Thread: Supportive girlfriend

Wink Supportive girlfriend

Hi all...this is my first post...my bf is a crossdresser and I absolutely love it!! When he first told me about his "hobby" I was perfectly fine with it because I have always been very openminded but the more I experienced with him the more I found myself enjoying it also!! He introduced me to this site about a month ago and I have really enjoyed reading/learning more. Kudos to you all!!

Now for my question....I have done his makeup a few times and feel a I do a pretty good job but are there any tricks for covering up the 5 oclock shadow?? Also we are going to be in Orlando the first part of Oct and I really want to take him out anyone know of some "friendly" places to go.

Thanks

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Well, hi and welcome hskrchick (you must be from Nebraska!). Sorry, don't have a real 5 o'clock shadow problem, try a search on this site.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Banned Read only
    There's a really good Beauty section here and the general trend for beard seems to be dermablend. Oh and hello.

Banned Read only
    In fact here's a "sticky thread" from the Beauty section that devoted to the subject...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=79909

If you search subjects or tags, you'll prolly find even more...

Welcome, by the way, darlin'!

respect & love,

deja

One way to get rid of the five o'clock shadow is laser hair removal. The cost is around $250 for a full face treatment. Several treatments and the black hairs are gone permanently but the white hairs will remain.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Well, I tell you the five oclock shadow is going to be hard. I would say, maybe you could have him shave and wait about an hour and have him shave real close again, then use a cover stick to cover the pores. It will not stop it from growing later in the day, but that is why you have to touch up the makeup so often.

I'll tell you what, if he dresses like a female, that is the way everyone will see him anyplace he goes in Florida. Just tell him to relax have a great time and enjoy. Don't be afraid as there are so many different people down here no one is going to say anything. Even in male mode I go around in girl t-shirts with my B cups sticking through the t-shirts and no one ever says anything. I went into a gas station the other day and walked right by 2 sherrif deputies and they did not even look at me twice.

If he thinks everyone is watching he will see everyone watching even though they are not. Tell him to keep smiling only make quick eye contact if any at all and don't look like a deer in the headlites, that is a sure sign people will pick you out.

Just do a real good job of his/her makeup and remember to touch up later on. There are so many different looking people all around, nobody is going to say or do anything, unless you are someplace you should not be.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I looked like Sweet Baby Jane when I tried to cover mine. I have hence given up.

But Bravo to you for trying. Mars needs more women like you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

There are numerous threads on trying to cover up beard shadow, just do a look up, and check out The Beauty Section. The main focus is to get some type of "beard cover," that is intended for that purpose. Quite a few of them available in theatrical makeup, and companies like Dermablend also have them.

Orlando is pretty friendly toward CD's. There is a large GLBT Community and lots of things going on. If your S.O. belongs to Tri-Ess, we have a very active chapter and he would certainly be welcome as a guest. Some of the main places to go? The Parliament House, Revolutions, and for a quiet dinner in a very nice atmosphere I would recommend "Friends." it's a very nice place down on Mills Avenue, not too far from The Parliament. If you need any more info, feel free to PM.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Here's a quick alternative to the beauty products the experts will sell you: after he shaves and moisturizes but before he puts on his foundation, try rubbing a little lipstick (red) into his moustache and beard area...for some reason, the darker color tends to block out the beard beneath! Cover with foundation and pressed powder, of course.

You can find some good info here try the beauty section hun. and also go on the introduction section so we can properly say hi.
    Angie

[SIZE=4]First of all, welcome to the forum and we are so happy to have such a supportive SO with us![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]As to your question about beard cover. There are a lot of remedies tried by us over the years that may work but can be pretty obvious to anyone taking a close look. I work as a makeup artist and I am a MAC Pro Makeup Artist Instructor (notice the capitalization of each word?) . MAC training incorporates a lot of acceptance into their routine and part of that routine is to accept anybody that wants to use makeup! Pretty obvious, huh?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Anyway, I have experiemented on lots of clients with heavy beard shadow and found that many combinations can work and not be too obvious, its just that you have to really experiement. MAC makes a lot of full coverage products that can cover a pretty heavy beard shadow. I have used, and not in the order of coverage, Lip Erase, Chromacake (in various shades), fluid Fix full coverage, and combinations of many of the full coverage foundations (liquid or cake) to achieve coverage. Outside the MAC line is Dermablend and a number of similar opaque substances. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I have used MAC Pro Airbrush foundations to airbrush a totally opaque finish on a number of guys that may have become addicting, they looked so good. Paint, by any other name, works wonders. Then the addition of eye and lip makeup really makes you you stand back and go "Damn girl, you look good!".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]There are other homebrewed combinations but can be hard to reproduce for consistency.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Once again, welcome and thank you for being such a supportive partner.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Your new sis,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/