Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Others Started Because Of Gynecomastia?

How Many Others Started Because Of Gynecomastia?

My start at crossdressing was because I had had breasts of an adult woman, 36B, from Gynecomastia at the age of 13 and started wewring Mom's and my 3 older sister's bras ... I'd like to know how many others started this way and I'd like to hear their stories.
    Hugs-N-Kisses
    Jeanine

PS ... So Sorry for posting this under the wrong heading previously
    Last edited by Jeanine; 10-04-2008 at 11:27 AM.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

How many others started because of...

I don't think that was my reason for starting but I am happily afflicted with gyno and just love it. I started at about age 6 or 7 but was always covert about it and still am pretty much. Just always had the desire to wear pretty clothes. Never could figure it out, still can't and stopped trying to.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Smile

Oh yes! It was definately connected. I had already been wearing my sister's panties by the time I began to bud due to gynecomastia, as it were. I looked upon it as total confirmation of what I was. I did some reading up on it, and read that mom's should buy their daughters their first bra that time, and knowing that THAT would never happen I knew that I had to do for myself. And so when I decided to start buying my own panties out of my allowance and spied a Teenform training bras that I just had to have. I wanted to be like the other girls who were going through the same things.

As I have mentioned elsewhere here, my mum made me burn it after finding it, but about 5 years ago, I found a new vintage one just like it to replace it. Its a 36 gro-cup. A picture is shown below, not of me wearing it!

A month later I bought another, this time a Teencharm, which was also destroyed later. I have replaced that one too. The box is shown below

Ah - such sweet memories in spite of the sadness

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Well, that's not the reason I am TS but it is definitely a bonus. While growing up, my doctors kept encouraging me to have the "excess breast tissue" removed. I resisted knowing where I wanted my path in life to go. I am glad I did not give in and have it removed even though it was a source of much turmoil through the high school years.

No, but I'm envious
    ColleenW

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    I welcomed mine 10 yrs ago. Didn't even know I was trans then, just different.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

I was already a crossdresser before I got the larger breasts. Bras, though, are my favorites. I wished I had never had larger breasts. But since I do...

It wasn't a cause, but a very nice addition. It's really nice to fill a 38B without any forms.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Gynecomastia, or gynaecomastia, pronounced /ˌgaɪnəkoʊˈmæstiə/ is the development of abnormally large mammary glands in males resulting in breast enlargement, which can sometimes cause secretion of milk. The term comes from the Greek gyne (stem gynaik-) meaning "woman" and mastos meaning "breast". The condition can occur physiologically in neonates (due to female hormones from the mother), in adolescence, and in the elderly. In adolescent boys the condition is often a source of distress, but for the large majority of boys whose pubertal gynecomastia is not due to obesity, the breast development shrinks or disappears within a couple of years. The causes of common gynecomastia remain uncertain, although it has generally been attributed to an imbalance of sex hormones or the tissue responsiveness to them; a root cause is rarely determined for individual cases. Breast prominence can result from hypertrophy of breast tissue, chest adipose tissue and skin, and is typically a combination. Breast prominence due solely to excessive adipose is often termed pseudogynecomastia[2] or sometimes lipomastia[3].

Gynecomastia should be distinguished from work hypertrophy of the pectoralis muscles caused by much exercise, e.g. swimming, bench press.

Although I have been diagnosed with this disorder I did not start b/c of it. I dress b/c I want to, always have, and always will. The fact of the matter is it helps to have an actual 36c size breast.

As for my own condition of Gynecomastia, NEVER, EVER, EVER mistake your mothers hormone supplement for a drug used recreationally!!!
    Last edited by Inachis; 10-05-2008 at 06:42 AM.
    How close the sexes sometimes come to one another. It is as much a matter of behavior and the sphere in which they move that separates the masculine part of humanity from the feminine.

Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005

had gm because of obesity as a young adult have encouraged it now in later years with e. hope to see more growth as time passes. Morgan

The disease is a genetic heredity for males in my family and has been for as long as anyone can remember. Growing up I hated it, hated it with a passion. Oh the lengths I would have gone to back then if given the chance...

I'm glad I didn't. Even though they weren't my starting reason,they sure helped. I'll be keeping them now.
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

I started growing a breast around age 14-15 and I thought it was because I thought so much about turning into a girl that my conscious/subconscious convinced my body to grow one!!

But, alas, once it became noticable, my overwhelming desire to fit in with the guys caused me to rush to the doctor for surgery and get it removed. I don't really regret it, because my confidence was pretty fragile at the time, and I really wanted to be just one of the guys.

But I have very, very fond memories of having a breast...I would love to go back in time and relive the experience...feeling it bounce, the sensitivity...

I guess, in the end, it was a gift. I cherish the memory so much that, yes, it was a gift. However short-lived and scary it might have been at the time

To answer your question: NO, the Gynecomastia did not affect my crossdressing in any way. I was a CDer before it happened, and I was one after it happened.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Mine didn't show up until I was nearly middle aged, after undergoing chemo therapy. By then I had been crossdressing for a long time so I welcomed this surprising development. When I get my annual physical I occassionally get a breast exam, usually from a nurse practitioner. I was embarrassed the first time but now I'm just glad they are thorough.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... I have to admit I dressed as a girl before the boobies, but thought that the boobies I grew were a result of dressing as a girl. True, true, true... Ah, the innocence of youth
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Been there, done that, and had the condition when I was a young teenager. I cannot say that it was the cause of my dressing. GM was both physically and emotionally painful. I was scared to death before walking into the doctor's office for the diagnosis. My imagination had conjured up all sorts of terminal thoughts beforehand. The physical effects went away as I grew older though. As far as crossdressing is concerned, I had those thoughts long before the GM manifested itself.

Babette

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I had one of those mild "goes away" cases. I don't even remember how old I was... fairly young teen, I guess. And it wasn't anything visible: the symptom was that underneath my nipples, I developed fibrous discs that were fairly stiff, with the left side disc being larger and stiffer than the right. I think that at the time, if my breasts had simply started to grow then it would have been less worry than finding "lumps" in my breasts! Once I realized they were there, my mother took me to a doctor, who said they weren't anything to worry about and would go away by themselves; after that I was no longer afraid of them, and mostly stopped thinking about them, and eventually I realized that they had indeed gone away.

I never made any connection to cross-dressing, because what little cross-dressing I did in my youth was mostly just trying on some things, to see what it felt like for women to wear those clothes. I had no doubts, growing up, that I was male: but being raised in feminist times, I wondered what the female experience was like. Were there deeper reasons than that intellectual curiosity combined with a little bit of taboo breaking? Who is to say? But looking back in retrospect, it does hint that my hormone balance is not quite the typical male.

Yup, this is me!
    Ally

Banned Read only
    OMG! this is a very important topic to me personally.

I know that scientists,physicians and psychiatrists do not know the exact cause of transsexuality, but one good theory is this: Since the default sex for mammals and most animals is female (which is why males have nipples too), that in a TS the fetus gets a little bit of testosterone and androgynes pumped into it's body, and the gender of the mind developes before that. So if the gender imprint is female, then that spike of testy causes a TS to be born.
    Like I said, that is just a good theory scientists have come up with for gender issues and TG's.

As for GYNOCOMASTIA, I had a little bit of gynocomastia my entire life, especially after I gained weight at age 17 from getting into drinking beer & alcohol(which I abstain from totally these days)

I don't know exactly why I had gynocomastia, but all along I have suspected my transsexuality has to do with it..... Does anyone think so?

not me .... over 60 & still flat as a pancake

Aspiring Member
    While not the cause of my being TS, I am sure that having Gyno when i was in school sure was a big help.

My breasts were developed to the point where when i was in the Gym in High School, i did not want to take my t-shirt off when we had to.

I can remember in my younger days of getting teased and tormented about having breasts like a girl, however that was before I realized that I was TS. Only now i wish that my natural breasts were larger.

It affects a lot of people, and with me, even when in guy mode, one can tell that I have breasts, however am to the point now that it does not affect me, and i just pass off any comments that may be made.

Denise

Banned Read only
    No, its not my reason, I just like wearing womens clothes. (And mine too are still flat as a pancake).

Janie

I had it in Highschool..
    I HATED Being on the skinns Team!!
    I still have it after 20 years!,
    But I Kinda Like it now.. Hehe

I wish hun.
    Angie

In my dreams. LOL

Breasts

I don't know if I ever had gynecomastia, but when I was younger and playing shirtless, I had numerous comments made to me such as " you really should be wearing a bra". Some were harmless but some seemed hurtful. I was dressing for a number of years before these incidents occured but they definitely had an impact on my continued dressing over the years. I thought long and hard about the remarks. Never had a doctor say anything during exams. I would say back then I was probably a 36A. Just my thoughts.