Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying Dressed

Flying Dressed.

I have flown a dozen or more times fully expressed. El Paso, Texas, Las Vegas, NV. Chicago, both airports, Dallas, Texas, both airports. Never any problems. I keep no back up clothes or emergency plan. I chat with whomever is sitting next to me. One gentleman was very gallant and explained a lot about the airplane and airport to me! With one lady, we compared experiences with the crowd in the Ladies Room. Another gentleman offered to buy me a drink! Like ankle strap shoes, I do not recommend high heel boots. Those concorses can be very long and those boots are not easily removed at the check points.
    I once set the alarm off with the wire in the brim of my hat and another time with a clunky bracelet that I had forgotten I was wearing. I love to fly enfemme and do so every chance I get.
    Hugs,
    Tootsye

Well, I was going to consolidate a list of airports that have proven themselves to be tolerant, but it seems that is just not feasible. Given the responses I've received not only here, but on my Yahoo 360, My Space, and Flickr pages, it seems that MOST of the major US airports (and quite a few in other countries) have already been used by one or two of us fully dressed, with no problems noted.

I was just laughing with my wife that the airlines might be in for more than they
    bargained for this week with SCC going on. I've lost count of the number of TGirls that have emailed me for advice because they are going to fly to SCC dressed!

Let's rack up those frequent Flier miles ladies! :-)

I have flown underdressed and dressed the rest of the way at the hotel, but I have never flown en femme. Kudos to you, Kimberly.

I too have flown dressed a couple of times in Australia. First time was from Brisbane to Perth, and the second was from Perth to Melbourne.

On the flight from Brisbane, I was dressed in a black leather skirt, black leather jacket, black top and tights. I was a little worried whether it was a good idea or not, so I rang Qantas. They reassured me that there would be no problem. There wasn't. Was smiled at check in and then again through security. Then sat in the Qantas lounge. THought I got a few looks, but perhaps they were admiring the stunning legs on the smartly dressed lady. I was too busy reading the paper to notice or worry.

On the flight to Melbourne, I was wearing a smart skirt suit. When I got to the front of the queue at check in, the nice man (who was obvoiusly gay) asked for my ID, then said, Oooh, that doesn't look anything like you! Got a giggle out of me. Once again, no problems at all. THis time a friend met me at Tullarmarine.

I do not attempt to conceal my identity, look people in the eye when needed and try to exude confidence. Sometimes the confidence bit is hard when you're nervous, but after a while I relax into the role and it seems to become easier.

Professional Socialite
    Hello :> first post here :> I am a TSA Officer myself and you CAN take forms with you. There is no problem at all with that :> and as far as flying en femme all the officers at every airport has been trained in dealing with TG issues and according to TSA regulations they are to treat the passenger as the gender they present themselves to be, so if you dress en femme while flying you will be treated as a GG and be screened by a female officer. the gels in forms are considered a medical device by TSA and will not be affected at all :> Hope this helps if you have any questions regarding TSA and flying I will be happy to answer anything :>

Ashlyee

Flying Dressed

I have first hand information that when flying dressed it is not illegal or considered a threat. Although you and your bags must be screened as any other passengers. When a "special" girl comes through the checkpoint it brightens up the checkpoint and gives the other travellers and TSA something to take their minds off of the monotony and discomfort of screening and being screened.
    Shawna