Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Female Friends...

aka Audrey Grace

Good Female Friends...

Good Female friends make being transgendered/crossdressing so much more fun!

I have 3 friends that know this side of me really well.

1)My friend who i call "my bestie" , from high school, who has encouraged me to let this side out. She almost had me as a bridesmaid in her wedding! its probably my fault that i chickened out because thered be so many people i know there. She totally treats me just like a girl.

2)A friend from work, who i recently told, when i told her the first thing she did was call me girlfriend. it made my day. shes totally cool with it! She wants to help me bring out the girly in me.

3)my girlfriend, who knows all about this side of me, though she struggles occasionally, she really loves me. in fact we go to drag shows quite often, and this next one im going to go dressed up as Audrey

Anyways, i encourage you all to go find some good female friends!

Banned Read only
    Gosh, Audrey...I agree.

My female friend loves the secret, loves the chat.

Through her I get a better insight on the world of women and being feminine...and

through me, she gets a better insight on the world of men.

We both win.

My bestest buddy

I just recently told my best girl friend. We had been friends for a very long time and I know that she suspected but we never had the conversation. I did not know quite how to approach the subject. I knew that she would understand and be supportive but I was afraid of how it would change our relationship. Well because of some unfortunate life changing developments in my life we finally had the conversation. As expected she has been nothing but supportive. She even found this site for her and I to join to share and to learn. I recently posted pictures of my girly side because she encouraged me to do so, and from the response that I have received it was a great idea. I feel really good about that. I am still getting use to the fact that she knows and we are both taking our time in dealing with this side of me, but it sure is nice to have a GG that understands, supports, and encourages this part of me. I have never had that before and it makes such a huge difference. I am looking forward to the day where we can have a girls night out or a girls night in, oh by the way.......she is extremely gorgeous and I look forward to learning more girly things from her ....... giggles
    trisha

That's so cool you a lucy girl to have friends like that. My best GG friend is my wife and that's all I need.
    Angie

You all are very lucky, I would enjoy having a friend like yours, very cool

aka Audrey Grace
    im hoping to go out shopping dressed with them soon as well. its so much easier to be accepting of this side of yourself, when you have people who treat you like you deserve to be

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    My wife is my absolute and total best friend. We share everything, happiness and sorrows. She is the only person who has ever seen the fullness of the 'me' who I am. The beauty of this is that when I opened up to her and let her in, she didn't run, but drew closer.

I can honestly say that I have no male best friend.

My sister is in second place. She knows about me, but not to the extent that my wife does. I had to laugh when about 5 weeks ago she asked me 'Do you still do that thing you used to do?'. I asked what she meant, and she replied, wear girls clothes. I toldher that I did. She asked if my wife was okay with it, and I told her about how enthusiastic and participatory Debbie was about it. My sister chuckled, said 'Ah! I am so happy for you, because you deserve to be happy.'

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Smile

Ditto for me. My wife is my best friend and when I first met her years ago, I made sure that she met "both sides" of me. She accepted me right away.

I also have a female, former work colleague who has seen me dressed and has always promised to go shopping with me one day. (Ah, bliss!)

The gg's who know are great. So tolerant and understanding.
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

...I agree. gg help make my life way better thank god there are some who accept us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Kaylee, I don't think you're lucky;

I think u have a great attitude about yourself and your friends! That is what attracts people to u, the positive vibes u put out. I can even feel them from your post!

U ARE lucky to live in a time and place where folks r more accepting of CDs and gender bending in general!

Some of us old farts aren't so lucky!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I'm real lucky. All my friends are GGs and I have a transexual friend too. My best friend is 54 and is the most accepting person I've ever met. I dress at her place all the time, and when I stop over, I wear my nightgowns...
    Her GG friend is lovely too. Shes about 39, and comes over and sees me in my ladies wear too.
    The transexual lady is brilliant too. I've come full circle and quite proud of what I have in life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

But for those that are straight and have GG friends, how do you deal with any attraction you might feel toward them if they are not interested in a relationship with you?

Quote Originally Posted by goofus View Post
    But for those that are straight and have GG friends, how do you deal with any attraction you might feel toward them if they are not interested in a relationship with you?
    The same way you would if you were just a regular guy with female friends who weren't interested in you, I imagine. :P

I used to be fairly close friends with a girl who knew of my hobby. One day we were driving around and she suggested that I dress up and go with her and her girlfriends to a club to see which of us could get more guys' numbers. /lol

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    The same way you would if you were just a regular guy with female friends who weren't interested in you, I imagine. :P
    Which would be to ditch 'em I guess and spare myself the pain of unrequited love...or just chase someone else

You can't just be friends with a girl? =(

I have many GG friends but there are 3 I would call good friends. First is a woman I used to work with, she learned about Karen quite accidentally about 15 years ago but we became good friends and still are, as a matter of fact we are having lynch this afternoon and yes I will be Karen.

The next two are a lesbian couple that live in the same building, both are lipstick lesbians, one somewhat one an ultra fem, and they just love Karen. They have gone as far as to tell me that I should abandon the facade and become Karen 100% as I would make a great lipstick lesbian.

Finally I don't know if this counts as a friend but she is and a mentor and my bissgest supporter, my aunt! She is my father's youngest sister and only 8 years older than I am. I always felt close to her and came out to her very early in my 20's. In a way she was the impetus that drove me to come out of the closet and has helped me in so many ways. She may be my aunt but I have always loved her like a big sister!
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

love to hear from u missynicole's Avatar

female friend

laylee.....i have wanted a female (gg) friend like that for so long but just can't seem to find one....sadly.......i would love to share so much with her...

Quote Originally Posted by goofus View Post

A code I live by. "Lovers can become friends, but friends can never become lovers"

Think about it for a moment. How many of us have said that out wife is our best friend. Friendship is simply that, friendship. Add in "sex" and that destroys the friendship.

Oh yeah there have been a few times in my life that I've "kicked myself" later for turning down the "offer" but the friendship survived.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Girlfriends are great, but if the first boy who accepts you as a girl is you're male best friend... well for me he was more special... Love's ya baby
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    A code I live by. "Lovers can become friends, but friends can never become lovers"
    Actually Ive found it to be quite the opposite! I find that I become friends with someone first, and then discover that I have stronger feelings and move to become lovers. I have always found that once you are lovers with someone, its near impossible to shed those feelings that you had prior, and makes things awkward. Ive never been able to makes that transition. But I realize that a lot of women dont feel that way, as many want to remain friends...

Just my two cents.

Eve

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I do have one good female friend, and allthough I know for fact she is TG friendly (she has a FTM friend), I haven't come out to her, and I doubt I ever do. We have such a strong brother/sister type relationship, I'd rather not change that, and potentially add any ackwardness to it. It might be fun, but, I just don't think I could come out to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    You can't just be friends with a girl? =(
    Sure I can - but it isn't always easy. If you start to get close to someone of the opposite sex (or for some, someone of the same sex) and you spend a lot of time together alone, sooner or later there's that inevitable sexual tension (am I right?) and so that's my question, how does one deal with that?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dead right goofus that eventually happens.Did to me anyway.We broke up after 6 months because I was unsure of who I was sexualy.
    Anyway we are still great friends she is the best GG friend a CD guy could have.
    We talk about everything even trade/borrow clothes all the time.The little B has my new Coach purse so it better come back in one piece!LOL

Kaylee I agree the GG friends that I have are the best, they treat me like one of the girls, it is so much fun to go out as one of the girls with them, I like their advice to help me to look feminine, they are the best to get advice from.
    And their acceptance of me as Vivian is priceless. I the GG's

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    If you start to get close to someone of the opposite sex (or for some, someone of the same sex) and you spend a lot of time together alone, sooner or later there's that inevitable sexual tension (am I right?) and so that's my question, how does one deal with that?
    There hasn't been any sexual tension between me and my one friend, and he have slept next to each other before.