Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nervious and freaking out

nervious and freaking out

So here's the deal, I met this GG on myspace yesterday. I was looking for local Girls here in Okc, ok who might be interested in giving me some advice on different things like Make-up, and clothing, and just different other girlie things. We messaged back and forth for most of the evening last night. I diffenately got more then I was expecting. when I first messaged her I was more or less expecting to either be blocked, reported to myspace for being a freak, or just to get an what the f@#% message from her. But she was totally cool about it and responded back, and was very willing offer up any advice that she could. But what was really surprising to me is that she wants me to come over today because she felt that she could help me out more in person then through emails. Which has got me kind of freaking out because while I'd be fine with this meeting onlying being a one time thing to give some advice on make-up, I'm hoping that it might be the start of a friendship for to reason I would love to have a GG friend to talk about this stuff with, and two I've found myself really isolated since I move down here to oklahoma, not having any real friends down here, Yes I have or had friends from work when I was at ihop but since we've all quit in the last few weeks we've lost touch, just to be clear I'm not looking for a relationship with just a friendship, somebody to hang out with, but I won't really know how she feels about it until I meet her today @ 11:00 this morning, which has me freaking out, sorry if it seems like I'm just going on about something stupid, my question though is Am I blowing this way out of proportion, or is it something to actually be nervious about? All I was is that I feel like there are more butterflies then my first time out en femme.
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Sounds like a great opportunity to me. Go meet her and see what develops. You never know, you may have just found the love of your life. If not at least you may have found a good and supportive friend. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as my dear old Dad used to say. You are so lucky! Don't pass on this!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Quote Originally Posted by TammiTN View Post
    Sounds like a great opportunity to me. Go meet her and see what develops. You never know, you may have just found the love of your life. If not at least you may have found a good and supportive friend. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as my dear old Dad used to say. You are so lucky! Don't pass on this!
    As far as the love of my life, I don't even want to think about that, all I'm really hoping for is to make a new friendship out of this, I just isn't just a one time thing. anything else well whatever is whatever, If something more comes out it that cool but I'm just hoping for a friendship, exspecially since I just got out of a wierd relationship to say the least, that didn't end well. but I won't bore anyone with that, that would be getting off topic.
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

You've got the right attitude not wanting to force anything. I think you owe it to yourself to see what she's about. At the very least you'll get makeup and fashion advice from a GG, something we'd all like. Of course she could also be a good candidate for the show What Not to Wear, but you'll never know until you see her.

Be yourself and I mean yourself. Be respectful and see what develops. I think she's interested since she wants to meet you. How she is interested (friend, helper or more?) is another issue. Hopefully it will become quite clear today! Good luck.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

You've got the right attitude not wanting to force anything. I think you owe it to yourself to see what she's about. At the very least you'll get makeup and fashion advice from a GG, something we'd all like. Of course she could also be a good candidate for the show What Not to Wear, but you'll never know until you see her.
    Well of course I'm going I'm just nervious, I have no idea what to wear or anything, maybe I should make a Wal-mart run to find a new top or something. that way she doesn't think that I'm a total lost cause when it comes to fashion since all of my tops are more cheapy rather then stylish since clothes can get ruined real easy driving truck.

Ashley Lynn

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Meeting a GG while dressed...

Go for it... you'll be surprised how many girls are supportive once you open up to them...

Forget about your nerves, and have a great time!

Dita.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mistakes don't exist, there are only steps on the way to perfection...

Hoping for the best for You! I assume you're meeting in a nice nuetral setting that is safe? I wouldn't go straight to someones house who I haven't met before. Have fun and be safe.
    Sally

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Like everyone else here has said...
    get out there, relax, have some fun, and be yourself! Honesty, sincerity and an open mind will make your world anything you want it to be!
    *hugs*

Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    Well of course I'm going I'm just nervious, I have no idea what to wear or anything, maybe I should make a Wal-mart run to find a new top or something. that way she doesn't think that I'm a total lost cause when it comes to fashion since all of my tops are more cheapy rather then stylish since clothes can get ruined real easy driving truck.
    I wouldn't go buy stuff just for this. She needs to see the pallette she'll be working with. And Sally's advice is good; meet at a neutral location first. Carry your fem clothes with you so you can go to her house from the meeting place should you decide to.

I wouldn't go buy stuff just for this. She needs to see the pallette she'll be working with. And Sally's advice is good; meet at a neutral location first. Carry your fem clothes with you so you can go to her house from the meeting place should you decide to.
    I'll keep that in mind when I talk to her at 10.

Ashley Lynn

You have gotten good advice already, but I would add .....think of your safety first. Go as yourself and meet in a nuetral place. You will find out more about this lady in one person to person meeting than 50 emails.

I met one lady like that and I never want to see her again. Just be safe and yourself and see if you should take another step.

I understand the whole safety thing but for reasons that don't need to be shared, her getting out of the house this weekend not really an option, but I'm sure it'll be fine. or I might see if see wants to reschedule for next weekend, my only issue is why see can't get out of the house I don't want her to feel like she has to entertain. I'm afraid she might be push herself to hard. when she should be taking it easy.

Ashley Lynn

Silver Member
    Absolutely go and enjoy, but plan to meet in a public place where you have options to exits should you find this meeting is going badly. NEVER put yourself in harms way - especially for a first time meeting! Maybe do a drive by to check out the area. Be very safe and tell us the good or bad results.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    You have gotten good advice already, but I would add .....think of your safety first. Go as yourself and meet in a nuetral place. You will find out more about this lady in one person to person meeting than 50 emails.

I met one lady like that and I never want to see her again. Just be safe and yourself and see if you should take another step.
    I agree with Amy Lynn, it pays to be careful. First meetings should always be in a public place, a good rule when meeting someone you've only known from IM's or emails. Don't give out phone numbers or addresses until you've met in person.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    I understand the whole safety thing but for reasons that don't need to be shared, her getting out of the house this weekend not really an option, but I'm sure it'll be fine. or I might see if see wants to reschedule for next weekend, my only issue is why see can't get out of the house I don't want her to feel like she has to entertain. I'm afraid she might be push herself to hard. when she should be taking it easy.
    Her insistence on meeting at her house may be a warning flag, may not be, but for your own sake, tell her that you'd prefer to wait until you can meet in a public place. If she won't go for that, back away, as that would indicate something is possibly not right.

She may be completely on the up and up, but protect yourself, just in case.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 09-14-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    My name is Carol.

surprisingly we only live about a mile from each other, but meeting elsewhere is tricky, she just had surgury friday, her getting out probably won't happen, but of course I'm going to scope out the area first, and If anything goes wrong I can always leave, probably just talk outside for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I agree with Amy Lynn, it pays to be careful. First meetings should always be in a public place, a good rule when meeting someone you've only known from IM's or emails. Don't give out phone numbers or addresses until you've met in person.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Her insistence on meeting at her house may be a warning flag, may not be, but for your own sake, tell her that you'd prefer to wait until you can meet in a public place. If she won't go for that, back away, as that would indicate something is possibly not right.

She may be completely on the up and up, but protect yourself, just in case.

Carol
    I appercate the concern, and believe my I'm not going to put myself in harms way, Ohh wait I do that every night when I have to walk across a pitch black truck stop parking lot every weeknight en femme, and I really believe that I'll be fine, after all safety in a neutral place or public place really doesn't exist, sometimes you just have to have faith in people. I'll be fine. I'll scope out the area first plus I have ran into her several time at the gas station behind my apartment, she's alway seem nice enough. beleave me I had all night to think about it.
    Last edited by Holly; 09-14-2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content or the multiquote function to reply to multiple posts in a single post. Multiposting is not permitted on the forum.

Ashley Lynn

just to update, I met up with the GG that I met on myspace everything went great, she gave me lots of great advice. I had lots of fun we talked for about three hours, and she gave me wonderful advice on make up. I'm really tried so I've give a full update after I take a nap.

Ashley Lynn

Glad all went well, can't wait to here the rest of the story.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I was afraid I was gonna have to be the heavy again until I saw Sally's post. You would have to be freaking nuts to go to someone's house when you have never met them, know nothing about them, have no friends in common, and you have only chatted online for a day or two! She is a woman - she WILL understand this caution.
    For all you know, she might think it is hilarious to invite you to her home where you will find 5 football playing teenager guys waiting that like to beat people like you. Considering we are talking about the internet, for all you know she IS one of those guys that likes to beat folks like us.

As Sally suggested, you two should meet someplace public first, maybe even more than once before you go to her home. That way you can get a feel for what kind of person she is before you entrust your well being to her.

I HAVE gone to the homes of some of the members here on this forum, but that's only after I've chatted with them a lot and read a lot of their posts to see what kind of person they are. I wouldn't even consider going to the home of someone I met online only a day or so ago.

UPDATE:
    Just read your post that the meeting has now taken place so obviously my worst fears were not realised. I am so happy for you!
    I think I will leave the message my original post provided as I still think you took a huge risk though.

Gold Member
    Yeah that is kind of stupid talking a day or two and then go to their house, not knowing them from Adam.

Not only that but what kind of person is so desparate to make friends that they will invite just anyone over after talking over myspace so briefly? My gyod if it was over a site like this where you were partially convinced that maybe the person is geuine since most of us probably are CD or TS, then just maybe, but myspace?

Don't be suprised if she turns out to be a basket case once you get to know her.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Taylor,

no one can know your situation and circumstances as well as u! And we ALL have had different experiences that mite prejudice our advice. U met her and it went well!
    Good for u! Keep us posted, please!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I was afraid I was gonna have to be the heavy again until I saw Sally's post. You would have to be freaking nuts to go to someone's house when you have never met them, know nothing about them, have no friends in common, and you have only chatted online for a day or two! She is a woman - she WILL understand this caution.
    For all you know, she might think it is hilarious to invite you to her home where you will find 5 football playing teenager guys waiting that like to beat people like you. Considering we are talking about the internet, for all you know she IS one of those guys that likes to beat folks like us.

As Sally suggested, you two should meet someplace public first, maybe even more than once before you go to her home. That way you can get a feel for what kind of person she is before you entrust your well being to her.

I HAVE gone to the homes of some of the members here on this forum, but that's only after I've chatted with them a lot and read a lot of their posts to see what kind of person they are. I wouldn't even consider going to the home of someone I met online only a day or so ago.

UPDATE:
    Just read your post that the meeting has now taken place so obviously my worst fears were not realised. I am so happy for you!
    I think I will leave the message my original post provided as I still think you took a huge risk though.

I understand what everybody's fear with the whole risk thing, and I wasn't really confrotable with it, but I do take risk everyday, as a Truck Driver it's always a possiblity that you might not make It through the day. but that's besided the point. Everythng worked out fine. sometimes you just have to have a little faith in people.

Ashley Lynn

Kim

My dear sweet friend, why does it have to be football playing guys? How about CD hating thespians?

Hugs
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    Kim

My dear sweet friend, why does it have to be football playing guys? How about CD hating thespians?

Hugs
    Hey - do me a big favor would you? Would you please give me a hand getting my foot outta my mouth?
    After all, some of my best friends are football players . . .

Friends

Kim said, "After all, some of my best friends are football players . . ."

Some of my best friends are girls like you.

Hugs,
    Dana Fleming