Thread: Fun things for a t girl visitor to do in London

Fun things for a t girl visitor to do in London

I'm planning to visit London and spend a week en femme. I used to be very a passable Asian girl in my early 20's but that was 15 years ago. I want the following advice from other ladies here:
    1) How safe is it to travel around London en femme if one is not perfectly passable (but dressed and act with common sense and grace) ?
    2) Which are the dangerous suburbs?
    3) Which bathrooms to use when in need?
    4) Where are the clubs and night spots for transgendered girls to go on weekdays? (I know of the Wayout club of course)
    5) Any hotel below 80 pounds that is T girl friendly to recommend to me?
    6) And ultimately, your suggestions on the fun things for a t girl to do in London?

I hope I am not asking too many questions here.
    Love to hear from you !!

With over 80 views by other T girls but no replies at all, I am beginning to wonder what's wrong with my questions. Am I asking something that is inapproprirate / taboo with answers that cannot be given in black and white? I have searched this site and strangely, there isn't anything specifically answering my question. I just wonder why and would be grateful if a kind sister would point that out to me.

Love, Jessica

Hi Jessica, i don,t go up to London much but try this link....

www.thewayoutclub.com

That also links you to other events too

Quote Originally Posted by jessica wai View Post
    I'm planning to visit London and spend a week en femme. I used to be very a passable Asian girl in my early 20's but that was 15 years ago. I want the following advice from other ladies here:
    1) How safe is it to travel around London en femme if one is not perfectly passable (but dressed and act with common sense and grace) ?
    4) Where are the clubs and night spots for transgendered girls to go on weekdays? (I know of the Wayout club of course)
    6) And ultimately, your suggestions on the fun things for a t girl to do in London?

I hope I am not asking too many questions here.
    Love to hear from you !!
    Hi Jessica

I live in England and saw your post, but did not reply because I live over 150 miles from the city. I have been out dressed in London many times, probably around ten visits last year but only twice so far this year. I used to visit for laser treatment and rather than travel straight up and back I would stay over for a few days.

If no one else is coming forward, I'll try to help.

1) I would say it was quite safe to travel around London if not perfectly passable but you act with common sense. There are loads of trans girls in London people are used to seeing CD's, t-girls and trans women around. I believe there is always safety in a crowd and prefer large cities to small towns.

2) Dangerous suburbs ..... harder for me to answer that one. I'm sure there are many regular natal girls who wouldn't feel comfortable walking around some areas of Tottenham (North London), Southwark (south) , Stratford and Newham (east) especially at night.

3) Bathrooms/toilets ....... use the ladies no problems there. You are more likely to encounter problems if you use the gents.

4) I'm sure there are plenty but I tend to use mainstream places.

5) Yes, I use Travelodge rooms and they can be found for around £29 a night on saver deals if you book more than 7 days ahead. I'm staying in the Docklands one (near Canary Wharf ) next week. I booked it 2 weeks ago and 3 nights are costing me £87 total You can also buy an "all you can eat" cooked and continental breakfast there for an extra £7.

Edit ... here is a link http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/ (it's worth looking back from time to time because they add discounted rooms periodically)

6) I enjoy going to the Theatre esp. en femme. The West End of London has some of the best shows in the world. If you check in discount ticket booths in Leicester Square you can often get heavily discounted tickets for that nights performance as less than half their face value.

Finally when do you plan to visit?

I will email you details of another internet TG Forum which has far more English Trans girls on it than this one, many of whom live in London. They should be able to give you further information.

I hope I've been helpful enough

London is a GREAT city! ..... have fun

Love Di x
    Last edited by Diane CHILDS; 10-11-2008 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Link inserted

I guess most of the views are from girls in the US??

Very safe and easy - London, like NYC, prides itself on accepting difference.

The only one I'd personally avoid in girl mode is Brixton, but stay central and you won't have any problems - that gives you plenty of room..

As Di says, use those suitable to how you are presenting.

The only particularly trans clubs that I can think of now, central in the week, are Trannyshack and Ted's, open Weds & Thurs respectively (but Ted's is a bit grotty).

There is also the Princess Restaurant on Earls Court Rd, which still hosts a Lipstick Night on Mondays, I believe - it's a very friendly place to visit, though, at any time, and a good place to meet with other girls you might be able to do other things with.

Many people seem to have moved on more to going to mixed and gay clubs, like Heaven?

Do a search for hotels based on price and go for a chain like Travelodge, Ibis, etc - but anywhere will be at least trans-neutral?

Really, you can go anywhere - it's only limited by what you fancy? Sight-seeing, restaurants, clubs - just go do?

HTH..
    Last edited by Nicki B; 10-11-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Added a comma.. :)
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

With over 80 views by other T girls but no replies at all, I am beginning to wonder what's wrong with my questions. Am I asking something that is inapproprirate / taboo with answers that cannot be given in black and white? I have searched this site and strangely, there isn't anything specifically answering my question. I just wonder why and would be grateful if a kind sister would point that out to me.

Love, Jessica
    The majority of members here are based in the US/Canada, that's all - so they don't know the answers to your questions and that's also why it's not a common topic..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

How about La Cage aux Folles (London, 20 Nov 2008 - 10 Jan 2009)

Transferred to the West End's Playhouse Theatre following a successful run at the Menier Chocolate Factory (click for show archive)

Current show details at http://www.lacagelondon.com

The Playhouse Theatre is within crawling distance of Embankment Tube Station so even in heels there's no excuse not to make it.

There are previews (at reduced price) from 20th October to 6th November.

The theatre offers "cabaret tables" as its top price tickets but I'm not sure whether there is drinks service at these throughout the performance.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    The majority of members here are based in the US/Canada, that's all - so they don't know the answers to your questions and that's also why it's not a common topic..
    'zaactly what Niki said - I haven't got the foggiest clue about GB.

Jessica,

Firstly, a belated welcome to the group. I think you'll find a lot of nice people here. And it's always great to see another girl from the UK come on to the forum

Don't be too put of by the lack of replies. I saw your posting, but as someone who rarely goes to London, and never in girl mode, I felt I didn't have any good advice to offer.

It's good to see the advice you have got and I think is typical of the sort friendly help you can find here.

Don't forget to let us all know how your trip goes. We closet girls love to hear how our sisters get on when they go out into the big wide world.

Whatever you do, take care.

Luv

Susan

The replies are appreciated.....well.......I am expecting so much to happen perhaps.....

Jess - where are you based normally?

And - what sort of things would you like to happen? If you want to be really looked after, you might consider one of the dressing services, like Imageworks, The Boudoir or Adam & Eve? They are very good - but not cheap..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

If you want to have some real fun in London, have a few cocktails then go to Buckingham Palace and loudly announce, "To 'ell wit Lizbeth, I'm the real queen around here!"
    Please let us know how it goes.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    If you want to have some real fun in London, have a few cocktails then go to Buckingham Palace and loudly announce, "To 'ell wit Lizbeth, I'm the real queen around here!"
    Please let us know how it goes.
    I'm sure that Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, Queen of ....

The United Kingdom , Canada , Australia , New Zealand , Jamaica , Barbados , the Bahamas , Grenada , Papua New Guinea , the Solomon Islands , Tuvalu , Saint Lucia , Saint Vincent and the Grenadines , Antigua and Barbuda , Belize, Saint Kitts and Nevis .....

is very familiar with competition from other queens...... After all she employs enough of them as footmen, butlers, valets and general servants.

Di

Quote Originally Posted by Diane CHILDS View Post
    I'm sure that Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, Queen of ....

The United Kingdom , Canada , Australia , New Zealand , Jamaica , Barbados , the Bahamas , Grenada , Papua New Guinea , the Solomon Islands , Tuvalu , Saint Lucia , Saint Vincent and the Grenadines , Antigua and Barbuda , Belize, Saint Kitts and Nevis .....

Di
    Congratulations Diane, the damehood is in the post

Luv

Susan

I live on this side of the pond but visit london a couple of times a year
    I havnt been out dressed there for ten years , but I judge citys that
    I visit on whether I would go out dressed in them , as long as you stay
    in central London dress like other women and not like a drag queen and stay away from pubs in the evening you should be fine ,

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Watersfield View Post
    Congratulations Diane, the damehood is in the post

Luv

Susan
    Damehood indeed ! ...... I already have the far superior title of Lady!

I bought my title on e-bay for 25 Euros ...... much cheaper than through New Labour.

Here's the link if you want one as well .....

http://shop.ebay.ie/merchant/highlan...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

PS if you ever meet me in person ...... don't forget to curtsy.

Love Di x

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I haven't visited London since I started cross-dressing; I lived there for 6 months in the early 90's and have touristed there several times since. I can think of some areas that I would feel fairly safe going Dressed -- outer Soho, Covent Gardens, Leister Square, some of the high-street shopping districts. I've never been to Brixton, so I can't comment on that.

Someone mentioned Stratford as being dubious: I used to live east of there and had to change trains in Stratford to/from work, so I've been there a few times, and I did find it a bit unnerving sometimes even as a male, at least back in 91. On the other hand, the place I lived (Leytonstone) was even poorer, and I think I would feel safe in Leytonstone (but bored!) because I know from my experiences there that it was not rough and that people actively ignored most people there (they weren't hostile -- they just didn't want to know you.) So safety is partly a matter of what you know, and whether you look like you belong.

Damehood indeed ! ...... I already have the far superior title of Lady!
    .....and it sounds less like a pantomime character

I bought my title on e-bay for 25 Euros ...... much cheaper than through New Labour.

Here's the link if you want one as well .....

http://shop.ebay.ie/merchant/highlan...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    I'm interested, but does it mean I'll have to learn to behave like a Lady too?

PS if you ever meet me in person ...... don't forget to curtsy.
    I'm going to start practising right away, just in case.

Luv

Susan x

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Watersfield View Post
    I'm interested, but does it mean I'll have to learn to behave like a Lady too?
    As long as it's not trying to be a Laydee..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    As long as it's not trying to be a Laydee..
    Nicki

I was VERY careful about my spelling, for that reason

Luv

Susan