Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What other fem names did you consider before deciding on the one you did?

Names I've considered: Gina (a type of off-brand cosmetics I used to use), Kay, Kathy, Tonya, Stephanie, and Carla (these are the ones I can recall). Then, I watched the first episode of "Star Trek: Voyager", and I have Capt. Kathryn Janeway to thank for my femme name. And a model on a pantyhose site to thank for the short version in my siggie.
    Last edited by KathrynTX; 09-26-2008 at 08:55 AM.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

I just realized this morning that I never signed my name at the end of my posts last night. I've only really considered Candy. I've thought of that name since I was young, but only very recently begun to dress en femme. So, Candy it is.

Same Name - Different Language

On a slightly different tack.......

Some while ago, just for a bit of a laugh I tried using a french version of my name.

It was Suzanne Champs de Mer

Not an accurate translation. Champs is ok for Field, but Mer means Sea. But I liked the sound of it.

As I said, it was only for a bit of a laugh, and when I realized I was getting hit on in chatrooms because guys thought I was French, I dropped it and reverted to my present name.

Luv

Susan

Names

Hi Everyone
    Had I been born a girl it would have been Donna Lynn I used it a while tried Linda and settled on a Childhood crush Annette the hottest Mousekateer ever Vasillisa for my middle name came from a favorite fairy tale I have used and like Mocha
    Hugs Annette Vasillisa
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

I was thinking of Maria, Frida(to honor the mexican painter Frida Khalo), Diana because that was the name of a girl I once had something going on with her and the name sounded I don't know musical and femenine.

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Hannah, Kate, Jessica and Suzi

There is a story that goes with my selection. I've always loved all the fem names that ended in "a"! I'd thought a lot about Melissa, Jessica, Regina, Tina, Linda and Tricia but ultimately decided on the name that made the most perfect sense......the name I loved the most, the name of my one true love, my true soulmate, Lisa! You see, she is not my wife whose name is Cindy! She is my wife's SISTER whom I fell totally and hopelessly in love with from the very first moment I saw and met her and, try as hard as I might, I never could shake her from my heart. Unfortunately, she was already engaged to her husband to be at the time whom she married and is still married to some 30+ years later, just as uncertainly and troubled as my own marriage to her sister, Cindy, is! You don't always get to marry your soulmate or get the happy ending. Since I couldn't have her I borrowed her name instead. Neither one of them know of my fem name or my true feelings and it's for the best that they don't! I was led to the right family but the wrong sister just a little bit too late! I was thaaaaaaaat close!

Love & hugs,
    Lisa

(BTW....my daughter's name is Christina.....another name ending in "a"!)
    Lisa

Names

I called myself Rachel for several years after Rachel Green on "Friends".

My ex called me Violet. Don't know where she got that name. I met a girl named Violet later and she was verrrry cute. But Violet just didn't seem to fit.

I chose Rita when I joined the forum after a girl I worked with for a few years. I really enjoyed being in her presence. She was so much fun to talk to. Now I am in a different location and miss her every day. Calling myself Rita reminds me of her and our conversations.

I have always liked Mary Lynn and may change someday.

I've thought of myself as Laura since I was old to think.

LIFE IS A EXPERENCE!! Raven Wynter Rayne's Avatar

other names...

I really ony used one other name, and that was just picked out of thin air... well I needed a name to order catalogs under and for some reason linda came to mind and We had a neibor with the last name hamel so Linda Hamel was My 'first' name and as I started going on line I thought I would like something better and more unique, and I had seen the name Rayne and loved it so I tryed Rayne Storm, but, did not care for it. With My love of crows and ravens (My wife and I have a crow We rescued NOT A PET She just lives with us and the dogs and cat and YES they all get along, first rule in our house!!!) I thought Raven would be good and I love winter and rain so I came up with Raven Wynter Rayne and loved it and I think I will keep it,so far no input from My wife about it!!

Thought about Karen, Brandi and Kimberly. Picked April because it was they name of a girl whom, I once had a crush on...

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

just one

Within a few days of discovering that my feminine side was a significant thing, my wife suggested that she needed a name. I sent her a list of names I thought might fit and she immediately came back with

Tina

so Tina it was and Tina it will always be

tina

my name

I did try Deniese for obvious reasons Although once I thought about it Virginnia just felt so right for me

what I am inside is screaming to come out

girl next door
    I've always loved the name Cami (though not Camille so much). Tammi's more a variation of my given (male) name.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I was Tina for a while and also considered Rachel and Tanya.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

That's MISS fire to you! Misfire's Avatar
    That's a difficult questin to answer being as I haven't picked one yet and don't even know if I ever will.

Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle! :-)
    (Can't tell I have a five year old daughter can you?)

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I considered Donna, Lana, Jessica, Michelle, Donna-Michelle, and Doreen before settling on Dawna, which I thought sounded "unique." I haven't been too happy with my choice of name lately, and I think I might adopt Doreen again soon...

Years ago I was Alison Elaine but dropped the femme name after a couple of years. Others I more recently considered were Karen, Kate & Susan. I now use Jennifer Caitlin (meaning Karen/Kate/Katherine/Kay etc). I wanted a name that could be abbreviated which is why I eventually chose Jennifer. Caitlin lets me derive various other names to suit the occassion.

I'm still not completely sure of my femme name, and often think about changing it to Karen. It's tempting to pick names that use my real initials, in which case I might go for Karen Melissa/Michaela/Michelle.

Jenny.

BriannaD formerly Alyssa
    hmm..started out with Brenda, Brianna, Vynessa, Brianna again, Deanna, Veronica, Alexis and Alyssa. I think I will stay with Alyssa Marie
    No Woman wants to date a guy who owns cuter heels than her! Brianna

fem names

the name i was going to us was roxanne(roxy for short), that was the name of my x girl friend. I thought Fay, sophia, rosa,or anita.
    I love being a girl

None it was Angie from the start.
    Angie

I never really considered any other names. Sara is simply what came out of my mouth when I attended my first support group meeting back in the mid-90's. As for my middle name, I only recently adopted it and though it might seem that way, it's not intended to be a take-off on Sarah Jessica Parker. It just seems to flow.

And there's not a lot of talk about adopted last names here. I originally picked "Palmer" which was after Laura Palmer of Twin Peaks. However, I decided I'd not have the last name of the girl whose death became the basis for the entire first season so I switched that up to "Hayward" after Donna Hayward, the Twin Peaks character played by Lara Flynn Boyle.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Other than Tod, my name always was Nina.

Well -- lets see -- um, can't remember all that I thought of, but finally ended up with Debbie. Then I got outed and my name changed.

I asked my mom what see would have named me if I was a GG -- and told me, so with her blessing, that became my name -- Gabrielle (Gabby for short, and that works 'cause I can't stop talking ;-) )
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother