Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your girl voice. No Change or Change?

Your girl voice. No Change or Change?

My personal choice is no change but when I was talking to another CD girl I started talking a touch more femmy. I did't mind this.

However when talking to other people, guys or gals, I prefered not to change my voice at all. I don't really want to sound like a women I guess. I just want to look like one at my liesure. Wierd hey?

I'm the same way.

I used the same voice only softer..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My voice gets really relaxed and sounds fem even when I am home and sometimes I when I am on the telephone and the utilities company Ladies have a hard time trying to identify wheter I am a woman or a male Joann0830

hey karen is that a Nuns outfit, I might do the same thing for halloween but you need the glasses on the tip of your nose like the Nums I remember in grammer school. You look Great!!
    Last edited by Joann0830; 10-13-2008 at 12:04 AM.

I've actually had a girl voice for quite some time, without even working on it or trying too had, and even while I wasn't doing any CD. It developed on its own by me singing along with songs I like. I've got a rather deep voice, even for a guy, and when it gets taped and I hear it later I have a hard time believing it's me. But when I sing along with a female singer, I naturally try to match her voice, because it just doesn't sound right to me singing in my voice most of the time.

As a result, I learned how to produce a much more feminine voice by shifting where the sound comes from. By making the sound come more from the back of my throat instead of down in my vocal chords, there's less resonance (which sounds more feminine) and it's easier for me to produce higher pitches too. I haven't ever tried practicing a female voice much, but I think all it would really take is to find a pitch that felt/sounded natural, since I've already unintentionally figured out how to change my resonance.

As for dressing, I think that if I ever went out dressed, I'd definitely use a girl voice. I think I'd just be too shy to use my normal one, and I think it would look really weird to have my deep, firm voice coming from such a petite lady. It's probably already a little weird to hear it coming from my small frame as a guy!

I try to use my natural voice which is a medium tone, but I soften the volume and raise my pitch just a little. I also use care with my vocabulary and with expressions that I think are more common to women than to men. I practice saying very common things like "hello," "how are you," "bye bye," and others so that they rise in pitch and inflection just a little at the end of expressions. All of these are VERY minor adjustments because I don't want to sound affected.
    Just my thoughts.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    What karren said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My voice is actually really weird, or so doctors tell me. Apparently, it resonates in my throat, which makes for a deep,organ like sound. Really weird. Anyways. I had a lot of problems with "changing" my voice until I took some acting classes on it...not too hard now but it feels weird not having my throat echo..
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

i have a low, deep voice, kinda like Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs, kinda hard to change a voice, you girls got any advice for a younger early 20's CDer?
    When swimming in a see of lies, one needs to go fishing for the truth

I like that.

I like the idea-- same voice but softer. I'll try that.

Unsure if this is the right way to describe it but I raise my voice an octave and soften it slightly which works well enough to give me pretty much zero insecurity when I go out. If you try to go too far with this, the voice will sound unnatural and too swishy.

Keep in mind that if you simply soften things too much, people won't hear you when you speak. I have a good friend who was working on her voice. We'd be in the quiet of a Starbucks and sometimes I could barely hear her.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

If ones not all that concerned about passing It doesn't matter much.
    Angie

Since I'm way in the closet, behind the old catchers mitt and old 45's, I never worked on my fem voice.. and so as I am writing this I am writing with the most manly of voice in my typing.. no attempt to fem my voice for this or any of the responses on this site..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

for me instead of speaking from my diaphragm, which gives that lower tone, I learned to speak from my head. odd to describe but think of the sound coming from the back of your head instead of your throat. anyone who's had voice lessons can describe it better than me

I would love to have a softer voice. When I listen to me I sound high but everyone says I have a deeper voice. So I don't worry about it I just talk as I always do. I have heard a lot of woman with deep voices. I don't go out that much so I don't think about it much.

Work in progress fluffy_kingston's Avatar
    I've been working on my voice some. Trying to go just a little higher in pitch and add some breathiness.

I try sometimes to get a girly voice, but the best i,ve managed so far sounds like Marlene Dietrich with asthma

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Did the voice training thing... But I'm really quiet... Kind of Willow in Buffy quiet... In fact rooms hush when I speak in the vain hope of catching a word or two...

Whisper Golightly
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yes, that is what I do too.
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

separate and different

I belong to the group here interested in being comfortable in both genders. For me that has evolved to mean that my male and female selves are more and more different people. It was easy to see that we like different things and are interested in different activities/actions/interests.

Since I, like most of us, spend so much time in presenting a female presence when en femme, and knowing how much that changes us mentally (read the current thread on breastform addiction to see what I mean), it became clear quickly that a different voice would be the logical progression. My wife commented early in Tina's existence that her voice was softer than his, even without Tina trying to be different. Now she wants a very different voice by is not quite sure how to accomplish it since forcing it means it can't be sustained. But a different voice, for me, really adds to that which is Tina.

Tina

I haven't worked on the voice yet, but it is on the list after getting better with makeup and learning how to make my wigs look more natural. Oh, and dropping 10 pounds so I have a waist again. Of course I could try all those things together I suppose.

Dee

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    I'm the same way. I don't want to change my voice to match my appearance/clothes. I don't even want to change my attitude to being more feminine or passable. I want to look and dress like a woman, but I don't want to fully feel like one, either.

In my opinion, I think the general public tends to be more accepting if you are acting natural and confident. If they read you as male, and then hear you using an obviously fake voice, it just gives people more reasons to think this is all a game.

I think that just using a softer version of your regular voice is the best.

Banned Read only

The Same Voice

I nerve had to try and change my voice, I do have one of those so called girlie voices.

LA CINDY LOVE

I change my voice when in public (which is often) otherwise I believe I would be read too quickly. I am told I have a passing look so I don't want to negate that with a distinctive male voice. I practice speaking from the back of my throat with a softer tone and some inflections. It seems to have worked for me as I don't seem to get any strange reactions when they hear my voice and I have been told by my gf that I sound female when I speak.

Love, Laura