Thread: It's easier

Semi Sane innocent angel

It's easier

I know some of you girls hate the gay label, but for me its easier to be thought of as guy, then trying to explain why I act the way I do. Instead of saying I'm not a gay male. Lesbian female .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Banned Read only
    Sometimes we can give people too much information and it overwhelms and confuses them. Sometimes it may be better to give them information that they can understand, even though it may be only 80% to 90% true. Then, when the dust has settled, go back and fine tune what you told them. I think the processing time in between can be very useful.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    I know some of you girls hate the gay label, but for me its easier to be thought of as guy, then trying to explain why I act the way I do. Instead of saying I'm not a gay male. Lesbian female .

This is a tough one. It may be easier to just let them think you're gay (if you are that's fine), but it also perpetuates the myth that exists in the minds of the uninformed that all CDers are gay. If you tell them you're a lesbian female then you're just confirming another of the myths that all CDers want to be women. The general public has a very hard time getting their minds around the idea that not all CDers are gay or want to have SRS. So what is the answer? If the individual appears to be receptive to education, then educate them. Educational materials are abundant, from scientific studies to books such as Out & About: The Emancipated Crossdresser. If they are closed minded then there's nothing you can do and it is best to "cast not your pearls before swine".
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

I am not "Gay." I am a man!

The other day while I was doing some shopping, a lady asked me why I was wearing a skirt! She followed that question by also asking if it was because I was gay!

My reply was, "you are wearing long pants, are you a lesbian?" She was obviusly offended and said, "no of course not! I wear ladies pants because I like to wear them." I told her, "Pants were made for men, not women. But women wear them all the time. I like to wear skirts because they are comfortable. Does that make me gay?" She said, "Well, you are at least honest about it, and you don't seem embarrassed." I just told her that I was not the least bit embarressed.

BTW, for those who don't know me, I frequently go out in public dressed totally enfemme, but without a wig or makeup. In other words, very definitely a guy in a skirt and wearing a bra. (natural 40 B's)

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

it's a label i can live with no big deal ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm bi-sexual, probably like the rest of us. Its doesn't matter.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Well let my explain a few things. I have some what long hair for a black mail. My eye brows are always perfectly shaped . I also have acrylic nails that very from 1/2- 1 inch length. I have very little facial hair that I am having removed .

I've be referred to as effeminate male to very flamboyant at time. It does not help that I have had discussions with the women at work on make up and various tips and tricks on how to apply it.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

I have always known I am a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I am not "Gay." I am a man!
    Gay men are men, Stephanie
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ivy
    This is my own personal opinion, but I don't ever refer to myself as lesbian. I have a few lesbian friends, and they've had to deal with issues and laws that go beyond my identity. I'm tickled when they refer to me as their "honorary lesbian", but I leave it at that.

This topic comes up so much here. Stephanie explained it to one stranger who now might see things differently. Yes, it's a pain to have to keep repeating it, but for every person you enlighten, that's one person less all of the rest of us have to explain it to.

Just tell them to rent Ed Wood.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    You know I would love to walking to work wearing a T-shirt say yes I'm transgender , or one that says transgenders, the best reality show there is.

Well, I am ts. I don't really care if anyone thinks I am gay or straight. Until the far side of my srs, I am not sure whether I will be a straight woman or a gay one. I don't care either way, I will do whatever makes me happy, and people can think what they want. None of their business anyway.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    In an Ideal world it is none of their business, but when you have to interact with folks it is of some concern. Yes in ideal world me being TS should not have an effect but it does. Being stuck in a quasi state does not help much either

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Gay men are men, Stephanie
    You are right, of course. I should have looked closer at what I said!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

If I get down about it I like to think"I'm happy where I'm at with it,if they have a need to know more about me,let them ask and be accepting.