Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: married CD's

married CD's

Hey all, So i have a question for all of the CD's MTF on this site about being married. In general, what is your wifes opinion on the whole topic, do they find it disgusting?kinky? or anything else. And on another note, would any of you ever want to be a full time female? thanks all. this stuff is so new to me, and alot is very confusing, lots of mixed emotions, lol.
    Dosed By You

She seems terrified, and wants it to go away is my take on it but we never really talk about it . I like too many others waited years to come out to my wife, not always a good outcome. If you are not married please don't tell yourself it will go away some day or I'll keep it from her somehow.

My wife has known for about 6 months now. She is sort of mixed about it. She does not stop me from dressing and even helps me with pick out clothes and sometimes she even helps me with makeup. At the same time she still does not want to go out with me dressed, which I can understand and respect.

As far are living full-time as a woman, I can't say that I haven't thought about it, but I'm not sure if I would want to or not.

She hates my hobby but turns a blind eye as long as I keep it out of her face....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We go everywhere together and actually she took the photo I'm using for my avatar.
    As for being full time...I am in a sense. I'm always mentally Cheryl, just not always appearing that way. Sometimes society forces me to wear men's clothing, but I'm still me inside.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife is a happy medium. She does not really like it, but she accepts it because it is a huge part of me and makes me happy. She has gone out with me before, but that has been years ago now.
    So, she doesn't hate it, doesn't resent it (much), but doesn't like it or encourage it either.
    I guess you could say she loves me. :-)

Wink

Hey Girlfriend, I am one of the very blessed....my wife is 100% fine with my CDing and supports me fully! Although I'm not able to go out to town dressed (redneckville, somebody would get hurt) I am always underdressed and our toenails are always the same color! I may have to look and act "male" at work but at home, thank GOD I don't have to live that macho crap! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mine hates it with a passion...

My wife hates it with a passion and lets no occasion unused to rub it in...

While I get chased by the guys when out and about and unexpectedly complimented by many women, she keeps telling me I am the ugliest woman on the face of the earth...

For what concerns living full time? I'd love to and I am working hard on it. As soon as I've got my job situation worked out, I'll go full time...including hormones, SRS, FFS, breast implants, a face lift... the works!

I just can't wait to dump all my male clothing in the garbage bin...

Dita.
    Last edited by Dita_B; 09-21-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mistakes don't exist, there are only steps on the way to perfection...

My wife hates it and has threatened me with divorce if it continues.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    My wife likes me as a girl. She started dressing my fully many years ago. We are both retired now so I am in girl mode from dawn to dusk except when I have to go out. It isn't practical or prudent where we live. And yes I would live full time if there were a practial way to do it. (We don't travel and don't want to move.)

Huggs

Sasha Anne

My wife accepts my dressing and will even spend time with me while I'm dressed, the only thing she asks is that I don't go outside dressed as she fears for my safety.

I don't have any desire to be a full time female. I am trying to balance my male & female sides in order to be a more complete person.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    While she has known about my "hobby" since very early in our 14+ years together she is reasonably tolerant (she would say accepting.)

Dressing while she is out and occasionally while she is sequestered in her office doing work is fine. To see me fully dressed or look at my collection of clothing is next to never. She particularly cannot stand the notion of me in garters, stockings and heels and more feminine colours but is okay if I am wearing a few things under black satin pjs.

If I stopped dressing tomorrow and withheld for life there would never be a mention again.

Being female full time seems as much as state of mind as it does having the correct physical gear. I have indeed wondered what it would be like to physically be a woman but know that it would fail miserably because I do not feel 100% woman inside. Yet female tendencies do exist within my personality and they are naturally woven into how I live and engage the world; have been since I was a kid.

I am quite happy being a genetic male dressing as a female and experiencing a more balanced emotional state between the two commonly accepted genders whether I am in jeans, t-shirt and hiking boots or satin blouse, skirt, heels and silken intimates.

It's a good life, really.

MY wife is accepting of it. She will help with clothes and makeup purchases, sometimes will even make special trips just for Jaquelyn. However, she's not "into" having her husband dress as a woman. She sometimes finds Jaquelyn amusing, or entertaining, but, for the most part, it's not like she likes me better as a woman. In large part, this is more just her personality than the cding, i.e.: she is a bit of a tomboy, and not whole heartedly "into" a lot of girly things, like shopping and makeup. She would much rather be in the outdoors, working in her garden, or driving her Jeep. But hey, no complaints there for me, I feel lucky to be able to spend time with her, and that she enjoys those things. Actually, I have the best of the deal: we have lots of common interests, and she puts up with Jaquelyn too........Thanks honey!!!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    My wife understands it, and me. She is supportive and very helpful. She tells me that she loves me whether I present as Sarah... or as 'him'. I believe this unconditionally and feel loved, adored and cherished as me whatever I'm wearing or whatever I'm doing or however feminine or masculine I'm behaving. There are occasions when she has been my "knight in shining armour".

In short, she's my other half and it's working out just fine right now.

Full time? I have no doubt whatsoever, given my strength of feeling that I could more than quite happily go the whole way. It's all I've thought of since I was 12. I'd do that in a flash but you could probably guess from the text above that it's not only me that I have to consider. My wife, I'm absolutely sure, could not really cope with me being full time in our current situation. So that's my compromise - that's my most important input, amongst many others, to reciprocate that unconditional support I get. And I don't begrudge it one little bit.

Hugs

Sarah...

My wife is overall pretty understanding, she accepts it. I am not sure that she likes it al that much, But she says that it is part of me and she will not try to change me.

She says that as long as she never sees me dressed that she will be fine. Of course I am hoping that will change someday. but for now I am just greatful for what I have.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My wife is not accepting of it, thou she has known about my tendencies since before we were married. I still dress when she is not at home, but it is hard. If I had the opportunity to go full time it would in a second. Believe it or not before I met my present wife I was dressed almost 90% of the time,except for work, but I was underdressed, for almost two years. My roommate(female) was very accepting and helped me a lot. We even share each others clothes, thou my wardrobe was much bigger than hers.
    Striving for acceptance.

for me it is a wondeful life. my wife is very accepting and is very helpful in my dressing. When we shop, she is always looking for fem clothes for me.
    I do not think I would ever be full time, because I also enjoy our time together as male and female. We have been out many times as girlfriends in the city. Since we have moved to a small town we have not been out.

My wife loves me for me! Thinks I'm handsome as a guy and pretty as a girl! Won't call me by my fem name and doesn't get why I like pantyhose(wears them as little as she can, mostly in winter) We shop together and compliment each other alot on how we look. Has helped me with my makeup both shopping for it and applying it. All in all she is exceptional and extremely accepting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't know that many in my situation. I am extremely fortunate as my wife Marla actually likes me to crossdress (I kid you not). She is very accepting and very encouraging. We met on a crossdressing forum 5 years ago. She was looking to date a CDer before she met me. She says she thinks I look cute dressed and that she finds crossdressing fun. I get to dress at home and to go out in public often. Marla is also the Activities Director and the main contact for our TG group the River City Gems.

Your other question about living full time. We have discussed it and we think that it's not very likely while I am still working. I'm not TS and so there are too many "logistic hurdles" that we would have to get over. I'm happy to just dress whenever I feel like it in my non-work hours. However, my wife says she can totally see that it "could" happen when I retire. I think I agree with her ... maybe in 20 years time
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I am married, my wife does not like it, she makes comments once in a while. I am happy married I would never want to be a woman fulltime, just part time is perfect for me.

Wow, like so many others, my wife doesn't like my dressing in the slightest. I am surprised as to how many others are in the same situation as me. I can dress in underwear if she is around, but come bed time, she looks away, or remains downstairs as I undress. Unfortunately, she can't bear the thought of me in a dress etc !
    As for full time, I don't think it's for me. I like the way I am, one foot in both camps !

Coleen.......

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...

As soon as the kids are on the bus she asks, "So why aren't you wearing PINK?"

I work from home and most days I am fully dressed all day when the kids are at school...

Wife buys me stuff and hates the fact that my legs are better than hers...

As for full time, doubtful, as we have an autistic daughter who will most likely live with us for many years to come...she is quite literal and would simply not 'get it'. It would cause her great confusion and difficulty and I would never want to do that.

But otherwise I can pick and choose either genre and it's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    She hates my hobby but turns a blind eye as long as I keep it out of her face....
    How do you do that, Karen?

Candy

My wife knows and tolerates but I think she is concerned that I will one day go full time, want to live as a woman, and leave her.
    I have told her, and I am quite sincere about it, that I am happy as a part time dresser, and have no ambitions to progress it in any way. I actually value my 'man' time and want to have the best of both worlds.
    There is a truce at present, since she doesn't quite believe me but would like to.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I guess she doesn't mind that much...

My guess is she would have mentioned something