Thread: Shopping online?

Shopping online?

Hi girls! I've gotten the dressing bug all of a sudden again now that I am finally about to be out on my own for the first time, and have no idea where to start. I don't have the courage to go out to stores as a guy to but undies, clothes, makeup, etc yet and was wanting to try shopping online first and hopefully getting a taste of having my own clothes will help me shed my inhibitions at little so I can go out in person. I've heard stories here of girls finding great deals and it all seems like it's as easy as walking into the local store on the corner and buying whatever you want. The only thing is I've also heard stories just as bad where the wrong thing was shipped, returning something, and even where nothing was shipped at all. I'm also worried about how it will show up on a credit card bill since I don't have a credit card in my own name (my parents are co-signers and get a copy of the bill ) so that probably axes online shopping all together huh? Well, I'm sure I'll come up with tons more questions and will try to add them when they come to mind. I just want to say that this place has been a lifesaver even in the short time I've been here. Everyone is so helpful and seems genuinely concerned, which is pretty rare from what I've experienced. Thanks a bunch!

Online shopping

Actually shopping online is not any different than shopping in the stores. When it shows up o your card it just shows up as a charge from what ever site you buy from. Like if you buy from pennies then it will say you spent x amount at pennies not you baught panties and bra. The only sites that you have to worry about are the ones that cater to just womens clothes. And as far as getting the wrong thing is concerned. All you have to do is make sure that you deal with a reputable site and that shouldn't be a problem. I did get the wrong thing once from a site but that was only because they were out of what I ordered so they sent me the next best thing and as soon as the item I ordered was back in stock they sent me that oe to. I have also ordered from ebay using paypal and had no problems. Either with what showed up on my card or with what i was shipped.

But i so far as going to an actual store. All you have to do is be calm and go in with the mind set that you belong there as much as the next person. In todays society men buy clothes and makeup for their wives and girlfriends all the time. I have even seen guys buying feminine products and no one even batted an eye.
    Once in a while I get a strange look from a fem customer when I go alone to buy fem clothes but not often and usually when I do its from an older woman who is still of the mind that unmentionables are not to be seen, not even buy their husbands.
    But if you can't start with something like panties then try starting with something like a t-shirt and skirt which is usually close to the outside of the ladies department or some other smal item that won't take you very far into the department or go early in the morning when the store first opens or late at night just before it closes so that there aren't very many people there when you go and it should make it a little easier to deal with.
    Believe me I was really freaked out when I went the first time to buy for myself but it does get easier every time you do it.
    But in any case good luck and let me know how it is going. Abd feel free to email me any time if you would like to chat or just have a concern that you want to express.

Anna

Aspiring Member
    Hi Kristi,

With your card statement going to your parents too, I think I would bite the bullet, pick up some cash & go to a department store (I'm not comfortable in exclusive girlie stores) and go and buy there and then. Anna's idea of picking something close to the entrance is a good one. Maybe go in one day, have a look around as you walk through the store, then walk straight out again, having decided what you want. Then go back in the following day, straight to what you know you want. All you have to look for then is the size (you can get that by measuring yourself and going to the online stores for a size chart if you don't know your size.

All the time your in the store (and even while your on your way there & back if need be) tell yourself your buying for your GF.

Hope you are successful and enjoy.

Another suggestion is to buy from a large chain, such as Penny's, that have an online catalogue. Here's what you do:
    Pick out what you want from the catalogue, then order it COD pick-up at your nearest store (both Sears and Pennys do this, as well as many others). Order under your fem name, but give an incorrect address (so the arrival notice isn't sent to your parents). Pick up the package at the store, and if the clerk asks if this is the correct order, simply look dumb (ie male) and say you have no idea, you're just picking it up.

Worked for me the first time I bought a bra and panty set (now I just go in and buy it ... if they ask I tell them it's for me).

Sherry

I have been buying stuff on ebay for a while and just recently began picking things up in drab at Walmart.

Sherry, I like your idea of ordering COD pick-up, wish I had thought of that.
    H & K
    Jenny K

Thanks for all the help girls! I'd never thought of doing the COD thing, but sounds like it's the way to go, at least at first. I'll see what I can do and keep you all posted.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

It Gets So Much Easier

I'll also vouch for the COD routine at Penney's, I bought my first pair of heels that way! It's been a while since I had to resort to those techniques - the good news is, once you get your first outfit together and psyche yourself into going out, shopping is a breeze! After all, there's nothing stressful or odd about shopping for women's clothing when you look like a woman! It's so much fun to pick out three or four skirts and try them on in the changing room. If this seems too daunting, just remember to keep your receipts and don't tear the tags off until you get home to make sure everything fits. As for shoes, I'm now a huge fan of Payless - they're cheap, they have a great selection of wide styles, and you don't have to cope with a shoe salesman (I'm good, but not that good!) Ask Windy

Shopping FUN!

Hon,
    Shopping on line can be great. Ebay has hundreds of stores with wigs, clothes, makeup, jewelry, and every accessory one can dream of. I have about 10 favorite stores if you want to email me. Also, most wig stores in your area have woman that are very sweet and understanding...just walk in nand try some on so you get an idea of the style your face needs... they WILL help you! Also, shopping online is as easy as a money order and a mailbox
    Last edited by Darby; 07-06-2004 at 05:44 PM. Reason: wanted to add something else
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Thumbs up Send Me Your Links List Darby...

Quote Originally Posted by Darby
    Hon,
    Shopping on line can be great. Ebay has hundreds of stores with wigs, clothes, makeup, jewelry, and every accessory one can dream of. I have about 10 favorite stores if you want to email me. Also, most wig stores in your area have woman that are very sweet and understanding...just walk in nand try some on so you get an idea of the style your face needs... they WILL help you! Also, shopping online is as easy as a money order and a mailbox
    Hey Darby,

I know your comments weren't directed towards me, but I'm hot and heavy into shopping for a weekend that's about a month away right now, so I've been googling my ass off looking for clothes (specifically dresses), shoes, and lingerie.

I'd be greatly appreciative to get your links as a comparison to what I've already been doing. My e-mail addy is prominently displayed in my profile...give me a jingle...

Thanks sweetie!

Kisses,

Maddy

atropicaldress

Online shopping a breeze..

I sell on ebay all the time.It is easy and secure way to buy just about anything you every want .Most sellers accept paypal which is a very secure way of paying with your credit card but if you don't want to get that involved or are afraid of online shopping like most people are at first then not to worry as most all the sellers on ebay will take a money order.So no trails just a discreet package sent to your house with what ever it is you are looking for and believe me on ebay you can find everything your heart desires..

atropicaldress

power seller on ebay

I hope you check out my stuff on ebay I sell alot of dresses on ebay and you might find something you like! atropicaldress

Quote Originally Posted by Darby
    Hon,

atropicaldress

wallyworld

Walmart ugggg........come check out my stuff on ebay! Add a little color to your life! Walmart is ok for some basic things but it's just so run of the mill.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny_k78
    I have been buying stuff on ebay for a while and just recently began picking things up in drab at Walmart.

Sherry, I like your idea of ordering COD pick-up, wish I had thought of that.

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Thumbs down Thank You, But Don't Cross A Line Please...

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your complimentary words and I really appreciate your efforts, but I would ask one thing of you...do not use this forum as a personal platform for sales.

I think commenting in this specific thread is appropriate, and making specific suggestions of assistance are always going to be appreciated, but I personally don't think continuing to "sell" your clothes in this forum is appropriate.

We all know how to Google and eBay (and if we don't there is plenty of great guidance in these threads), but I come here to get away from pop-up ads and spam mail. Your use of this forum as a direct marketing and sales strategy is savvy and commendable, but please do not wear out your welcome here.

I've reviewed your website and your clothes are not in keeping with my personal taste, but I do not begrudge anyone who is interested in what you have to offer.

I will say no more other than to let you know that IMO, this community is an on-going development of sisterhood, faith, and trust, and that should be respected. I would ask that you offer advice and assistance (especially from a GG perspective), but continual references and "pitches" to secure sales in other threads outside of this one will not be appreciated, nor will continued negative comments towards other retail establishments. It's possible that Wal-Mart is all a new CD can afford at the time, so why put that decision down only to enhance your sales position? I'm a saleswoman by profession, so I really don't need an answer to that question as its rhetorical in nature and I think everyone here knows the answer.

Maybe I'm alone in these thoughts and I hope my gf's here will tell me one way or the other, but I'd rather do my on-line shopping on my own terms rather than have members hawking goods while I'm trying to get to know people or socialize here.

Whether you agree or not, I hope you can understand my position regarding this matter. Thanks and good luck with your business...

Kisses,

Madilyn

Call me Charlotte softandsmooth's Avatar

My opinions mirrors Madilyn's

Hi Mary,

I find myself agreeing whole-heartedly with Madilyn.

While your comments on this thread are welcomed, I don't think that this forum is an appropriate place to pitch your wares.

You are a retailer with an on-line presence? Wonderful!

You also market your goods through EBAY? Congatulations! It appears that you have been successful.

I just checked and every one of your first 6 posts have mentioned that you sell stuff. As far as I am concerned, you can stop spamming the threads anytime.

Charlotte
    Last edited by softandsmooth; 07-06-2004 at 08:32 PM.

atropicaldress

Nuf said I won't say a word!

Ok not a word more about selling anything I'll just enjoy the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn
    Hi Mary,

Thank you for your complimentary words and I really appreciate your efforts, but I would ask one thing of you...do not use this forum as a personal platform for sales.

I think commenting in this specific thread is appropriate, and making specific suggestions of assistance are always going to be appreciated, but I personally don't think continuing to "sell" your clothes in this forum is appropriate.

We all know how to Google and eBay (and if we don't there is plenty of great guidance in these threads), but I come here to get away from pop-up ads and spam mail. Your use of this forum as a direct marketing and sales strategy is savvy and commendable, but please do not wear out your welcome here.

I've reviewed your website and your clothes are not in keeping with my personal taste, but I do not begrudge anyone who is interested in what you have to offer.

I will say no more other than to let you know that IMO, this community is an on-going development of sisterhood, faith, and trust, and that should be respected. I would ask that you offer advice and assistance (especially from a GG perspective), but continual references and "pitches" to secure sales in other threads outside of this one will not be appreciated, nor will continued negative comments towards other retail establishments. It's possible that Wal-Mart is all a new CD can afford at the time, so why put that decision down only to enhance your sales position? I'm a saleswoman by profession, so I really don't need an answer to that question as its rhetorical in nature and I think everyone here knows the answer.

Maybe I'm alone in these thoughts and I hope my gf's here will tell me one way or the other, but I'd rather do my on-line shopping on my own terms rather than have members hawking goods while I'm trying to get to know people or socialize here.

Whether you agree or not, I hope you can understand my position regarding this matter. Thanks and good luck with your business...

Kisses,

Madilyn

atropicaldress

I won't wear out my welcome!

Sorry to come on so strong! Accept my apology!
    Quote Originally Posted by softandsmooth
    Hi Mary,

I find myself agreeing whole-heartedly with Madilyn.

While your comments on this thread are welcomed, I don't think that this forum is an appropriate place to pitch your wares.

You are a retailer with an on-line presence? Wonderful!

You also market your goods through EBAY? Congatulations! It appears that you have been successful.

I just checked and every one of your first 6 posts have mentioned that you sell stuff. As far as I am concerned, you can stop spamming the threads anytime.

Charlotte

I'm afraid I must agree ... this is not the place to hawk your wares. I think it's OK to mention you sell clothes, or whatever ... once. I personally woudn't mind supporting a sister in her efforts, but it seems that is your main interests in the forum, and that is not the intent of this site.

Perhaps a section for links would be nice, where CD friendly stores could be listed?

Sherry

Likes Cuddles

Shopping

Be careful of the advice you heed here.

I have discovered that both JC Penny and Sears have items on line that just aren't available at their brick and morter shops; and in fact they are "on line specials".

I shop online extensively and have never had a problem not receiving or recieving the wrong item, but then I don't shop at eBay either. I stick the reputable stores(Best Buy, Curcuit City, Sears, PC Penny) for the most part. But I have found HSN and QVC to be as reliable as they others and even some speciality shopps for my really frilly things.

I found that when going out to shop, I am more comfortable shopping for womens clothes 'dressed' than as a man though.

It's true that many items on the online catalogue are "online only" or on special sale, but they are usually marked as such. Most of the basic things, lingerie and such, are available at the stores. It has been a while since I did the COD thing, but I really don't see a problem; but it is true, I'm sure, that there is not as good a selection as at the stores, and possibly even different styles. I still think it is a good way to get started.

Sherry

Thanks for all of the suggestions and the words of caution. I'm just wanting to use this as a "test", and see if I truly will enjoy it [dressing] as much as I hope I will, which if is the case will lead to me probably immediately going out and shopping in person.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Thumbs up

Good luck, Kristi! Please don't let our petty little bickering detract you from doing what is right for you.

Sometimes dressing is just a curiosity, and a short fling is enough to satisfy, but if you find you have a real need to express your femininity, please know that there are others out there (and here) anxious to help.

Sexuality is a continuam, like a curving line. When we speak of CD, TG, etc they are only language labels. There are folks who only want to occasionally wear panties under their male clothes, to men who dress 24/7; and everything in-between. Where one falls on that line depends on your needs and comfort level. And that may very well change as you become acquanted with your "other self".

Please keep us posted on how you're doing ... we are all genuinly interested.

Sherry