Thread: Roommate = YAY!!!

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.

Roommate = YAY!!!

Okay, so I got my housing assignment for this year, and as a decent, courteous gentleman, I sent a cheery hello letter. For those of you who don't know, because I'm legally female, I have to room with females. At the moment, one female, to be specific.

So, naturally, the housing assignment thing gives my female name, and I wrote to my roommate that I prefer Alan.

She asks after two emails: "I know you're female-bodied, since we'll be in the same room, but do you like to be identified as a male?" And then goes on to say she'd be cool with it if I DID, she just doesn't want to say 'she' when I prefer 'he'.

O.M.G. I am going to be able to be me, Alan, around my roommate. My roommate is going to respect my wishes and refer to me as 'he'. She's not gonna say a word about my binding and packing and is gonna treat me like a guy.

This is majorly cool, peoples. I am SOOOO happy right now. This is... HUGE.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Sounds great! I'm very happy for you!

--KP

Platinum Member
    Good for you Alan, let us know how you get on when you meet

Cool Alan, sounds the beginning of a great year and a good friendship with your new roomamte
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

That is so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Good for you Alan, let us know how you get on when you meet
    I second that.

She sounds open-minded - and like maybe she knows a bit about this stuff. I hope you become friends - we can all use people like that.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    We've been IM-ing, and she seems like a really cool person. We've been working out exactly how to respect the fact that it's a co-ed room. She has not only gay friends (heh, in MA, EVERYONE has openly gay friends, it seems) but also has a friend who is thinking maybe he's a girl, actually. So... just WOW.

I'm psyched. All I need now is to order a packy, and I am ALL set for college. Oh yeah, I probably need pens, pencils, paper, 3-ring binders, etc, too, but you guys know what I mean.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We've been IM-ing, and she seems like a really cool person. We've been working out exactly how to respect the fact that it's a co-ed room. She has not only gay friends (heh, in MA, EVERYONE has openly gay friends, it seems) but also has a friend who is thinking maybe he's a girl, actually. So... just WOW.

I'm psyched. All I need now is to order a packy, and I am ALL set for college. Oh yeah, I probably need pens, pencils, paper, 3-ring binders, etc, too, but you guys know what I mean.
    Alan if shes openly supportive of you maybe she'd like to join the forum?

she sounds super, chuffed for ya. i know how you feel too, i'm getting a house with four other girls this term, and one already knows about my she-ness, the other three will be cool though, i know it. can't wait to see yer posts come term time (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) heh

That's great you've got such a cool roomie.
    Story of my life –>