Thread: Sometimes it does pay to complain.

Sometimes it does pay to complain.

Okay, so about two weeks or so ago, I wrote a letter to the Hanes Corporation. You see, I had bought some of their panties and after one washing the gusset had started seperating from the front panel on some of the pairs. Now, these were relatively brand new panties, and I was very dissatisfied by this fact that they were not holding up. So, I wrote a letter of complaint, and mailed it out through the post office.

Today, I receive a letter from "Consumer Relations", and in this letter was not only an apology from them for the problems I have had with this product, but two (2) coupons for a free package each of Hanes underwear. Like the title says, I guess sometimes it does pay to complain.

Kandis
    who now has an excuse (although that is never needed) to go shopping.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I would say those were the first "mail" panties!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

A few years ago I wrote a letter to L'Eggs because I'd gotten a new pair of pantyhose that had a hole in them. They responded identically with a letter of regret and coupons.
    Marie

If there's one thing I learned from customer service is that it always pays to satisfy the customer, even if someone people are trying to scam the company out of money. the very small percentage of scammers is chump change compared to the image as a company that cares about customers

I'm a big proponent of complaining... I've gotten free makeup and clothing and lots of food!! Lol. Got 4 free meals at Chic-fil-a.. Because after walking a mile to their store, buying a salad. Then walking a mile back to the office I discovered they gave me the wrong salad.. A quick email to their customer affairs dept... All it takes..

Good products and service get my continued business...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It Pays To Complain

Well it not only pays to complain when shopping and you are unsatisfied, but in health care as well. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer via a PSA blood test (Prostate Specific Antigen) and an invasive ultrasound and biopsies. I was facing a four to six month wait for surgery. There is a person in our health district (we have medicare in Canada) who handles concerns about waiting times for surgery. I phoned her when I found my PSA went from 9.4 to 11.7 in three months (I had six months to live without a radical prostatectomy). She listened to my story and said she would call back shortly. In ten minutes she phoned to ask if I was willing to have my surgery on Christmas Eve (10 days away). Because of the quick response I am not only alive and the cancer is in remission, but I did not require chemo or radiation. So the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It is not whining if you are rightfully being discriminated, ripped off or harmed in some way. Stick up for yourselves girls.

Sincerely, Andrea

Complaining worked here too

A few years ago I bought some Shadowline nightgowns and spent a fair amount of money. One of the gowns had lace edging that started coming undone very quickly after 2 wearings and washings.

I wrote the customer service dept and told them about it and they asked me to send the gown back if I didn't mind. I did and received a quick response from them. They had contracted out some sewing to a new company that used summer help evidently and the indivudual assembling my gown used the wrong setting on the machine and incorrect stitching was used for the nylon.

They were very gracious and appreciative of my letter
    (polite and explanatory, but frustrated). They sent me a brand new top of the line peignoir that was nicer than the one I bought. In addition I received a 50.00 coupon for any of their merchandise anywhere it is sold.

On the medical complaint front that others have mentioned I complained long and hard enough with factual evidence from my own research that my GG SO is now being sent at no cost to her to Cedar Sinai Hospital in LA (premier hospital) as the local Kaisers could not figure out what the problems are that she is having.

A little web research and I have identified several possible scenarios and tests that are now scheduled.

So complain but be reasonable and polite until you get to the third level of managementand and layers of phone trees.

"If you are feeling screwed over, press1 If you are ready to sue us, press2 if you want to kill the guy who invented phone trees, press 3."

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I've learned my lesson that it does NOT pay to complain to the SO!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by debbeelee1 View Post
    I've learned my lesson that it does NOT pay to complain to the SO!

Sometimes it works but for the most part, we become immune due to hearing it from co-workers, bosses and children.
    Unfortunately we tend to lump everyone in the 'talk to the hand' group.

I don't buy dress up shoes very often but did get three great pair at Nordstrom Rack in February. They are spring/summer wedges and one pair started separating after one day (you couldn't even see much for scuff marks on the soles) where the leather is attached to the upper shoe. Even though it was 6 months after purchase I took them back with the receipt - they didn't bat an eye at giving me a full refund with a 50% off any single item coupon. The 'Rack' stores aren't held to the same standard as the actual Nordstrom stores are so I thought I might have been out of luck. Apparently not!
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Gold Member
    Yeah it does good to complain.

Here is another haggling method I learned from a good friend -
    You can sometimes call to ask for "customer appreciation" credits.

He got my cable/internet/phone bill lowered by $25.

He called to ask them for one. Well they put him on hold and somehow the line got disconnected.
    He told me "They just screwed up!" He was expecting this.
    So then he calls back and a few times gets disconnected, and then later put on hold again.
    He said "They just keep screwing up, now they will have no choice but to give you a credit."

So he acted upset by aoll this once he got the supervisor on the phone. He argued a little, complained about the disconnects and long hold period* and they gave me a "customer appreciation credit".

*Typically a company will put you on hold for a long time hoping you will give up when you are asking for something. Now if you owe them money, you can get thru right away...

Now I hate hagglers if I have to deal with them but it pays to have one as a friend, someone who loves to haggle.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.