Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Came out to my spouse today

Came out to my spouse today

I want to thank all of you ladies for your kind and sensitive advice, and for the stories about your life experience. I joined this forum to find out what was going on in my head, and everything I've read here has helped me so much that I feel like an entirely new person.

The best piece of advice, by far, is "Don't hide it from your spouse."

When I woke up this morning, I made up my mind, that this was going to be the day. I've been on pins and needles all day, hyperventilating, pacing back and forth, having second thoughts, chickening out, then screwing up my courage. Finally, this afternoon I called her into the bedroom and told her the score. She was a bit shocked -- I'm very masculine -- but after I explained the whole thing to her, passing along a lot of the information I picked up here, she said "Well, OK."

I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. I don't have to worry about getting outed to her, I don't have to worry about secret stashes, I don't have to pretend I'm someone I'm not.

Thank you, all of you.

I love you all.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Pam, I am very happy for you, I am sure that it was a very scary thing to do, but you did it and your SO did not run. Good for you Pam.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Well done!!

(Was it more scary than getting married in the first place?)

The first step is always the hardest. Congrats.

Congrats Pam, I will admit that this is a huge weight off you shoulders, But you have to understand that this can place a huge weight on your SO's shoulders. Tread lightly with her and give her some time to adjust. Don't push things and let her call the shots. Best of luck to you.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Hi Pam,

Don't get me wrong here. But the "Well okay" , will not be the end of it. Prepare yourself for more questions and how does this affect our relationship.
    It may seem easy now. But it's all being digested, and there will be more on your plate. So do your home work now. Remember the Boy Scout motto, " Be Prepared".

Huggs, Renee

congrats

Pam,
    First of all, good for you, being open and honest is great. But as some of the others have said, you have just dumped a large load on your wife and she is digesting it, she will be digest it for awhile (how long have we been living with it and trying to understand ourselves and then, all of a sudden they get it all in one load). All we can ask of our our wives is to try be understanding, AND WE MUST DO THE SAME!! They will have good days and bad days, so dont try pushing it.

Good luck

Pam This is only the begining

There are lots more questions to come probably when you least expect them

She will have to consider how this will affect her
    You may even want to show her the forum where she can recieve the support she might need
    It's not easy to have this big secret hit you so suddenly

I do however hope everything is good and you dont have any problems
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Thanks for all the additional advice.

I know I'm dumping a lot on her, but I've only just recently been able to admit the truth to myself, so we're taking this journey together.

The way we left it is I said to her, "Ok, I've told you, now forget I said anything, and just let it sink in. Then in a week or two we'll talk more. And remember, I'm the same person I was an hour ago."

I want to share this experience with all of you, because I know that many of you are hiding from your spouses, and keeping secrets from your spouse is never a good idea. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lots of hugs,
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Just go slow now, give her plenty of room and time to process. Talk together whenever possible
    Michelle

Good for you, I wish I'd told my wife instead of getting caught. Hope it all works out well for you.
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

Good for you for telling her, now just take it at her pace. There might be a quiet period where she may say nothing but believe me it will be going round in her mind, or she may want to talk straight away, either way try and answer any questions she has as honestly as you can, also let her know just how you feel about cding. remember she can always join here and chat with other SOs.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Great Pamela! Just slow and easy now!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Good move, Pamela. The most important things you can do now are to keep the communiction lines open. Allow your wife to express her feelings when she is ready. Be ready to answer her questions when she asks and be truthful with her. This is a journey you want to take together, not one running ahead of the other. Best wishes.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Yup...more to come trust us....ease itno this lifestyle and don't jump in....let you and her take this journey slowly and do so at her pace....not yours...you'll be better off in the long run....

Its a great start hun! But, I must say from experience give her some space, it will all begin to sink in at some point. Try to let her bring up the questions of "why". In my case its all work out so awesome, but it took some time to figure it all out.......U done good....

Hugs!

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Thumbs up Bravo

I told my wife about my dressing and I was so scared and nervous but she was just silent for a moment and said just don't hide from me. Since then it has been great. I am so happy for you and hope that things will just get better.

Jeannie

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Good for you Pam. I hope your wife can take teh time to digest it and teh two of you can work out the right "mix" to help both of you deal with this.

Best wishes to both of you, sweetheart!
    Love

Lynne

gurlz want it alll! dresser1974's Avatar
    How do you feel she took it

Good for you. It does lift a lot of weight of ya doesn't it. And although the weight is lifted the road is still long. It's a big step in the right direction. Way to go hun.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Wonderful news
    As the others have said there will be ups and downs most likely and I love where you said " And remember, I'm the same person I was an hour ago."....keep reminding her of that and also if she needs to talk to other gg's direct here to us and we will help all we can..
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

That is great news, but as others have said, it is only a beginning. Sit down with your wife and establish some rules about when you can dress. As with my wife it was OK when she was not home and over the next two years it became better and better to where I can now openly dress in her presence,as long as I let her know first. I can't wait to see where things will go in the future, but the key was to establish rules and open/honest communication.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    WOW!
    That takes a lot of courage to do. I've always been a proponant of telling someone before the relationship gets under way in order to not have anything hidden from them.

Bringing this out into the open is a very difficult thing. I hope you have a great response, and that you will keep us up to date on how things progress. Never forget the little things for your spouse, and to take your time
    *hugs*
    Zara

WELL DONE GF, WELL DONE!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

It is good to hear you took the time now to tell your wife instead of years from now. You also took the time to educate yourself first, it makes it much easier to explain and understand.

Just listen to her and keep the lines of communication wide open going both ways. It sounds like each of you need to take time to adjust so take it slow, this is part of the whole you and always will be for the rest of your life. It means there is time to reel in if she needs or if you might wonder why you haven't felt like dressing for awhile even though she may be encouraging you to.

One of the things I'm sure you've seen mentioned is the "Pink Fog". For most all GG's with husbands and SO's, both need to be open and honest how that can affect your relationship as it's probably the most frustrating part of being the wife of a cross dresser. It can be frustrating for you as well - you may not understand why she may suddenly start asking for more limitations concerning everything! Discuss that now. Allow her to point out you may be in or heading towards it, allow yourself to indulge knowing she is comfortable with your dressing.

As long as you have respect for each other you will live a long and happy life together. There will be bumps in the road, they aren't always related to cross dressing so try not to have everything that comes up have a direct correlation to that. It isn't healthy for either of you. If she seems like she is suddenly isolated show her this post - the GG's here are supportive and can help each other when we feel we have no one else to talk to.

Take care and we all hope there will be the usual dips and curves in the road of life as all couples have, there is plenty of support and caring for you both here.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~