Thread: from boy to girl to boy

from boy to girl to boy

i wanted to post this here for your input.
    are you up for giving some advice. i got a problem only in Canada ..
    it seems we have a two tier government Federal that run all of Canada. and province.

the provincial level i am legally Marissa cannon .. but the federal level i am still Paul cannon .

the federal government runs the immigration and passport they said they can't let me change my " male as in Paul " documents until i have had my srs surgery so i can't travel as Marissa.
    but there is nothing stopping me from traveling as " Paul " this makes no sense.
    i was at immigration yesterday and no one at the office can tell me what to do ..

so the problem is I've booked my trip to scc in Atlanta as Marissa here's the thing i have to travel as Paul ...
    thats a problem as i don't look like my old pictures..
    so i am off to get me a outfit and tie for my flight to Atlanta

this seems real bad idea .

as anyone else had this problem ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Can you get new passport pictures? Just tie your hair back in a ponytail or something?

You could try to get something official from your doctor to cover any ID discrepancies...
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

I'd suggest the same thing. Don't alter your appearance for the trip, just make sure your ID is your current picture, whatever the name is.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Try another office. Did you ask in person or did mail the forms off and they said no ??
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

That seems really messed up.
    I'm scared now, as I live in Canada..

Don't put yourself through looking wrong just for one trip. Ditto what the others say, chainge your pasport photo (they can't argue about that, surly) or just turn up looking jourself, male pasport. If it's definatly you they can hardly refuse you entry 'cos they don't like your cloths now, can they?
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Banned Read only
    This sounds wrong, MJ...

Think of our American and Australian travelin' girls who fly all the time with male ID's. Aside from being questioned once or twice, they've had no difficulties at all!

This is worth a phone call or two to the federal office for clarificatin. I woudn't rely solely on the word of some know-nothing clerk in one small office.

Get the answer you want, then insist on paperwork to back it up if you're questioned at immigration.

Possible a Canadian GLBT org may also have the answer and the references to the right federal documentation to back you up, too.

Thank you all . my passport is British so there is no way i can get it done in 3 weeks this has been on going for almost two years now .

i think a trip to the air port and talk with the front line people they should know if not Paul can fly down it's like nobody know anything..

when i get back i will apply for a Canadian passport and see what happens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]