Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talked with Teenagers!

Talked with Teenagers!

[SIZE=4]Yesterday I was shopping in Northgate Mall, a Seattle staple for mall shoppers. As I was working my way through Nordstrom's, (MAC counter, shoes, shoes, shoes) I noticed a group of 5 teen-aged girls watching me intently. At first I made a quick run-through of how I looked to figure out what they were so intently looking at. Then when I normally would have scurried away, I put on a big smile and walked right over to them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Now typically people that have figured out what you are freeze up when confronted, but these girls just started talking and asking questions. "Wow, where did you get that top?", "Did you get those shoes here? and on and on. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I realized that they had not made me but were more interested in my outfit. Sorta mixed feelings but very happy that I had pased with teens. I told them I got the top at Papaya's, just down the mall last week and the shoes were from Nordstorm's Rack in Alderwood. As we were talking one of them got a big-ass grin on her face and just stood there smiling at me. I asked her name, Amanda, and asked her what she was smiling at. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]She informed me that she knew who I was! OK, I bit and asked her. She said her roommate had my picture on the refrigerator and that she had gone to beauty school with me. Then she turned to her friends and explained the whole crossdressing movement to her friends, mounths now open, all of them walking around me like a prize cow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]What a hoot. Here is this cute teen telling five other teens about crossdressing, that a lot of men do it, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now I just had to answer questions for the next 20 minutes about this and that. Then I invited them to coffee at the Starbucks next to Nordstroms and we sat and talked like 6 women for an hour. Talk about progressive girls, these were pretty typical girls out for the day shopping and they ran into me. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]After an hour of talk, each girl gave me a hug and waved by. I felt that I had done my part that day for crossdressing around here. Then I went off to look at the shoe sale rack again. Didn't buy any shoes but Papaya's was still having a sale, so..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Pictures are of the outfit I wore yesterday are attached.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis, just doing her part for CDs,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Wow thats quite an adventure with a happy conclusion

It just shows your colleague at beauty shool must have done some educating of the teenager who was informing the rest of the group

I am so glad you had such a great time talking with them

Well done on being brave enough to approach them to begin with and helping with the understanding of crossdressing
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Well done Tamara, sounds like a dream...not many of us would have the confidence to carry it off!

Outstanding!!!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Wow Tam, great work and great look. Actually you could pass as a twin for my next door neighbor Jenn.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What a wonderful story! And there's nothing more important than educating young people. Good job!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Well done Very important to educate and you did an outstanding job
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Woo Tamara, that was just a nice story to read and have them understand. It was nice to see they took interest and sat to talk. Don't see that to often today. Seems that people want to judge to fast (the outside cover) than open the book and see what is inside. Know what I mean. Hope you always have a great time like that. Great story.

great job thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ivy
    Yay Tami! Your 'do looks gorgeous by the way.

Girl talk AND the Nordstrom Rack? I am so jealous!

How neat is that??? Your story brought a smile to my face this morning
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    What a wonderful shopping adventure, proving that you are very comfortable and confident in who you are. Sometimes we are confronted and fear the worst, but this was a very informed meeting for both sides! Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing that Tami, it brought me a much needed smile. It's great you took the opportunity to help educate them. It's things like this that IMO do the most good for all of us.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Tami you look fantastic as usual and it's no surprise the teens didn't make you. Good job with the education of them. Hopefully it will spread. You are such a good representative of us. May need to put your picture on my refrigerator.

That hair looks fabulous on you!!

You've done us all a great service! Thanks! Your courage amazes me.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Kudos, Tamara! You are a great example for all of us and a great representative for our community! Keep up the good work!

Hugs!
    Last edited by TommiTN; 09-11-2008 at 01:26 PM.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I can't add anything to what has already been said. You handled it perfectly Tam; another small battle "won" for our side. It's going to take a lot of encounters just like yours...but, there is hope!

Just goes to prove that what we "anticipate," is often quite different from The Reality. Would every encounter with Teen Queens end up this way? Who knows, but you sure made this isolated episode turn out to be superb.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-11-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Great job and an outstanding adventure. Wish I had the nurve to do something like that. By the way you make a beautiful woman that will be hard to beat.

Wow, now how cool is that??!! Way to go Tamara, way to go!

Hi Tamara..

You look absolutely lovely..such a classy Lady...no wonder they were admiring you...
    See I told you you are amazing..
    The tale was great reading..and you tell it with a sense of accomplishment..but what I think is cool beaners was the fact that your picture was posted on the roommate's,a former classmate, refrigerator...you've got "groupies" Tamara..and well you should ..
    You are an excellent mentor..

Thank you for sharing..
    Blessings,
    Majestyk's Lady

Gold Member
    To be able to walk up to a group of teenage ladies and talk to them takes courage most of us don't have. And they were cool.
    It just goes to show how powerful confidence is.
    And, since their probably first encounter with a CD was a good one, they will probably have a good opinion of us.

So yeah thanks from the community
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Way to go! Cool story and nice pictures to boot.

Smile Wow!

[SIZE="4"]A great story, Tami. This is what I long to do; to educate others about crossdressing and represent us in a positive light. Well done and so happy you had a great time. I love the top you are wearing in the pics, too.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    You never know what someone else is thinking unless you ask!

Now what are the chances that one girl knew (of) you? 1 in 10,000? Maybe not even that good. Not only did her friend graduate with you in her beauty class, She remembered you from the pic! Way cool!

Great job the way you took control of the situation. Love the idea to get some coffee too. Next time I'm out, maybe I'll consider educating some people.

Hugs - Genifer