Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First pair of heels

First pair of heels

My wife wanted me to go to the local Target and get her some shoes that she seen in the paper. When I got there I spotted a lovely pair of heels and just had to have them. I always wanted heels. When I got out to my truck I put them on and drove around for awhile. Here I am, in a big old truck, two days of beard growth and wearing the loveliest pair of heels. I can't wait to try them at home.

Jessica

[SIZE=4]You go girl! Breaking in your new shoes in the truck is a great way to get used to them. I just seem to get the heel caught at the wrong moment.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Have you taken any pictures of them?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Platinum Member
    cool happy feet................

Silver Member
    Start with the heels and work your way up! Always fun and exciting to have a new pair of heels! Did you get your wife a pair also? Enjoy!

Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you to all that replied. Yes I did get my wife her shoes and no I haven't taken any pictures as yet. I wear a size 10w in mens and bought a 11 in heels. They feel a little tight. Is this normal? Will they stretch out? These are my first pair so any help would be appreciated.

Jessica

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicainme View Post
    I just wanted to say thank you to all that replied. Yes I did get my wife her shoes and no I haven't taken any pictures as yet. I wear a size 10w in mens and bought a 11 in heels. They feel a little tight. Is this normal? Will they stretch out?
    A little tight is normal, unfortunately. Whether they'll stretch depends on the material, but probably not.

My mother (who is in her 80s) has a deformed toe from years of wearing pinch-toed shoes.

Years ago, when I was wearing heels pretty often, I developed "pump bumps" on both feet -- a bone spur on the back of the heel (of the foot), where the Achilles tendon runs down to the sole. And they hurt! I had to wear orthotic inserts with my guy shoes for a number of years.

So yeah, the cute shoes don't always end up feeling good. For some of us, it is TOTALLY worth it. I'm actually looking forward to getting a couple of pairs of sandals -- completely flat soles -- so I can show off my painted toenails. That's very much the casual fashion these days in California -- and cute!

I think when I was younger I needed the footwear to get me to walk in a feminine way. I don't think I need it any longer. But I do still love pumps with 3" heels.

***Jenna Lynne***

I can see her sending you out to buy a loaf of bread but who sends someone to buy them shoes.

Seen Picture

Well she seen a picture of the shoes in the paper and sent me off with paper/picture in hand and size she needed. Knowing that if they didn't fit her I would return them..They didn't fit so off to the store again to return them tomorrow. I also picked up a loaf of bread

Jessica

Hi and welcome. Your wfe sound as if she is aware of your dressingand that is good. I hope you find all the items you like that easy. LOL.

Watch out,Jessica! I bought my first pair of heels at Target also, and after I saw myself in heels, there was no stopping me.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I just wanted to say thank you to all that replied. Yes I did get my wife her shoes and no I haven't taken any pictures as yet. I wear a size 10w in mens and bought a 11 in heels. They feel a little tight. Is this normal? Will they stretch out? These are my first pair so any help would be appreciated.

Jessica
    Yes they would be tight, womens shoes generally run two sizes larger than male sizes, I wear an 8.5 mens, and a 10.5 womens.
    Hope you have fun with the shoes, and no blisters!!!
    Tina B.

Me too

Jessica
    I wear a men's size 10D or 10W. In a women's that translates to a 11 1/2B or 11 1/2M. Unfortunately other than a few up-scale shoe makers like Stuart Weitzman or Manolo Blahnik not too many make that size, your next bet is a size 12B or 12M. That's what I always wear. And too, I've bought from Target (most of the size 12's are on-line) and Payless ShoesSource (they have size 12's at the stores but the cute ones are on-line).

So I go with the size 12. I'd rather have them a little big than look like I stuffed sausages into them! LOL Keep in mind there is only 5/16 of an inch difference between a size 11 and a size 12.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

[SIZE="3"]I wear a size 13 in women's, it is tough to find shoes, sometimes a 12 will fit but not often.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    [SIZE="3"]I wear a size 13 in women's, it is tough to find shoes, sometimes a 12 will fit but not often.[/SIZE]
    Dixie, check out the www.Snaz75.com web site. They have a huge selection of high heels, some to size 16, at very reasonable prices. They also have a good return policy and frequent discount offers but little to nothing in low to medium heels.
    Hugs, Andi

AAHHHH another high heel addict is born!! Welcome to our club!

Add me to the list!!!!

I just 3 pairs for myself at Payless - in size 12w. Didn't even hesitate - I WANTED THEM. They fit better than my guy shoes. I absolutely love them. I got a 2 3/4" mule, a 3 " pump and 4" peep-toes. Now I have to work on the rest. I'd wear them all day if I could.

High heels are a slippery slope to traverse. I know. My shoe room (yes, shoe room) now contains over 200 pairs of shoes and boots.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    High heels are a slippery slope to traverse. I know. My shoe room (yes, shoe room) now contains over 200 pairs of shoes and boots.
    I would love to see a photo of this!!!! I just counted mine and have 34 pairs and I thought that was alot.

loves shoe shopping
    I think I have more women's shoes than men's shoes now.

I also usually wear a 10W for men's shoes, but some size 11 women's fit me but 11W usually fits the best, or a 12. I'm due for a trip to Payless soon, since it's BOGO time again and there are some heels and wedges that I want. Here's one of them:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Black

And here's the other (in either brown or white):

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Brown

Do these shoes look okay to you ladies?

The first pair is usually just the start.
    I def have more women's shoes than men's. Ya never know what you'll need to match the outfit.
    women's feet are narrower than men's. You usually have to chose between the right length and the right width for the shoe. bigger shoes are a little wider.
    congrats on your purchasse

congratulations on your purchase!!! I too just bought my first pair of heels...now i just have to learn how to walk in them. Unbelieveable how sexy a pair of heels can make a girl feel. When nobody's home my treadmill is finally going to see some use.

Quote Originally Posted by amy canada View Post
    I think I have more women's shoes than men's shoes now.

I also usually wear a 10W for men's shoes, but some size 11 women's fit me but 11W usually fits the best, or a 12. I'm due for a trip to Payless soon, since it's BOGO time again and there are some heels and wedges that I want. Here's one of them:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Black

And here's the other (in either brown or white):

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=Brown

Do these shoes look okay to you ladies?
    omg!!! i just bought those yesterday...very comfortable, you'll love them. I bought them for $10 on sale

Did you get your wife shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    I can see her sending you out to buy a loaf of bread but who sends someone to buy them shoes.
    When I was in college, I got approved for alot of credit cards. Some were store cards. Somehow I got I Lanebrynt card(to my late mother's delite). She would have me pickup many things for her all the time. The SAs got to know me on a first name bases. I wonder if mom knew what kind of seed she planted?

Silver Member
    Vivian, you bought those beautiful pumps for $10???? That settles it, I am going to Payless tomorro. I need more shoes!!!!!!