Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Part of the parcel ?

Cooking comes kinda natural to me I used to help Mom in the kitchen and carried on some of Grandmothers recipes. I have always been the one that cooks for the holidays and I just had a ball helping arrange my 26 year old Daughters wedding about 3 weeks ago. It was small and the reception was at our house. I did the decorating and the cooking bought the cake though.

Silver Member
    I do not like to cook, period!!! To me cooking is throwing a frozzen pizza in the oven or heating up a can of soup. I do all my household chores en femme but my cooking and thus eating is limited. Most of the time there is very little to eat in my house and I like to keep it that way.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Well , as someone earlier said food is a passion , so let youre passions develope. My only claim to fame is a half decent veggie ( havent eaten meat - no pun - for years now ) curry. I,m past the madness of a Vindaloo , but love a Pathia ( excuse my spelling please ) with a glass of rich red wine .
    I,m really gonna have to pull my finger out and try to experiment a little more daringly .
    In July , I threw together a burger , salad and a few fries for my wife and next doors hubby & wife ......everything went fine , the lettuce was crisp , the fries golden , the burger however - well , lets just say when I garnished them with seasoning I stupidly covered them with the type of seasoning used in christmas cakes ........
    No one ate the burgers , the fries were stone cold as the three of them sat there trying theyre best not to wet themselves for about 45 mins .........

Cooking's not so hard hun Just pay attention to what your doing and don't use to much heat.
    Angie
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    Cooking is cooking, it's not a gender thing (ever heard of all those famous male chefs?).

But if it's just not your thing, don't be downhearted. Lots of women hate to cook, too.
    I'm glad somebody said it.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One of the easiest things to cook is pasta ( something like two parts water to one part pasta is best, & stir it well at the start to avoid clumping )
    As others have said, get a cookbook of simple recipes.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President