Thread: Gotta get out!

Gotta get out!

I don't know if this is the place to do this but I have a need to get out in public. I'm travelling to Vegas next week. Is it safe to go enfemme in Vegas? Anyone been there? Any suggestions? I'm more into shopping and restaurants, quiet lounges than clubs? Any tg friendly hotel suggestions? I am kind of scared but I need to take this step. (if any one wants to be a guide I would appreciate it)

Thanks Girls,

Jen

Visiting Las Vegas

HI Jen:

This is the place to do this and there is no better place to do this than Las Vegas. When will you be here?
    I am attaching the link to the The bible of where to go and what to do in Las Vegas

http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/vendors/

Follow that list and you will be fine. It lists the Hotels, restaurants and Shops to go to. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

If you will be here on a Monday evening you are invited to join our Tri-Ess group when we go out to dinner. We specialize in first timers and newbies so you will be very comfortable.

Hope to hear from you and possibly meet you.

Nora
    Last edited by Nora; 09-17-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Hi Jen. I have been to Vegas many times, and believe me if there is any place in the USA to go "enfemme", it is definitely there. I must clarify to say that while I haven't done it, I have seen many CDs there, and no one gives them a second look. And while I might have recognized them as CDs maybe everyone else didn't. And there were probably many more that I didn't detect. In other words, no one cares in Vegas what anyone else does. So have a ball and enjoy yourself.

Las Vegas is very T-friendly. It is one of my favorite destinations. Most of the major hotels will welcome your business. Bally's/Paris actively markets to the LBGT community. My personal hotel of choice is the Sahara. I have stayed there several times and have had nothing but positive experiences there. The staff there is wonderful. Nora is a sister who lives in the area and I bet she posts in your thread in the very near future. Her group goes out to eat on Monday nights and I'm sure you would be welcomed to join them. Have a ball and let us know how it goes.

Oh, and be sure to visit Amy and the rest of the staff at Glamour Boutique/Just You while you are there. They offer a full compliment of services for t-girls. Be sure to tell them Holly says hi!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Thanks ladies. I'm just picking out my wardrobe! I'm nevous but you have all been so reassuring. I am so thankful for this group! I'll have from noon Wednesday to afternoon Thursday. I am so looking forward to this.

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    I think this will be helpful since I did exactly this on my first time to Vegas and my first time out by myself in a strange city. I had been out with another girl in her city so it was "easier" for me but this one is pretty much what you want to read so you are prepared.

My adventure in Vegas

Have fun!
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

I envy you, I've wanted to go out dressed but just can't do it. Enjoy your trip and live it up, sounds like u got great advice so far.

YAY YAY YAY, Strut your stuff!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

We had planned a trip to Las Vegas last year. My wife was a bit nervous about it so she called the hotel we were going to stay at, to ask about being TG frinedly.

The hotel girl's response: "Ma'am this is Las Vegas. Everything goes.!"

You will ahve fun.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

As the saying goes " What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" Go for it.

Banned Read only
    This is a great resource!! I wish there was this kind of info for other major cities (i.e. Atlanta)

Hope you have an excellent time in Vegas, Jen.

I learned one thing for sure, leave enough time to get ready to go out.

I've a couple threads from when I went, which address a couple of other threads, like one of Holly's.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7416

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9401
    Last edited by DonnaT; 09-18-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    DonnaT