Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Mind Being Called a ...???

I definitely don't mind being called any of those cute little names. Being treated like a woman is a big part of dressing up, so I'll take all I'm given.

As for the term gurl: I personally have no problem with that. It is partially because I would never identify myself as a girl. I'm not a girl, I'm a man who occasionally dresses in women's clothing. I'd have to believe if a person were fully transitioned they may not like the label, but it suits me fine. I also find that for the sake of being on the net and meeting people on websites a label like gurl lets other people know your story (or at least, the beginning of it) right away.
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla_CD View Post

As for the term gurl: I personally have no problem with that. It is partially because I would never identify myself as a girl. I'm not a girl, I'm a man who occasionally dresses in women's clothing. I'd have to believe if a person were fully transitioned they may not like the label, but it suits me fine. I also find that for the sake of being on the net and meeting people on websites a label like gurl lets other people know your story (or at least, the beginning of it) right away.
    I think that covers "gurl" pretty well. As a ts, I don't care for it. Interstingly enough, I do not mind being reffered to as trans. I guess because it's true, and I'm still very much in transition. Ask me in a couple of years. I might feel differently.

If a guy calls me "babe" He'd better Know for certain that he's allowed to, and if that's the case, he can call me anything he wants!

Hugs,

Melissa

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Gurl just looks and sounds stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    No matter what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner.
    You stole what I was going to say
    Drumming, My other hobby

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I really don't care,

what u call me. ( Good thing, too!)

I'm uncomfortable using the term "gurl" myself!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't mind any of the little endearments at all, babe, hon, whatever. Quite nice actually. But I hate the term 'gurl'. It certainly does not apply to me. As a ts myself, and as Melissa said above, I do not care for it at all. I would accept 'trans' as well, as I am also ongoing transition.

honestly, anything is better than "transvestite."

I had not heard the term gurl till I got on this web and I thought it was just a term used by some people instead of girl. I do prefer the word girl as it is what I like to be. But when I am dressed any name that indicates a female is alright with me.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl View Post
    Chick. Chik. Do FTM 's get upset by being called "Boi" ? I haven't heard them complain. I always assumed "Gurl" was a general spelling for cd "girls", so as not to confuse people. I have spelled it "gurl". Will I be sent to the dungeon ?
    I hope not. I still have cookies left to eat.
    Well if they do send you to the dungeon, at least I'll have some good company. (try to sneak in some lip-plumper and cookies, will ya?)

I'm guilty of using the term "gurl" but not because I felt anyone was or wasn't a girl. I use it because I don't see CDers or TS as ordinary women. I like the distinction. But that's just me.

I'm also well known for calling people "hunnie" and "hun". Why? Because I can't remember everyone's name! LOL! Its so much easier referring to someone in an endearing term than trying to remember what they prefer being referred to as. I have more nicknames than any baroness in history so if someone refers to me as honey or sweetie... I accept it.

Now things like "babe".... you better be someone I'm pretty effin close to for terms like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

I had thought, maybe mistakenly, that GURL is a combination of 2 words. GU y and gi RL. Hence GURL. If thats the case I would trust that is true for nearly all of us on this site except the GG's. Hugs, Amber
    "in varietate concordia"

I do not mind being called most things including a gurl, tranny, he and sir. It is all in the context and how it is used or said that may bother me. A name / label / box, just like most words are just ways to communicate and allow others to relate to who we are. Most words and labels are very relative to the person using it and what they can relate to. And the words and labels often may need some clarification to make sure both sides are interacting about the same thing.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by amber 07 View Post
    I had thought, maybe mistakenly, that GURL is a combination of 2 words. GU y and gi RL. Hence GURL. If thats the case I would trust that is true for nearly all of us on this site except the GG's. Hugs, Amber
    Amend that to: except GGs/FABs, TSs and FtMs on this site.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Well, heck,y'all!

I went to the urban dictionary to find a definition of "gurl" that matched the way that I think many of us use it here. But among the 20 definitions that ranged from "ice bit@h queen on E" to drag queen" to "Southern girl child", I diidn't find one that matched my idea!

I've used it occassionally when addressing the range of members here as in "Boys and girls and gurls" in order to make my statement all inclusive. But after seeing how many of our trans-women feel about the word , I'm gonna give up using "gurl" and "gurlz".

Never meant to hurt. Just used it after I found it here in the first place.

(I included "Babe" on purpose after rememberiing how Pam Anderson's character Barb Wire used to beat the poop outta any guy that ever called her that.

And I see that Melissa and DD have the same opinion of the word. So, knowing that those are a coupla tough ba...er....ladies, I may forego that one, too!)

Funny how our language can mean so many diferent things to so many people, ain't it?

Thanks ladies!

..and gent!
    Last edited by deja true; 08-18-2008 at 02:44 PM.

I love all the little endearments, please keep them coming. I don't especially like the word "gurl" because the word looks ugly to me. (Although it's certainly not as bad as "transvestite".) "Girl" is a pretty looking word, but I actually prefer to think of myself as a lady. The word "lady" sounds classy and elegant to me, and that's how I like to think of myself.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Gurl, honey, sweetie etc, any feminine endearment - never been a huge fan of using them or hearing them applied to myself. To me they generally onjure images of someone cutesy or dainty, and at 6'2" with an ill-proportioned body (long torso, kinda short legs) I don't feel either, but thats just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't really like being called man, or boy, or bloke. Other than that, fine!

I went dressed to a pub on Sunday lunchtime. A little girl noticed me as I was leaving. Her comment to her Father was "Is that a real girl?" I suppose at least I've got people thinking now!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I love the feminine endearments you list and just love to be called by any one of them.

Sadly it doesn't happen very often.

As long as I'm not referred to as man, boy, he, oi you or guy then I'm happy.

Sarah...

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    In conversation, do you mind being called "sweetie" or "darlin'" or "Honey" or "babygirl" or "Babe" or any other of those little personal endearments that many of us (including myself) use?
    If you don't like being called any of these, you'll never survive being in Oklahoma or any other place in the American South. Waitresses and salesladies call strangers with such words as a matter of custom, whatever their gender or however they're dressed.

I guess it depends on the person me myself I don't like any term that calls me a female because I never look at myself as a girl or woman always a guy. However I am getting more use to them because it would be hard for the thousands of people that use these forums to get used to calling me or anyone else by what they prefer.

[SIZE=4]I don't mind any of the endearments, but I dislike the word "tranny" . All I can think of is that 700R4 I dropped into reverse at 80..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Believe it or not, I still like "skinny bitch" but only when applied by the right person.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Gurl just seems like such an odd term to me. Boi as well. Why make up words.
    If you're dressed and feminine it seems that girl or woman should apply. For those in transition girl or woman should always apply since you are one (perhaps for the want of some anatomical oddity).

I think "gurl" is silly, but it doesn't bother me.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

When I'm en femme you can call me by any personal endearment you would like, the same as you would any GG. However when I'm in drab I prefer to be called by my given name.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Hi! Any femme term of endearment is just absolutely fine with me!
    Lisa

Anything except Sir will do when I'm dressed. Honey, sweetie and cutie are all good!
    Charlie

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I too hate Gurl, also hate being referred to as Hun as well