Thread: A Summer of Being Open

Smile A Summer of Being Open

[SIZE="3"]As the summer winds down, I can say that this was the best summer of my life as a transgender woman. I was out in public more than ever. I ventured into various arenas as 'Gennee'. I dined in restaurants, sat in church services, shopped in stores, and walked the streets among millions of people. It was wonderful to be able to be myself and enjoy doing the things that I love.

I crossed a couple of roads, one of which was to speak out against those who demean and prejudge us. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but when they affect the lives and livelihoods of transgender people, I must speak out. It's just come to the point that I'm not afraid to speak out. If it means that I may have to come out to more people, then so be it.

I also appreciate forums like this. Crossdressers.com was the first forum I subscribed to shortly after I came out to myself. Each story in here has been a blessing to me and countless others.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by gennee View Post
    [SIZE="3"]...
    Each story in here has been a blessing to me and countless others.
    [/SIZE]

I couldn't agree more! Thanks so much for sharing.

And thanks for speaking out! Prejudice hurts everyone!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Banned Read only
    What a great summer for you gennee! And I bet it won't stop as the weather cools.

One of the joys of understanding ourselves better through this blessing of ours, is that we also start to understand better our friends and families and all the people around us.

To uplift ourselves and educate those around us makes us all better people.

Congratulations to you, dear one...

and thanks muchly for your efforts on behalf of all your brothers and sisters.

respect & love,

deja

Smile Thank you

[SIZE="3"]Thank you for your kind words, ladies.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing wrong with speaking your mind.I'm happy for you, and dont ever lose that edge you have. I enjoy your posts.