Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever play music while dressed

Anti-Member To Gender TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar

Does anyone ever play music while dressed

I've been playing guitar for about 5 years and I'm curious if anyone of you have ever played music while dressed up. I find it soo relaxing and for some reason it is easier for me to write new songs. I guess I'm just more comfortable as a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Y chromosone is doing the splits

That's what it's all about for me. It's the most wonderful way to spend an evening. Strange really, when life gets all wound up, I find it difficult to have a really productive practice/learning session. When I get dressed up, I feel relaxed and completely capable of learning anything that I desire on the guitar. I've been playing daily for about 30 years and the best I've ever played is while dressed up. It's when I'm at my best it seems. There are a few more of us that are like that too, right Tracii?

sweet dreams,

Candy

Me too! I play guitar and love to play while dressed up. It is cool the way my Stratocaster hugs my curves!

I used to practice, while dressed, out in my garage a couple nights a week after everyone was in bed (using headphones of course).

We have since moved and I no longer play in the garage, though I have an office to practice in. I have also been too busy with other things to practice much, or dress for that matter.

I would love to play in a casual TG band though! That would be a blast...

Tracy

Not since I sold my Telecaster decades ago... Though long finger nails and guitars were always mutlally exclusive for me...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

All the time

I play a ton of different instruments and write music. I've never played music while in drag. I guess it would be interesting, but I'm not sure if it would work any better or worse. I'm kind of skeptical that it would do any effect at all to the music. To be honest, it would probably feel a bit weird. Because when I'm expressing myself through music, I always feel very serious, eccentric, and technical. Making music makes me feel smarter, and even more masculine perhaps. My feminine persona is very separate from those traits, so I don't think it would work. But I guess one day I'll give it a try, I've never thought of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_cd View Post

I would love to play in a casual TG band though! That would be a blast...

Tracy

That would be a dream come true!

Quite often. Can't choose which Taylor to play. Like making a choice of panties in the AM.
    Last edited by KimberlyG; 10-08-2008 at 04:37 PM.

I play fingerstyle guitar dressed, undressed, and whatever. I don't think that dressing makes much difference, although fingerstyle guitar requires that you take good care of your fingernails -- on your right hand.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaTX View Post
    I play fingerstyle guitar dressed, undressed, and whatever. I don't think that dressing makes much difference, although fingerstyle guitar requires that you take good care of your fingernails -- on your right hand.
    Yeah, I use my guitar playing as my excuse for having long nails. I've gotten away with that for about 20 years now but figure sooner or later another guitar player is going to call me out on it. Long nails are handy on the RIGHT hand. On the left hand, they more or less cripple your ability to play well.

Dressed ,not dressed, naked .... whatever.. always playing always writing Guitar piano and vocals and loving every minute of it .
    The playing the persona , the spirit ...it's all part of the whole and part of who I am or who we are for that matter .
    I am up for sharing a song or two with other girls who do the same perhaps we can PM each other hugs....lacie

Always looking for girls in my immediate area for collaboration

btw good topic for a post .....I'm from Southern Connecticut in case your wondering
    Last edited by whitelace; 10-08-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: after thought

I've written and recorded dressed.
    "I know perfectly well I'm not where I should be"

I really like playing when dressed,its kind of a different feeling and I seem to be reaching for different,mellow sounds,like playing in a dream.I also find it a good time for writing.If you are relaxed your creativity will shine through.

I sing to the radio.
    Angie

I am a working guitar player (mainly teaching and studio)
    Never thought about playing when i am dressed as Monika.. Maybe I should try
    Anyway, I have a guitar in my hands most of the hours of the day, so maybe
    I need Monika as a break from that!

Funny how many crossdressers seems to be musicians by the way..

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    No ... but my wife and I "play music" (listen to R&B and Old School dance music) and have a glass of wine when we are putting on our makeup and getting ready to go out on the town!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Singing, in a bar with a friends.... nice!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just recently discovered this myself! I have been a musician all my life and the other day I picked up a guitar while dressed and wow!

I couldn't believe the difference, it was really liberating in a way. I also was amused that I had to hold the instrument differently (lower) so that I wouldn't smash my girl parts lol. So I took it further, trying to sing as Donna and man that was a trip! I'm glad you started this thread because after doing this I am considering writing a stage show for my new fav chick singer haha. (I'm being a little tounge in cheek here but, you know)

Tracy, that would be a huge blast having an all TG band!

xo,
    Donna

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a great idea! Never thot of it before!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I play flute and piccolo, soprano sax AND the bagpipes (although not all at once). And yes, I also wear the kilts.

Don't get me started on the bagpipes oi! Um if I've changed my gender wouldn't I be dressed anyway? I'm confused of course. But you are right though, I started playing diferently as a woman

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I've played my synths a few times and once on guitar, but it gets boring unless you have a venue in which to entertain others

*hugs*

Zara

Not me. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Guess what I'm doing right now, girls?