Thread: No longer "Damaged Goods"

No longer "Damaged Goods"

For so many years I felt there was something wrong with me. I sought a cure. I hid my guilty desires. I thought my core was rotten. I lied, deceived and had secrets from those closest to me. It hurt me inside to be who I was.

I now feel that being a guy who needs to express femininity is a blessing and not a curse.
    I now feel "normal" (and Amanda has had a HUGE influence and so has the reaction of acceptance from work colleagues).
    I am not a bad person, just because I resonate to femininity.

With help I have accepted myself. I have found that having done that, "the world" may not always understand me and may be confused by me, but more and more I am accepted and welcomed and received as I present.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs seems to be true for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mirani; 09-05-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: edit attachment
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I'm happy for you
    "I know perfectly well I'm not where I should be"

Life is better and better as I have come to accept myself for what I am. I am not proud to be a crossdresser, nor am I ashamed, it is simply a part of my being, just as I have blue eyes. I am happy being myself. Self acceptance may be the key to happiness.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Yes, yes, yes, I so agree with that sentiment.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    I now feel that being a guy who needs to express femininity is a blessing and not a curse.
    I now feel "normal". With help I have accepted myself.
    It's taken me years to get to that stage. We all have bad days when it seems "this" is causing us problems, but mostly it is nice to be comfortable within your own skin. I now have confidence that I never felt before. I think that as Sally I am even more outgoing than S*****.
    Sally

Good for you Mirani, I'm glad to hear that you have found not only acceptance in yourself but from those around you! I hope things only get better for you, best wishes Lisa.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    it is nice to be comfortable within your own skin. I now have confidence that I never felt before.
    Yes! It is GREAT to be comfortable within ourselves!!!! It surely does take a long time to get there for so many of us, but it IS worth the effort!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Good for you Mirani I have alway feel good about myself dressing it just alway felt rigth to dress As my wife says it who I am. Iwish more of us could get over the bad thoughts of themselfs and just by happy in there life.
    Angie

Too soon old and too late smart!