Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A night in 4" heels

A night in 4" heels

I wear 4" heels all the time at home in my office... sitting at my desk alot. They are comfortable enough, I think I could spend an evening moving around a nightclub in them... Am I on drugs? or Do I need some serious vertical walking time in heels before I tackle a halloween party?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastchanger View Post
    I wear 4" heels all the time at home in my office... sitting at my desk alot. They are comfortable enough, I think I could spend an evening moving around a nightclub in them... Am I on drugs? or Do I need some serious vertical walking time in heels before I tackle a halloween party?

Thoughts?
    There's a big difference between sitting in heels and walking in heels. Practice, practice, practice.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    spending a few hours with a heel that high would just kill my feet. a 3" heel is my limit

3" to 4" heels can be plenty comfortable. It really has more to do with the shoes than the height. I have some 3.5" heels that are the cutest shoes I've ever seen, but they're so uncomfortable I can barely stand in them for 10 minutes.

Last night I was wearing 4" heels from 6:00pm till 4:30am, though, and they really didn't hurt my feet at all, and I went several places and walked a few blocks down the sidewalk. And those were some $20 Payless shoes:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...ItemCode=60341

They're actually the cheapest shoes I've got, but they fit well.

You should really practice walking around on a hard floor for awhile ... but honestly, if you're just going one place -- to a Halloween party where you'll probably be able to sit when you want -- I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

Racquel, I'm with you on the Payless Shoes. I have a few pairs that have 4" heels and because they are made a touch bigger and wider, they are very comfortable. I'll be sure to choose a pair of those for my costume.

I can tel you from experience sitting around in heels is easy

You will be able to spend an evening moving around but it's more than likely you will have sore feet at the end of the evening

Sometimes the pain is worth it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Depends on how comfortable and how well the shoe fits. I have pent 8 hours in my 5" pumps, but they also fit and feel like tennis shoes. Only you can make that call.

Quote Originally Posted by racquel937 View Post
    3" to 4" heels can be plenty comfortable. It really has more to do with the shoes than the height. I have some 3.5" heels that are the cutest shoes I've ever seen, but they're so uncomfortable I can barely stand in them for 10 minutes.

Last night I was wearing 4" heels from 6:00pm till 4:30am, though, and they really didn't hurt my feet at all, and I went several places and walked a few blocks down the sidewalk.
    What Racquel said. I'm not usually that good in heels, but I have a pair of 4" killer heels, (which were originally bought not to leave the bedroom ) and they are SO comfortable. They are just right for my feet I think as when my SO wears them (we have the same size) he claims they're nice but he couldn't wear them for as long and he manages heels better than I do

Practice wearing them and consider getting those gel insert thingies so it's not too hard on the balls or your feet.
    If we were all the same, there would be no choice.

Go get a pair of those comphy insoles at the shoe store just made for heels and then take a couple ibuprofen before you leave... If your feet hurt a bit by the end of the evening.... Well, welcome to the real world of women's fashions!! Lol. If you want comphey wear a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers!! Lol. Or a pair of those god awful Crocks!! Ewwwww..

Don't worry about.. Just have fun!!

Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

after a while they can hurt just take a break when you need too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Breaking in the shoes helps a lot. Also as mentioned, there's a huge difference between sitting for hours in heels and walking up a storm. The walking part for hours isn't so bad if you have opportunities to sit down here and there to give yourself a break. Women who wear high heels all day for work often have time to sit down whether behind a desk or while driving and there's no wondering why they often slip their heels off, if only for just a bit. Put that same girl in the mall, running back and forth for a few hours in heels and she'd be in just as much pain as you are. No wonder gg's don't do the mall thing in heels very often!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Ze xx View Post
    What Racquel said. I'm not usually that good in heels, but I have a pair of 4" killer heels, (which were originally bought not to leave the bedroom ) and they are SO comfortable. They are just right for my feet I think as when my SO wears them (we have the same size) he claims they're nice but he couldn't wear them for as long and he manages heels better than I do

Practice wearing them and consider getting those gel insert thingies so it's not too hard on the balls or your feet.
    Ditto. It's the style and construction of the shoe and how well it fits that determines comfort. Besides inserts, also try not to stand too long without moving your feet, slipping off one shoe and then another, and wiggling your toes.

It is what it is
    I have a pair of boots w/ 4 inch heels. I wore them out last year for Halloween, and my feet were numb by the time it was time to walk to the car. Fast forward to this past Friday night: same boots, just more worn in after a year... my feet felt great! The boots are like a second skin to me now.

So yeah, get as much practice in them as you can before it's show time

A night in 4" heels

I found out a long time ago why genetic women frequently took their high heels of fat a dance. A few dances on a hardwood dance floor, and I had mine off too!
    Hugs,
    Tootsye

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

I must just be weird

I, on occasion, have a tricky back. My back was bothering me one day before I went en femme, but as soon as Tina stepped into her 4+ inch heels, the back completely relaxed and all the pain disappeared!

Now, when my back is tired I just pop into a set of 5" clogs I have and it's like heaven!!! I love heels and Tina wears them all the time. She has nothing below 3". Tina's cooked in them for 6 or 7 hours, on her feet all the time! Ok, so I'm weird

tina

i wear 5 inch heels only. I wear them in the house and when I go out. I have worn them for 5 hrs with almost noproblem. U have to get used to it. I'm sure my feet don't hurt any more than any woman walking around in them for that long.

I have a few pair of heels that are comfortable on hard floors. Of course part of the answer is if you're dancing and they hurt, take a break and chat while sitting. Relax and you'll be ready to go. Good fitting is a key to comfort, but fashion is not comfort so suck it up!

Edyta

Unhappy High shoes

I have been wearing high heels since I was a teenager which was many years ago. I love them really high but I have problems now and needed an operation to correct my joints. I chose not to have it, and went into a lower heel for a few years. It helped but I still like them high. I am now 58 and cannot wear a low or flat shoe. I get back pain. So my advice is be careful. Don't ruin your feet and certainly don't try to go all evening without a rest. However.... don't take them off if your feet are tired. You will never get them on again!!!!
    Katy Dee (SO) to Samantha Kelsey

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastchanger View Post

Thoughts?
    Standing all nite on a hard floor is a lot different than sitting often or even standing on carpet. The slightest cusion makes a huge difference. If you fell up for it I say do it, but make sure the heels are comfortable. Even the slightest bit of rubbing could lead to trouble later on in the evening.

Choose them wisely and your shoes can be you best friend. If not, they can be your worst enemy.

Gen

It's not really the height but the fit that causes the pain. If you have a great 4" pair of heels you'll be fine. But walk around in them some more and be sure of it. Go to the kitchen and cook dinner, if you're dying to sit down by the time to eat you may have your answer.
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

I like to dance in 3 or 4 inch heels. They are comfortable and easy to maneuver in. Add an inch and they are awful! How anyone wears 5-6 inch heels is beyond me! I think the 4 inch heels are perfect. Take a stroll in them and find out.
    Charlie

We talking stiletto's here?

I spent about 30 to 40 minutes standing in 5 inchers and understood why women hate them, it wasn't easy.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Last year when I dressed for Halloween at work.

I wore heels that were only 2 1/2 inch and managed to wear them for 5 hrs. My feet were killing me, they were only std width and my feet are more like double WW wide. My front of the foot was what killed me. This year I have ordered some size 12 double wide and expect them any day now. They are also only 3" but I hope to go all day at work. I have been wearing another pair of heels at home to get used to wearing them for long periods of time.

I do agree that if a lot of walking is needed the feet will hurt. But I love the way they feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

To Me, there's no sense in dressing if not in 4 to 5 inch heels, even though they may hurt\kill my feet at times, I',m wearing a beuatiful strappy 5-inch heel now, which for months I've said that I was going to discard, because they hurt if worn for any length of time. But they're still here.

Like everyone else has said, sitting, and standing or walking, are two very different things, and also how well the shoes fit makes a big difference. I like very high stiletto heels, and I have a couple of pair with 5 inch heels that I have walked around in for hours with no problem or pain, but they do fit very well. I think a lot of it depends on the individual also. Thank God I'm one that can do it, since I can't imagine life in flats.