Thread: Personal Accomplishment

Personal Accomplishment

Ok I admit it, I make a better looking woman without added weight. Actually having hips and not emulating the pregnant look works better for me. So last year I ut on some weight, about 40 pounds worth. I swore at the mother inlaw's lying scale but I knew it was true regardless. The cause I realized was sitting for 8 hours a day at a helpdesk eating cheetos. I gave away my favorite patent leather corset, with the fear that at 40 I'd never be able to take the weight off and would never fit in it again.

Fast forward 6 months.No longer working in the same place, and more active daily ( bicycling or walking instead of a bus or cab) and as of yesterday I have dropped down to about 163, right around my goal and a drop of 37 pounds since spring. Any thinner I look like a stick. Now I regret giving my boyfriend that corset.... it would fit now.Too bad I cant afford to go corset shopping as my other one is now ....too big.Sigh

Proud of you. You know better than to give away good girly clothes. Keep up the good work and good luck on finding another good corset.

hmm bit*h .. .. 163 good job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amanda - I have lost about 35 pounds (I had lost another 10 but gained it back), but 16X is my goal and I have another 40-45 pounds to go.

It is a LOT easier to put weight back on than to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Thomas View Post
    Amanda - I have lost about 35 pounds (I had lost another 10 but gained it back), but 16X is my goal and I have another 40-45 pounds to go.

It is a LOT easier to put weight back on than to lose it.
    Isn't that the truth.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I am totally green with envy! Even if you did lose a great corset, 37 Lbs is a great accomplishment!
    Tina B.

Great job Amanda,37 Pd's is alot.How are you going to keep it off.As soon as I slack on exercising, mine is climbing back up again.

Good for you Amanda you go girl.
    Angie

Geeeeeeze Amanda, you rock,keep up the good work!!!!Jenn
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Excellent!! Good job in sticking with your weightloss plan.

Fantastic, any particular regimen, diet or exercise, or just being good?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats great to hear way to go.
    Its tough but well worth it.

What are you all doing to lose all this weight. I am having the worst time trying to lose weight. Please help ya sista out!!

Well done, thats quite an acheivement!
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

i will buy you one,lol

Just in case you don't hear it enough -- and you probably don't, given the effort that much weight loss takes -- congratulations, and I'm very, very proud of you. You look fabulous!

I've lost 34 pounds this summer, and on my small frame it's made a difference, let me tell ya. Not only do I feel better and feel better about myself, it dramatically improves the CDing experience. Clothes are much easier to buy and look so much better, and the overall femininity is so much more convincing. Passing by the mirror is so much more fun now! And I've noticed a difference in how people react and interact with me. I'm sure you've seen the same things.

And let me tell ya, 40 may seem old to you, but you are smart to do this at your age. As you get older and your metabolism slows even more, it just gets harder to shed weight and get in shape. So no backsliding, okay? Take it off and keep it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Great job Amanda,37 Pd's is alot.How are you going to keep it off.As soon as I slack on exercising, mine is climbing back up again.
    Great question. I haven't reached my target yet (6 more pounds to go!), but my hope and plan is that once I hit it, I can switch to maintenance mode by cutting the exercise regime back from 90 - 120 minutes 5 days a week to 60 minutes 3 days a week. But I also have to build a little more exercise into my normal habits -- stairs instead of elevators, that sort of thing . Plus, I know and embrace the fact that the diet thing requires a genuine and permanent lifestyle change ... and any time I cheat, I have to go work it off. That's a pretty good motivator to keep it real.

Thanks for all the lovely compliments! I'm even more proud of Tobie/tierganshaw who though the same method has lost double what I have ( over a slightly longer period). She credits having the support more than anything.

Okay since a few have asked, there's no secret method we use. I know for myself I've cut out alot of snacks in the evenings at the same time I've increased physical activity. I bike alot ( or did until some jerk stole it off my porch labour day) and the two of us are on our feet constantly. We've walked the 10 miles home from downtown before. Could have taken a bus but enjoyed the time.
    Diet wise we've dropped the box foods and adjusted to one high in protein and low in carbs with some veggies to even things out. If I had to pick something, it's the activity level. And i love to bike even if I'll never do it in a dress.

Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by kinkedamanda View Post
    Thanks for all the lovely compliments! I'm even more proud of Tobie/tierganshaw who though the same method has lost double what I have ( over a slightly longer period). She credits having the support more than anything.

Okay since a few have asked, there's no secret method we use. I know for myself I've cut out alot of snacks in the evenings at the same time I've increased physical activity. I bike alot ( or did until some jerk stole it off my porch labour day) and the two of us are on our feet constantly. We've walked the 10 miles home from downtown before. Could have taken a bus but enjoyed the time.
    Diet wise we've dropped the box foods and adjusted to one high in protein and low in carbs with some veggies to even things out. If I had to pick something, it's the activity level. And i love to bike even if I'll never do it in a dress.

Amanda
    Hi Amanda,

Sorry to hear about your bike getting stolen, I share your passion for cycling too. Up until my recent hip replacement surgery I rode everyday I was home. Can't wait for the doctor to give me clearance to resume biking.With winter on the way, I was wondering if your going to switch to skiing, ( nordic ). For your excercise. I combine skiing with riding my bike indoors on a trainer, for the winter months. BTW congrats on your weight loss, there's always that little black dress to push one along towards ones goals.

Huggs, Renee