Thread: Crossing legs

Crossing legs

6 years ago after years of crossing my legs as a woman does for some reason one leg went numb. I cut off a nerve in my leg and hand drop foot!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know why at first but found out why it happened. It took 6 months+ to regain funtion to my lower leg. How was I to know? I pinched the nerve.A normal placement for guy but I hit it. All becuse how I crossed my legs being a male. It is placed different in a female. It's hit and miss. Maybe I was 1 in the 1000 but watch what you do and never hold legs in the same place long.Move your legs about girls. If I save one from this it's for the better. You don't want this as it can be life changing the one you didn't plan on.

Gina

Gina

Awwww. That sucks!! I've always had a bit of Skiatica from sitting on my wallet... More of a pain in the ass type thing .. And some numbness... But I've been crossing my legs like this for decades and if I don't sit on my wallet I have had no problems to date.. Thanks for the warning!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE=4]Great advice! You are the second person I have heard of this happening to, the first was a very tall CD in San Francisco about 15 years ago. Sounds like both of you hit the nerve in just the right spot.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I can't sit still anyway, if I cross my legs something gets all cramped up and I move within 60 seconds anyway...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Oh no

I do know that no one should regularly cross their legs (or feet while laying down) for any length of time, but generally thought it was so not to affect circulation.
    If we were all the same, there would be no choice.

I've never been able to cross my legs as a woman. I always have to sit with my knees together and flat footed on the floor. Not a pasrticularly comfortable position. I just can't seem to get the back side of either knee to "lock" onto the top of the other knee. It will slip off in about 15 seconds or more. It pisses me off emmensely.

Former Member
    I've never been able to cross my legs for very long. It is uncomfortable if I try for more than a few minutes. I guess my hips are too narrow.

Thank for the heads up Gina
    Angie

I'm the same way. I could never cross my legs either.

Gold Member
    My legs are just not built to be comfortably crossed. Even when I was really thin it never worked.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Oddly, I've never had a problem crossing my legs that way, in either mode.

Someone in middle school commented about it once, wondering why I wasn't mashing something into a thin package and hurting as a result.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

I had the same problem as Karren with my wallet. It finally convinced me to carry a purse even in guy mode. Sitting on the durn thing made a spot in my leg go numb. I'll have to watch the leg crossing.

Edyta

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]Great advice! You are the second person I have heard of this happening to, the first was a very tall CD in San Francisco about 15 years ago. Sounds like both of you hit the nerve in just the right spot.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I can't sit still anyway, if I cross my legs something gets all cramped up and I move within 60 seconds anyway...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    A scary thing to happen when you can't move your foot. Like I said it depends where the nerve is in your leg. Now if you wear nylons all the time switching your legs back and forth is a nice feeling . I got my feeling back but what a scary feeling. Even the docs didn't know if it would return.

Gina

Rats!! Sitting on my wallet and crossing my legs. WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO!!!!!

Spend that cash on me lol.

Gina

Silver Member
    I guess that I am lucky in that I have never had any problem with crossing my legs. Also never had a problem with things getting bunched up. I have always been slim and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I can only carry my wallet in my left rear pocket, if I put it in the right side it will feel very uncomfortable.

Being slim has nothing to do with it. Just depends where the nerve is. I posted this to warn others. Cross your legs often and enjoy if nylons are worn

Gina

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've always had a bit of Skiatica from sitting on my wallet...
    Your wallet is too thick, go buy some more outfits!

Haven't kept mine in the back pocket in years and years - a pain yes, and favourite for pickpockets. Front pocket, if large and loose enough, is much better.

I cant do this for too long either
    It gets a bit painful for me

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Genetically Men are different physically.

The truth is that mens pelvic structure is different than womens, mainly due to the fact that women deliver small packages occassionally whereas men do not. Their nerves are routed thru the legs slightly differently then men. Because of this pelvic difference they are able to cross their knee's, whereas for men it is usually uncomfortable to do so, not to say some men cannot do it, but for most it is difficult.

As for a wallet in the back pocket, I stopped wearing pants with rear pockets for the simple reason if I kept my wallet their my nerves would be pinched from sitting on it for long periods. Now I carry a pocket book to keep all the things one carries now, wallet, brush, sunglasses, makeup, ID badges etc.. Plus carrying a pocketbook or clutch is more feminine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe