Thread: Had a great day at Lane Bryant

Had a great day at Lane Bryant

Hi Girls,
    I don,t post much here but I had to tell everybody about my experience at Lane Bryant. I went to Lane Bryant outlet store last weekend to buy me a pair of jeans. When i walked in the store my heart started to pound fast and I starter to swett I was so nerves. I never went shopping in a womens store before. A sales lady walked up to me and asked if she could help. I said I was looking for a pair of low rise jeans, she asked what size does she wear. I stopped her and said they where for me and said size 22, she looked at me and said ok then. I found a pair that I liked and she told me the dressing rooms were in the back. So i went to the dressing room and the jeans fit loose so I needed a smaller size. The sale lady came to the room and asked if the jeans fit, i said they were loose she said let me see come on out here. so i did and she said your right let me get you a size 20 they fit me just fine she also said she had a cute top for me to try on with those jeans and came back with it and she was right it was cute and fit me perfect. So i bought both of them. She was so nice and made me feel like a women. Other women in their were staring at me when I came out of the dressing room but I paid them no attention. I just had to tell everyone how much of a great time I had.
    Love
    Kimberly

Kimberly,

Were you dressed en femme or in drab?

Sounds like a great experience. Every time you go shopping from now on it will get easier, the nerves go away.

Kimberly. I'm glad you had a good experience shopping there but it doesn't surprise me. I love shopping at Lane Bryant and it never made a difference how I was dressed. Thinking back, some of my best shopping experiences have been there, including my first bra fitting and the first time I admitted the panties I was buying were for me (the SA spent 15 min looking thru the clearance bin with me). All of my everyday pants and jeans are from there as are some of my favorite tops and bras.

I've shopped in several different stores and have always been treated just like any of their other customers. Using the fitting room has never been a problem and they've always been helpful with suggestions. I will always recommend shopping there.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

I also have had wonderful experiences with Lane Bryant. I've only gone in though already dressed enfemme. But I know they knew. But they treated me very kindly and I bought myself two lovely blouses. I intend on going back again.

I'm happy you had a good experience also. That can be so encouraging and building of the self-esteem.

Lane Bryant is great...so is DressBarn, Payless, and some other stores. They know we are usu looking for something for ourselves regardless of what we tell them. I enjoy messing with the sales girls a bit with different questions about what to wear, etc.. Sounds like you had fun........Jamie

Girl,
    Way to go!!!Like they say "I love it when a plan comes to-get-her!
    [SIZE="3"]Ciara[/SIZE]

Cool you go girl.
    Angie

Great Job Kim. Next time no nerves.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations Kim:

I too Love shopping at Layne Bryant.

The first time i was in a Layne Bryant store I was drab as well looking for a green skirt to go to a St. Patricks day party. It was so nice to be treated as a lady, even though drab.

When i get away on Vacation, i always look for a Layne Bryant, and Dress Barn. I always go fully as Denise now, and have never had any negative reactions at all in any of the stores, including wierd looks form any of the other customers.

Fortunate that they accept me as the Lady that i am

Denise

Thank alll of you girls for reading about the best day of my life. I can't wait to go again.

Aspiring Member
    If I may ask what area of the country did you go to Lane Bryant's?

Smile Congrats

[SIZE="3"]Congrats on your wonderful experience, Kimberly. Lane Bryant is a great place and I enjoy shopping there.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon B. View Post
    If I may ask what area of the country did you go to Lane Bryant's?
    Hi Sharon, It was in the united states, Mississippi

Congrats, Kim!!

In Mississippi no doubt.

Silver Member
    Good for you! Shopping gets easier each time you go especially when it's as positive as this story. I live in Canada, and from here Mississippi doesn't appear to be the most CD friendly part of the world. So I'm even more glad you've found a place you can get respectful treatment.