Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothes or gender

Clothes or gender

If it was acceptale for men to wear dresses, skirts, makeup and feminine things, would you still use breastfoms and a different name or just be a guy in a dress?
    For me I'd still dress as Maddie with breast and using a different name because its about not being a man. I'd probably wear dresses and stuff as a man but I don't think it would be the same as changing myself into a girl.

The question is, do you cd to wear fem clothes or to be someone else ?

Tristen Cox
    A-) Gender

B-) To be me

C-) The clothes are only an illusion

As they say "clothes do not make the man" or in this case woman. The clothes are secondary to me. I'm not into over frilly, extra girly things, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt are my current fave outfit, it's about how I feel. In boy's or girl's clothes I still feel like a girl. The only real difference is the wig and boobs that I wear when dressed, and the amount of make-up that I wear.

The question "do you cd to wear fem clothes or to be someone else ?" doesn't apply. I wear femme clothes to be myself, not someone else.

Love Mona xx.

(Could you imagine all the fat, hairy blokes of this world, walking aound in their floaty Summer dresses???? I'm almost glad that it ISN'T acceptable!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by MonaSmith
    (Could you imagine all the fat, hairy blokes of this world, walking aound in their floaty Summer dresses???? I'm almost glad that it ISN'T acceptable!!! )
    Sounds like the Bounty kitchen towel adverts.

"have You tried it wet yet?"

Suzi

xx

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Dressing for me is a way to release and express my feminine side. There is a difference in me when I am fully dressed. So in truth when I am dressed I am Charlene. When in drab I am Ed. I can see distinct differences in the personalities. As Charlene develops I think there will be a bit of Merging between the two but still each will have traits all their own.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Maddie

To me its all about being a girl. Even when dressed as a guy I still think of myself as being Mia. It would wonderful if we girls could be accepted for what we are.
    hugs
    Mia lynn

Quote Originally Posted by suzi_cd

Suzi

xx
    Oh god, yes!!! I think that I had blocked this out of my memory, good call Suzi.

I'm hoping that this thread won't turn into another "It's not fair, why can't we be accepted in society?" kind of thread. I have said it before and I'll keep saying it. We can't sit in our closets and moan that nobody is doing anything to help us be accepted, while we are doing nothing to help ourselves.

Love Mona xx.

Quote Originally Posted by MonaSmith
    Oh god, yes!!! I think that I had blocked this out of my memory, good call Suzi.
    Sorry if I ruined your Sunday

Suzi

xx

Suzi

xx
    I think those guys probable enjoy cd'ing, they keep making the adverts.

Being a Girl

When I dress up it is about being a girl, I don't consider myself to be a man in a dress when I dress up, I consider myself to be a girl. I d wear feminine things when I’m in bloke mode though.

Mona, good to see there are more jeans and T-shirt girls out there, that too is my preferred mode of dress, nice jeans, cute top, coupled with a smart pair of heels, about 3" heel height, perfect for me.

Michelle xxx

Sorry if I ruined your Sunday

Suzi

xx
    Nah, that's okay, I'm about to go food shopping at the local supermarket, my Sunday was already ruined

Mona xx

If it were suddenly acceptable for men to wear feminine clothing in public, it would have absolutely no bearing on how I dress, although I would be less self-conscious and cautious when out in public.

I have to go along with Ms. Smith here -- I just feel more comfortable when I match my appearance with my mind. I only occasionally wear skirts or dresses, being perfectly content in jeans or shorts and a nice top. Make-up is a daily routine for me, but sometimes that simply means powder and light colored lipstick.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Isn't it strange, we go on about the right to be accepted and dress however we like, but the truth is if it did become acceptable many of us would hate it.
    Dressing for many of us is mearly a tool to enable us to feel and express our femininity, how much more difficult that would be if it became common place for men to wear frocks and makeup, perhaps what we should be pushing for is the right to be accepted/treated as female whether genetic or not!
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I would wear a kimono or be a China doll or something,
    but I would still be me.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

I am just happy that I can dress to reflect my true self and proud to do so.

i wish it was acceptable for men to wear dresses and things in public for whatever reason. i have always liked the frillier items be it dresses,blouses,lingerie,etc. i do feel better in the frillier things as i like the softness against me. i don't wear the clothes because of any taboo and if was exceptable i would be out and about in the frilliest dress and accessories.

i agree with the statement that was made that clothes don't make the person. in some cases people dress to feel like and be a woman. in my case i love the clothes a lot better than mens and just wish that i could wear whatever i want like the women who wear mens clothes.

hope i didn't make anyone mad at me and i respect anyone choices of why they dress.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would love to be able to wear skirts and dresses in public as a feminized guy. Wearing girl's clothes makes me feel good. I have to agree that it is about "feeling femininity" or what we as guys perceive it's like to be feminine.

For me, the clothes help the girl come out, but I think the level of dressing that makes the girl come out, varies from person to person.

So to answer your question: "do you cd to wear fem clothes, or to be someone else ?" - I cd to be myself. Sometimes I feel more girly than other times and so I dress accordingly.

Angel
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-29-2005 at 02:06 PM.

i was trying to think of something very worthy and erudite which might succinctly express what i feel about this very subjective area...but whilst i was looking up big words in the dictionary Lady Jayne said it perfectly for me. Nice one Lady, ireally couldnt have put it better myself. x
    Man!...Feels like a Woman!

First, Maddie, I love your Avitar!

I dress for the clothes. If it was ok for me to be a man and wear the clothes, I would be free! I don't personally try to become a woman. I have tried to pass as a woman so I could wear the clothes in public, but it was about the clothes that made me pursue "womanliness."

I feel like I am probably the odd ball here!

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Jjjjohanne,

Remember that as a group it doesnt matter why or how much we dress. We all just love to dress. No need to feel like an odd ball here.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

I'm with you on this one Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie Knight
    If it was acceptale for men to wear dresses, skirts, makeup and feminine things, would you still use breastfoms and a different name or just be a guy in a dress?
    For me I'd still dress as Maddie with breast and using a different name because its about not being a man. I'd probably wear dresses and stuff as a man but I don't think it would be the same as changing myself into a girl.

The question is, do you cd to wear fem clothes or to be someone else ?
    Even if it was acceptable for men to wear skirts and makeup, it would make no difference to the way I feel. I want to be Linda, the clothes are part of the illusion that I have, but I need the whole package; the forms, the makeup,the wig. I need to feel and act like Linda, in fact most of the time I am Linda. I feel more relaxed and complete en femme and wouldn't be happy just feeling like a guy in a dress.

Platinum Member
    for me i would say i think i would like to wear anything i want any time eather mode...
    but my dressing goes beyond just jumping in some fem clouthing i think it comes from within me ...the way i think ..the way i feel...i realy enjoy my wendy time.. i had a thread abought crossdressing your mind ......for me i derss and thats to be wendy...a guy in a dress ....??? no we put "him" in the closet were "he" belongs.........see this ...
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6609

Akyra
    juz gimme yur shooez.....

can i buy a vowel??????

"Hi, my name's Melissa and I'm gender dysphoric."

All together now: "HI MELISSA!"

It's about BEING a girl. And feeling female. And I don't want a cure. I would no more wear a skirt when not being Melissa than I would go to my male-dominated job dressed. I love my male life, and am in that mode most of the time. But NEED to experience the half of me that is female in thought, spirit, and appearance(well, kind of, with alot of work!!) often. I share that part of me with those I choose to share it with, but hide it from no one. I wish Melissa could go shopping at the mall without being stared at and ridiculed, but that ain't the world we live in. I make the best of it.

Hugs,

Melissa

For me, it is a state of mind whatever I wear. I dress fem to be fem. If wearing fem was sanctioned, I would, depending on my feelings at the time,
    be whichever I wanted.

AbbyLee