Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD.com convention in 2009!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

CD.com convention in 2009!

This is inspired by the "culture shock" thread, and deja's post.

Has there ever been talk of organising a low key get together of the CD.com members? Maybe in Middle America? In a more or less CD friendly city? Just curious if that had ever been discussed here?

Mods? Ever any talk of such a thing? Dam! I'd love to meet some of u, live! Actually, a LOT OF U!

Any ideas on this, anyone?

PS: I'm NOT an organizer, obviously! Duh!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    have to be a place with a lot of closets...............

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Great idea! I hear St. Louis is pretty friendly (can't say for sure, never been there en femme) and you can't get much more in the middle of the country.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Doesn't matter where you have it since majority of the girls and guys will have to travel great distances.... I know URNA has some regional meetings sponsered buy local groups... And were trying to do the first ever MUT get-together but it's in San Fransico and limited to a small group..... So good luck.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hub & Spoke...

What about a city that all flights have to fly into first. Some major airlines hub....might be able to score 'em as sponsor as well.

The midwest regional CD conventiion called Fall Harvest is meeting in Kansas City this fall, September 4-9, 2008. See www.fallharvest.org. This is usually a very nice time!! It will be in another midwest city in 2009. Also, Be All is a huge CD convention held in the northern suburbs of Chicago in earlt June each year. See www.be-all.org. Come to the midwest and have a great time. Many CD.com girls meet at Be All!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    Stephanie Kay

"We all just want to be loved!"

Great idea but it would be fun if we could all attend

So that just an 8000 mile round trip for me

Can I borrow a boat ?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-24-2008 at 06:51 PM.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

If I could come up with teh money and convince my wife to come along. I would love to join in on the party
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Windy city

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Kay View Post
    The midwest regional CD conventiion called Fall Harvest is meeting in Kansas City this fall, September 4-9, 2008. See www.fallharvest.org. This is usually a very nice time!! It will be in another midwest city in 2009. Also, Be All is a huge CD convention held in the northern suburbs of Chicago in earlt June each year. See www.be-all.org. Come to the midwest and have a great time. Many CD.com girls meet at Be All!!

Love,
    Stephanie
    [SIZE="2"]My niece is moving to Chicago next year. Hey, now I have two reasons to go.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I'd suggest an informal meet up at one of the TG convention's like California Dreaming here on the West Coast, Southern Comfort in Atlanta would be another that sadly I wouldn't be able to make this year myself. I think there's a harvest TG event in Kansas City in the fall I think. Just putting the idea out there. Carol.

Banned Read only
    Oh we'll be doing the informal meet up thing like we did in Chicago...There were about 15 of us. The SCC list already has about 16 names on it...

And I think we 'll prolly put something up on the SCC bulletin board looking for more...

as someone from a convention background and in my humble opion it would be simple as getting the ok from the big boss here then find a location after that negociate a room block " it is better to herd us all together. that way we won't offend other hotel guest as we would have the floor or floors to ourselves . then should we need the the hotel hall or convention rooms we can pay that out of the room block and then we just sort out what we want to do like workshops , trips , coffee rooms for us to meet and sit down to chat and the like , it's not hard to do you just need dedication
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    We've been considering organizing a conference in Winnipeg (Manitoba, the geographic centre of north america). Though we might not be ready for a big conference yet!

How about Memphis Tn. I agree with MJ. Why don't some of you put your heads together and lets get something etched in stone, so we can begin planning. I would help plan, but I'm not out to my wife, its already hard hiding the few things that I have, but hiding plans of this magnitude would be impossible. I would love to meet each and every one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    in my humble opion it would be simple as getting the ok from the big boss here then find a location
    If such a get-together were to be held, then since the majority of the people appear to be from the USA, attendance would likely be highest if the location were to be in the USA.

But, speaking for myself: if it were in the USA, then the probability of my attending is much reduced. My reasons involve politics and law and so are not appropriate to explicate in this forum.

My modest suggestion:

There is a spot on the Manitoba (Canada) / North Dakota (USA) border called the International Peace Gardens. Citizens from either country can enter and visit the Gardens and facilities without a passport, as long as they exit back to the same country they came from. The area between the north and south gates is shared grounds between the two countries, dedicated to peace.

True, the spot is not without logistic difficulties: there are no major airports within a few hours drive. But it's symbolically a great location! (And it's a nice place to visit -- and the camping and cross-country skiing in the area are very nice!)
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 08-25-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: fix quote

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Count me in, it would be enough incentive for me to actually step out of my closet and go out into the real world en-femme.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I take it no-one fancies Inverness, UK then!!!!

Las Vegas?

Sydney?

Cape Town?

Only 'cause I'd like to go to those places!!

Sarah...

Pipped to the post....

Well I was going to suggest that you might like a trip to bonny Scotland, but my lovely Sarah beat me to it!!!!!

Shelly, we'll share the boat with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's lover View Post
    Well I was going to suggest that you might like a trip to bonny Scotland, but my lovely Sarah beat me to it!!!!!

Shelly, we'll share the boat with you.
    Me too. Funny cause I was only thinking the other day how nice it would be to meet some of you in the flesh. Thing is being in the Uk and the vast majority of members on her being from the US It would be a long old journey for us.
    Bev

How about Tampa???
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

i vote vegas. or amsterdam. not for the obvious reasons, but b/c both places would put up with our nonsense and not even bat an eyelid. plus both would be extremely fun. miami would be another good one.

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Kay View Post

Love,
    Stephanie
    This is actually November 4 through 9

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    have to be a place with a lot of closets...............
    Would need one garage door

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    Thing is being in the Uk and the vast majority of members on her being from the US It would be a long old journey for us.
    Personally, I'd be happy to visit Europe again; I've been looking for an excuse to go back. For example I haven't been to Ireland yet but I hear that parts of it are really lovely. (Odd -- I can't think of a single active poster from Ireland at the moment!) Scandinavia perhaps? I was in Stockholm for a while and based upon my experiences there I think we would be made welcome there.

I'd be willing to go pretty much anywhere in Europe that I could get passable vegetarian food (unfortunately Edinburgh vegetarian food was quite disappointing after the very nice meals we had anywhere we went in England.)

As long as there is a dog park, I'm in.