Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing, TG, age and desire

When I got into my 40s is when I started looking seriously for places I could come out, and ten years later it was finally the whole world, and now that I can do it every day, I do. When you get older, you get less and less afraid of what people might think of you. You have found people who accept you as you are, and you accept yourself as well. There was a recent thread about this: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...light=poll+age , and the highest part of the curve was 50-59.

This is a great thread with great answers. I'll throw in my 2 cents. When I was younger the dressing urges had a stronger sexual component, but also greater feelings of guilt and self-denial. At nearly 55, I am now more comfortable with my dressing and my dressing urges. Now the sexual component is mostly gone, the dressing provides me with a calming and "centering" feelings.
    I have always had the desire to dress(even when I couldn't accept it and myself), but the intensity has come and gone. At one point I went 10 years without hardly thinking about it. I think that now, I have an easier time finding the time and money to indulge. I also think I enjoy it more than when I was younger.

Jaydee

Desires Heightened

I'm now 62 and retired to the privacy of the country. I now dress most of the time when I'm home and miss dressing when I'm away or visiting friends or family. I have dressed since I was a young teenager and I have to say I'm more into it, loving it, now than ever before. Having an accepting wife really helps. I love clothes, shoes, and makeup. My male clothes are disappearing slowly but surely.
    I'm also trying to look my age and growing my own gray hair longer to see how more natural I can look. I have wigs as standbys.
    How am I doing so far?

Margot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great questions Emmi!

I've been crossdressing since a child and the desire has definately increased with age. Now in my 50's my desire to dress is only surpassed by my feminine feelings. My desire to be feminine all the time has me so concerned that I am now in therapy. I'm hoping that if I get out as much as possible it will quell my feminine desires. I know that I can't continue like this and will have to take the first step to transitioning soon. I never ever thought I would feel this way. A few years ago dressing from time to time would be enough but now it has taken over my life.

Lauren

Aspiring Member
    When I was younger (in teens and twenties), I remember
    wondering if i would still want to crossdress as I got older.
    Now, at 47, my desire to dress up has only increased!
    When I was younger, I was satisfied just wearing lingerie.
    Now, I want to get TOTALLY dressed.
    Also, I really like high-end panties, slips, dresses, business suits, etc.
    Yes, my crossdressing journey continues...

In my case I think that it more to do with suppressing it more while I was younger. When I dressed when I was younger there was more sexual or fetish excitement. But now it just makes me feel more whole and integrated as a person. While I do it more today, I think the desire hasn't increased but shifted in how I feel. I think that is why the nut doctors who study CD/TV/TG people have felt that CDing was just a fetish/sexual thing. At least for me they are wrong. It is part of my makeup.

Hugs Edyta

You hit it on the nose Kayla, My desire has grown over the years, when I was young I thought something was wrong with me but, has I grew older and started to understand what I was feeling and had more knowledge my CD progressed, Now I know that being female is what makes me happy. I too have tried to please everybody and put everyone else`s feelings ahead of mine but,now I`m getting to the point of trying to please myself, is that selfish? I need time to express my female side and do what makes me happy, it`s hard to balance everything, expecially when my desires are getting stronger. JENN

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part in your desire to crossdress?

As you get older do you find your need to crossdress has intensified or has diminished?

Are you more into crossdressing as you get older or have you become nonchalant about it?

If you are TG do you wish you were a girl more now than you did in your younger days or about the same?

emmi
    xoxo
    1. CD'ing... it's not about the clothes for me anymore at all. They are just a part of me and how I may present for that day, though honestly I am more interested personally in women's clothing than boring male duds. But, I am just as happy in a pair of capris and sneaks as I am in a skirt and heels.

2. I "label" myself TG, and yes, I wish it more today than yesterday but less than tomorrow.... But... I really did not come to the realization that I would like to be female until late... if only it had occurred to me when I was 34 and between marriages, and this would not be an issue!

HTH....

Thumbs up Old age crossdressing....

As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part ...
    As you get older do you find your need to crossdress has intensified or has diminished?
    Are you more into crossdressing as you get older or have you become nonchalant about it?
    If you are TG do you wish you were a girl more now than you did in your younger days or about the same?
    emmi xoxo
    First off, I am 73, almost 74. I am very accustomed to my crossdressing and absolutely love it. My desire to crossdress sort of peaked in my 60s. In fact I was ever considering breast, facial and neck surgery aroung 68-69. The result was that I instead decided to work with herbs and hormones, which was a truly delightful and involving episode.

That period was pretty much the peak intensity of my crossdressing needs and feelings during my life. Interestingly, the result of the hormones made me feel so emotionally relaxed my crossdressing sort of dwindled away as my top driving need. And dwindling right along with it was my need to continue to take the herbs and hormones. I do have a very pleasant set of mini A sized breasts now, and love em.

Nonchalant about crossdressing? Not ever would I be so. As far as I can imagine, I will always love the feel of womens clothing, the sensuality that I feel inside during the process, the walk... all of the physical movement that I love so much. I love females, and what they represent together with the sensuality that I feel at the sight of a female - and what I hope I will always emulate and enjoy.

Rickie
    Last edited by rickie121x; 09-13-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

I started dressing at a very early age, but the drive waxed and waned for most of my life. For some reason it really stepped up once I passed 50 and now is a very major part of my life.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    How am I doing so far?

Margot
    Sure as hell fooled me. You look like an attractive genuine GG. Maybe in keeping with the age conscious thing, ditch your natural grey hair and go for a coloring or tint to make it darker. It'd still be your own natural hair but i bet you'd look 10-12 years younger.

Megan
    (Age 61)

[SIZE="4"]I am gradually coping with older age and the appropriate hair styles but I always loved long hair (either on a mate or myself). I know sooner or later to continue to pass I need to have a shorter hair style, but I love the look of curls.

Older Andrea[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

As I grow older I find I am more accepting of my feminine self and really enjoy crossdressing more. I also have stopped feeling guilty about it, the guilt originally coming from 'I'm a guy and shouldn't be doing this' and also the fear of getting caught.

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile dressing

dear emmicd,i am now 65 and i have not stopped dressing and as a matter of fact i find myself dressing more than ever before.i guess the older we get the more we want to enjoy whatever we have left.phylisanne

Others may disagree, but I believe we are all TG and it is a question of degree as to how far we go with it, or how far we "need" to go with it. Yes, as I get older I find my desire/need to dress, to be a woman, increases. I do think that if I had lived in a more accepting society, if i knew then what I know now, I would have transitioned, but I'll never really know. Woulda, coulda, shoulda?

Great question. I am thrilled to hear from the older gals that the desire does not go away. I know in my case the need is stronger then ever and I in my forties.

More

Thanks for the question and all the encouraging answers. In my case my desire to cross dress became intense in my early fifties (oh, to have to confess one's age!) and by now I would happily, if I could, transition... My great regret, as someone else already has expressed it, is not to have enjoyed more cross dressing in earlier years. A lot of my more positive and accepting attitude has to do with meeting many of you in this list, since you have made me understand and appreciate my ability to transcend the male identification. With thanks and love to all,

Valerie

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    for me its been a little over 20 years and it has been fairly consistent, hopefully over time i have been improving in technique but my desire to dress seems to ebb and flow, i have typically taken the summer off and this year was no different. but i have thought about it a lot, lot more since i continued to stay active here.

Aspiring Member
    As I age (just turned 56) I am finding out things about myself that I hadn't realized before. I spent most of my adult life trying to be the "man". The idea of being different from others was in the back of my mind all these years. Thanks to the pc and groups like this one I have found some of who and what I am. I don't have all the pieces yet.

As a kid I tried on my mothers clothes. I liked it but knew it was wrong to do it. Or maybe it was the sneaking that I knew was wrong. When I was ten I was dressed up for a skit at a summer camp. They gave us ( about 8 boys) balloons for breasts. I didn't care for them, but did like the clothes. Now I am reflecting back and wondering if I liked the girls in the short mini's and boots and make up or the clothes they were wearing.

Now my life has allowed me to pursue my fantasies more, though I am still in the closet. I did get out semi dressed last night. Went to a lesbian bar and had a drink. Saw several cd/tgs. Not all were trying to pass. From what I had experienced I felt more comfortable there than most places I had been. I hope to go again and dress even more enfemme.

The urges come and go but the desire, for me, is to want to go further with my dressing. I don't want to be a man in a dress though. I want to feel the real woman I should be.

Sorry for the length of my post. Reading all of your stories have helped me understand some of the "why" that I ask myself. They also have given me courage to do more.

Former Member
    My desire comes and goes. I have been crossdressing for over 30 years. As time has passed, I have refined my look to better be the girl I have envisioned. I think my desire has increased with age. I went through a period in my 30's when I hardly dressed. Now that I am in my 40's, the desire seems to be stronger than ever.

I am amazed by all these wonderful posts and am encouraged that so many have been positive with their crossdressing as they get older. I realize as I get older my desire to dress has increased as well.

I am trying to dress as much as I can and when I do I really enjoy it!

emmi

Smile the desire intensifies

As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part in your desire to crossdress?

emmi
    xoxo
    The desire becomes stronger as the years pass. I believe that this will continue...and it's a lovely thing.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    No, if anything it helps because as I am getting older care less about people opinion.

The need is there but with my limited time to dedicate I cannot dress as much as I would like to.

I am more into dressing.

The wish to wake up a girl faded when I entered my teens.

Emmi, I think you could've had a poll on that one! My desire to dress has increased a lot more. Can't stop thinking about it

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    >>>As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part in your desire to crossdress?

Yes I think it does: "If not now, then when ?" I feel like life is pretty short and now I want to enjoy some of what is left in the manner that I enjoy the most.

>>>As you get older do you find your need to crossdress has intensified or has diminished?

Yes, as above, I feel like the time left to me is shorter than the time spent... hence, now or never !

>>>Are you more into crossdressing as you get older or have you become nonchalant about it?

I would say that I am more "into" it, but that is because as a younger person, I denied, avoided and hid my CD side. Now I am letting it out.

>>>If you are TG do you wish you were a girl more now than you did in your younger days or about the same?

Definitely more.