Thread: Passport UK

Passport UK

I am wanting to go and see my old girldfriend in France, but in Jenny mode, however not having the piece of paper, would you like to give me your views on the situation please.

Aspiring Member
    What "piece of paper" are you talking about? I might be able to let you know what you need to know.

The piece of paper that says you are now a woman although I have not yet had the Op and UK will not allow your change your passport from male to female! Are there any updates on this please?

hi. If by 'piece of paper' that 'says you are a woman now' you refur to a gender recognition cirtificate, that's not required to chainge you're pasport. I think you can have it chainged with a letter from your gp or therapist (stating that you're undergoing gender reasignment, or the assesment stages, will be living the rest of your life femail, and please could they ament records to reflect this); if not, then a letter from a charring cross doctor (or similar).
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Aspiring Member
    You can use your male passport while presenting as a female but it may be advisable to have a letter from either your GP or from the GIC stating you are undergoing transition in case the immigration officer queries your presentation.

Immigration officers have had diversity awareness training and as long as they are satisfied as to your identity and nationality you should have no difficulties (I can't speak for the French authorities though).

I thank you for all your replies and I accept what you say, but this is totally different to my previous understanding. I do have a UK passport, and only had it renewed a few months ago, although I would of liked to had it done then, but was too soon as in change.
    Therefore I will look into this again. Thanks

I know a girl, Penny, who works abroad in Milan and regularly travels from Manchester. She dresses as a fourteen year old schoolgirl almost entirely. She was once stopped by passport control and replied "For goodness sake you can see who I am" and was then let through. I don't think you need worry about it (bet you will though )
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    (By the way, coming back into the UK you don't actually need a passport because UK citizens cannot be refused entry
    That's not right, you need your birth certificate AND photo ID. You can't even travel within the UK without some form of photo ID now on flights.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Aspiring Member
    Katie B is correct - a UK citizen cannot be refused entry to the UK, as long as the person can properly establish their identity and nationality as a British Citizen - there is no power in law to refuse entry to the UK to a British Citizen.

However, carrying companies (airlines, ferry companies and eurostar) can refuse boarding to someone who have no form of ID because they could be liable under the Carriers Liability Act of fines up to £2000 for carrying an undocumented passenger (sorry slightly off topic but felt clarification was needed).

However, carrying companies (airlines, ferry companies and eurostar) can refuse boarding to someone who have no form of ID because they could be liable under the Carriers Liability Act of fines up to £2000 for carrying an undocumented passenger (sorry slightly off topic but felt clarification was needed).
    The problem I will have next month going to France with Ryanair, is that my UK Passport is still in my male name, therefore I will have to dress as to passport foto. I will see what I can do as to getting a letter from GP etc, but I do not think there will be enough time on this trip and I don't think it will be enough to get my passport changed over to female from male, without transgender reasignment certificate.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    just to help a little heres the official line

Although the United Kingdom is part of the European Union (EU), you still need to carry a full British 10-year passport (or five-year child passport if you are under 16 and not on a parent’s passport) every time you travel to Europe. This includes day trips and travel by Eurostar.

Many countries no longer check passports at their land borders, but they still expect visitors to be able to produce a valid form of identification. For UK travellers this is the British passport. Remember, your passport will have to be checked at immigration control when you return to the UK.

This is the official line on passport photos (wigs technically are not allowed (classed the same as a hat) when taking and submitting the passport picture) unless you wear on for medical reasons however if stopped officers are trained to be discrete, you should be able to ask for a private room, and explain your attire if the question is raised. Most will have seen this before.

The photographs must be:
    • identical;
    • in colour, not black and white;
    • taken within the last month;
    • taken against a light grey or cream background;
    • 45 millimetres (mm) high x 35 millimetres (mm) wide (however, please do not trim your photographs to meet this condition);
    • fit into the template, with your eyes positioned in the area marked by the shaded band;
    • undamaged, for example; not torn, creased, or marked;
    • free from shadows;
    • taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (with no sunglasses or tinted glasses, and no hair across your eyes);
    • free from reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames must not cover your eyes (where possible, we recommend that you remove your glasses to avoid the possibility of rejections);
    • free from ‘Redeye’;
    • of you facing forward, looking straight at the camera;
    • with a neutral expression, your mouth must be closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows);
    • of you on your own (no babies’ dummies, toys or other people visible);
    • taken of the full head, without any covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons;
    • taken with nothing covering your face;
    • free from copyright.

Once the more advance Biometics come on line fully travelling dressed should not be such a problem as identity will be confirmed by eye scans and fingerprints, Therefore the identity is easier to prove no matter how you look. (which is the problem with the visual system, many do not check closely to see if the person before them is the same as the person in the passport.
    Last edited by Tracy_Victoria; 09-04-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

There are a number of trans individuals who travel from the UK to the U.S. and other places, and their pssports still say male. You'll be fine. But if you're worried, take a carry on with a change of clothes and makeup remover.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by fendasia View Post
    The problem I will have next month going to France with Ryanair, is that my UK Passport is still in my male name, therefore I will have to dress as to passport foto. I will see what I can do as to getting a letter from GP etc, but I do not think there will be enough time on this trip and I don't think it will be enough to get my passport changed over to female from male, without transgender reasignment certificate.
    I know several girls who've done France and back regularly on male identified passports without any problems - also Spain, Holland, Germany and Scandinavia (as well as the US). [SIZE="3"]BUT[/SIZE] - you don't need to have a GRC to get your passport changed, just a letter from a medical practitioner (your GP or psych, to say you've transitioned).

The Passport Office have a department used to dealing with this, give them a ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_Victoria View Post
    This is the official line on passport photos (wigs technically are not allowed (classed the same as a hat) when taking and submitting the passport picture)
    Your photo should be of you without a wig, unless you wear one fulltime. But you can travel wearing one and you won't be asked to remove it, or anything else - they are trained to look for key facial features. You're more likely to get the comment 'I'm sorry Madam, have you brought your husband's passport?'
    Last edited by Nicki B; 09-05-2008 at 06:47 PM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]