Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever play music while dressed

I've played electric bass for years sometimes while in my finest silks. I am learning now to play an acoustic six string, and I will probably play it in my finest silks too. Although I think I would like to play the harp at some point.
    How close the sexes sometimes come to one another. It is as much a matter of behavior and the sphere in which they move that separates the masculine part of humanity from the feminine.

Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    Funny how many crossdressers seems to be musicians by the way..
    Apparently so by the number of responses.

I play guitar and have picked it up while dressed but haven't noticed any difference in my playing.
    Aside from taking in the different look and being overly aware that heels ARE NOT sneakers when I play [I move around a lot]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_cd View Post
    I would love to play in a casual TG band though! That would be a blast... Tracy
    I see a lot of guitarists and some bass n horn players but so far no drum players have come forward to round off your band.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Lounge Act

In an earlier era I would have been considered a lounge organist. Don't use a big Hammond anymore, updated to Yamaha long ago, and I perform in public in drab occasionally. One day I will introduce Karen to a waiting adoring public.

karenkey1web blog.jpg
    Karen Francis

Anti-Member To Gender TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Wow! I'm glad to see soo many of you play music. Keep it up girls!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Y chromosone is doing the splits

Does Guitar Hero count? LOL

The only musical instrument I've ever really been able to play was the viola, and it's been over 5 years since I've picked one up. Not exactly a manly instrument, only a couple of guys played it in the orchestra (even fewer played violin), and I was the only one who was any good. I always fought with the GG's for first chair while the other guys sat in back, lol.

I don't play my guitar so much as torture it, but occasionally, yes, while dressed.

-Christine

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    That is something I haven't done. If I'm practicing, I doubt it would make a difference. If I'm writing though, I go into a state of mind in which it really wouldn't matter. On stage though, I'm along way from doing that.

I thought about your post some more and think cding and playing guitar are both avenues of release and exspression,seems I spend the same amount of time playing as I do dressing and they are somewhat linked for me in that creative part of my mind.The experimenting is a thrill,and its never ending with both.I think I'll combine them more often.

I dont have much opportunity but I play piano and have once or twice played while dressed and it was great fun and very relaxing.Mmmmm,maybe a concert diva would be a good look??

Pattie O

I only started learning keyboard 9 months back. Still very much a newbie but I enjoy experimenting with MIDI/sequencers/synths etc. Even composed a few trance/ambient pieces. It is *great* to do this stuff dressed...seems to get the creative juices flowing

I haven't yet, but I really would like to once I get some more stuff to wear and whatever...A lot of my favorite bands do the crossdressing thing and I'm happy to have recently made another good friend who said they'd help me with kind of forming an image to go with my music...

So umm, I'll go with I would if I could ^_^ ()

No I dont play any instrument but love to put dance music with my heels and wiggle it.

I'm more of a vocalist myself, as a man, I can sound like just about any male singer though I'm really partial to Tom Jones on that end and en femme, I have more of a 2nd alto/1st tenor sultry blues singer voice

tonicd

Yes. i love to play music while dressing up. it sets my mood and i love to dance in my outfits.

I don't play any instruments but I do sing and have done a few disco/karaoke events for friends. I also like to mime en femme. Last year I did a party for a close friend and about 40 other friends. I dressed as Cher and did some miming to a few of her records. At first people thought I was singing but they didn't know who I was. After the performance they were really impressed. A few of them realised that it was a bit more than fancy dress for me. I loved it.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Yep, I have more than once and I'm a drummer of 30 years
    Drumming, My other hobby

After reading the posts on this thread I'd have to say the two things certainly go together! Music and dressing. I'm with all of you on this one.
    Vivian

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    Hey girls, look!! Our drummer showed up. Whooooohooo. It's do-able now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkeverything View Post
    Hey girls, look!! Our drummer showed up. Whooooohooo. It's do-able now.
    Pink,
    You didn't know drummers are always the last ones to show up? LOL

J/K Carroll
    But seriously, it seems to me that skirts are not best friends of a drummer.
    How do you do it?
    Last edited by Sammy777; 10-15-2008 at 10:52 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well I do play guitar dressed from time to time and yes it does feel different.The finger nail thing can be a problem on the left hand.
    I do find a different style in the femme mode its still metal but a little more mellow.
    As Candy knows the day after halloween I'm filling in for a friend's guitar player and doing a private party. 16 song set all 80's metal.
    The band is all girl and so they want me to dress the part(they know I
    m a CDer.)Mini skirt ,heels and a plunging top those are the requirments.Who am I to complain?
    [/IMG]
    A little finger tapping,and hammer-ons in this pic yeah I know I'm an 80's girl.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-15-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I've been playing guitar for about 5 years and I'm curious if anyone of you have ever played music while dressed up. I find it soo relaxing and for some reason it is easier for me to write new songs. I guess I'm just more comfortable as a girl.
    Yes I have been playing guitar since I was 5 and I have even plyed it when naked.LOL Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Well I do play guitar dressed from time to time and yes it does feel different.The finger nail thing can be a problem on the left hand.
    I do find a different style in the femme mode its still metal but a little more mellow.
    As Candy knows the day after halloween I'm filling in for a friend's guitar player and doing a private party. 16 song set all 80's metal.
    The band is all girl and so they want me to dress the part(they know I
    m a CDer.)Mini skirt ,heels and a plunging top those are the requirments.Who am I to complain?
    [/IMG]
    A little finger tapping,and hammer-ons in this pic yeah I know I'm an 80's girl.
    The band I play with doesn't know about my dressing. You are sure lucky. Billie Jean

I'll sit down and play at The Piano when it moves me to do so. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's Joanie or John, although it's a bit harder to hold down the pedals when your in heels.

My playing doesn't seem to be better or worse, no matter which of us is at The Keyboard. After many years of not playing, and reteaching myself; I now speculate that: "I'm just good enough to realize how good I ain't!"

But it is fun and takes away a lot of stress.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    J/K Carroll
    But seriously, it seems to me that skirts are not best friends of a drummer.
    How do you do it?
    Hence the reason I wear dresses.

BTW, I have to always show up early. Everybody has to set thier stuff around me. LOL
    Drumming, My other hobby

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Billie Jean the guys in my band would kill me if they knew the CD side of me.They are a bunch of tattoed ogers from hell.We do the 80's-90's thrash metal thing.I'm the only one in the band that dosen't have a tattoo or a hole in my nose!
    The girl that was the lead singer and keyboard player in a band I was in in high school started an all girl metal band several years ago.They have a gig coming up and I'm going to fill in for their guitar player while she is out of town so what an opportunity to dress and to rock!