've tried to do some searches for places to go, but I don't seem to be able to find a lot of info yet. Thanks for all of your help!

Erin

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Erin,

I moved to the Atlanta, Georgia from Seattle, but it was 25 years ago. So I don't know what there is there now. Except for a place called Emerald Fantasy!

This a Transformation Studio located, I believe, just south of Seattle. I think their website is EmeraldFantasy.com. If not, you can google it and get the proper URL. Seattle is a very friendly city, and you should not have any trouble whereever you go. Good luck and have fun. BTW, be sure to go to the PIke Place Market to watch them throw salmon around, and thenif you like salmon. go to Ivar's Salmon House. Some of the best, and freshest, wild salmon in the world!! BTW, I have gone there, with my dear late wife, totally enfemme. No problemo!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I was up there a year ago and went to a get together of Emerald City. They are a very friendly group, we had a good meal and had a good time.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

hi and welcome to seattle

hi erin i currently live in seattle. one of the best places to go for fun and a drink would be a bar called neighbors its in capital hill. and as far as good samon ivars is expesive go to saltys or there is antonys home port and i think thats down by fishermans warf were the crab boats from worlds deadlyist catch. for the most part everyone is reseptive to use but you know we have jerks everywere. the most excepting places are also up in capital hill. but not knowing were you are going to stay its hard to tell ya. i will keep watching this thread and if i think of anything youll hear from me or if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask anything, ok erin have a great time here and take care
    cindy

We were in Seattle this last fall on vacation and I wore a skirt or dress the entire 5 days without any problems. We were at the Monico Hotel downtown and walked almost everywhere. Don't miss Pikes Place, a really neat place.

Mike

Ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by o2bcindy View Post
    hi erin i currently live in seattle. one of the best places to go for fun and a drink would be a bar called neighbors its in capital hill.
    Hi Erin,

Born and lived there for 25 years and I get back there now and then. I second Neighbors, great bar with a mix of straight, gay and trans, very accepting. Seattle is generally very friendly to TG people, but Capitol Hill and more specifically Broadway is totally friendly. There are a handful of clothing stores up there that won't even blink if you come in dressed. You could also try The Rebar, just down the hill. It's not specifically a GLBT bar, but I know a lot of CD's are comfy hanging out there.

Down on First (maybe Second?) and Pine? there's a Nordstrom Rack. Nice clothes at discount prices, the shoe prices are especially good and they even fit my big feet

If you want more risque clothing, Broadway has a couple shops, but The Experience on Alaskan Way is good for club wear, rock star wear..if it's still open, it was last time I was there.

Lastly, there's also a Drag Bingo night around the area -

http://www.dragbingo.com/What%20is%20Drag%20Bingo.htm

Thank you for all of the information ladies! So far, it has been a pretty big help. I'm not 100% sure where I'll be staying just yet, but I will have a car so I can get anywhere I need to go regardless of my stay. I'm glad to hear that Seattle is friendly.

Is the Emerald Fantasy still active? I've contacted them for some information, but I have not heard anything back yet. I don't want to sign up and provide all of my cc information if they have stopped doing their services. Thanks again, I'm really looking forward to going now!

Erin

Ivy
    If it's not too big of a step, there's a stand-alone MAC store in the University area. I've yet to go in, but I know they do makeovers and have a reputation for being CD/TG friendly.

Smile Visit Seattle

I live in Spokane which is on the eastern part of the state. You said that you will have a car. A map of seattle and a GPS will be a great help. Remember parking is a bitch in the more conjested areas, so you may want to consider using a taxi for shorter distant travel. Enjoy the Great Northwest and i will Welcome you to the state of Washington.
    Richie, Spokane Wa