Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A night in 4" heels

Where can I find information on how to walk in high heels?

Talking Update

Well I wore them and they did start to become painfull near the end of the night but well worth it. Mostly toes getting scrunched was the problem. However they looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_Blue View Post
    Where can I find information on how to walk in high heels?
    This article is the most comprehensive I've seen anywhere.

http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm

But after you have read it, the secret is to get a pair of heels that fit well and are comfortable. Then, practice, practice, practice. Sit, stand, walk, squat to pick up something from the floor, climb up and down stairs, etc.

Oh...did I mention...practice.

Banned Read only
    I love a very high heel and walk well in them (years of practice). I do find that a platform stilleto can give both height and comfort. My current fav is a BeBe slingback 5" peep toe pump with a 1 1/2" platform. It is sexy, high, and comfortable. I find myself looking for outfits to go with these shoes, rather than the other way around!

Smile high heels

i wear 4-5" heels at home and i have hard wood floors, i also have a bad lower back.
    the strange thing about wearing heels is that my back does NOT hurt in the heels but it does in flats.
    can anyone explain that?

roberta

Quote Originally Posted by meher View Post
    i wear 4-5" heels at home and i have hard wood floors, i also have a bad lower back.
    the strange thing about wearing heels is that my back does NOT hurt in the heels but it does in flats.
    can anyone explain that?

roberta
    Wearing heels puts more weight on the balls of the feet and moves the center of gravity back and up. That straightens the back and eases the discomfort.

Most people don't do well with bare or flat footed walk for long periods. Some heel height makes for more comfortable standing and walking. Just look at how much heel height there is in good athletic shoes.

A couple of Halloweens ago, I went to work as Kat and spent the vast majority of the day walking in 5" slingback heels. That night I woke up in the wee hours with the sensation that my legs were on fire.

Needless to say, I was sore the next morning, and it took me five days to fully recover.

If you can get away with slipping off your shoes every so often when you go out, by all means do it.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

Bet you look great in them

Feel free to message me.x Natalie tv's Avatar
    I would get some practice, i thought it would be easy, so i went shopping in Central London, i was glad to get home again, the first hour was great, but after that ooohh....all my wife said was i told you so.....xxx
    [SIZE="5"]NAT.xx [/SIZE]

Go for it.